It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Pass Gay Adoption Ban

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

"Over the last 10 years, we estimate that at least 1,800 children in Arkansas never found families before becoming adults."

This really is the point.

I DON"T CARE how you feel about homosexuality.

That is a private matter between two consenting adults.

The point is kids need a home.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think the most important point that is completely missed, or dodged is that kids need a male and female influence in their life. A child is not going to comprehend at the such a young age why they have 'two dad's or 'two mum's' and naturally they are going observe and learn ss all kids do as to why other friends have a mum and dad.

Kids are surprisingly smart at a young age and they absorb so much which is a proven fact in studies of behavior and thought patterns. The kids are the main priorety and you dont want confusion and questions to fill their life especially in regard to having gay couples as parents.

And lets not forget the social and mental impact that a gay couple could have on a child waiting to be told the circumstances when they get older and could possibly cause more trauma than needed.

Im not questioning the parenting abilities of gay couples I am going on the most common factor which has been established from day one, a mum and a dad. Psychologically it is reccomended as well wich despite the gay couples parenting skills, in them being gay initially they cannot compensate for

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thats REALLY Cool To Know People Would Rather Kids Have NO ONE,Rather Than "Gay Parents"...That Is Clearly A Smart Choice

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rory27

Well by all means you can be the one to deal with the siblings social and psychological disorders in trying to come to terms with why they have no male and female influence.

Avoiding these issues which can cause damage to family relations, social structure and confusion is the best solution for the kids yes. I reiterate kids are the main priority, they don't need confusion and social issues with having two mums or dads to ponder about until they are old enough.

You are veering off the issue as well, the people responsible for having the children are the ones who need to be addressed and spoken too. Dont pass other people issues onto families who in all their right can deny any child that is not legally or bioligically theirs.....thats just shifting the blame

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drakiir
I think the most important point that is completely missed, or dodged is that kids need a male and female influence in their life. A child is not going to comprehend at the such a young age why they have 'two dad's or 'two mum's' and naturally they are going observe and learn ss all kids do as to why other friends have a mum and dad.

Kids are surprisingly smart at a young age and they absorb so much which is a proven fact in studies of behavior and thought patterns. The kids are the main priorety and you dont want confusion and questions to fill their life especially in regard to having gay couples as parents.

And lets not forget the social and mental impact that a gay couple could have on a child waiting to be told the circumstances when they get older and could possibly cause more trauma than needed.

Im not questioning the parenting abilities of gay couples I am going on the most common factor which has been established from day one, a mum and a dad. Psychologically it is reccomended as well wich despite the gay couples parenting skills, in them being gay initially they cannot compensate for

Children need both male and female influences in their lives correct,but that can easily come with friends and family.Parents arent going to be locked in a room 24 hours a day with their kids until they are 18,family members and friends usually have a pivotal role aswell,single parents?. I dont accept that argument or the one that children will be comparing families etc I think that happens anyway over a variety of issues and is hardly a very negative thing,healthy id say.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

I think the most important point that is completely missed, or dodged is that kids need a male and female influence in their life.

Research has shown kids do not need two opposite gendered parents. Kids will get these kinds of influences from everyone around them, the world is made of females and males, they will have plenty of these influences and the mentality of these people will be far more important than their genders.

Can Lesbians, Gay Men, and Bisexuals Be Good Parents?
Yes. Studies comparing groups of children raised by homosexual and by heterosexual parents find no developmental differences between the two groups of children in four critical areas: their intelligence, psychological adjustment, social adjustment, and popularity with friends. It is also important to realize that a parent's sexual orientation does not indicate their children's.
Another myth about homosexuality is the mistaken belief that gay men have more of a tendency than heterosexual men to sexually molest children. There is no evidence to suggest that homosexuals molest children.www.apahelpcenter.org...
www.apa.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drakiir
I reiterate kids are the main priority, they don't need confusion and social issues with having two mums or dads to ponder about until they are old enough.

I agree the kids are the main priority, and that is exactly why they should have parents. Just because SOME PEOPLE THINK homosexuality is an issue, they are prevented from having parents.

That pretty much is your point. You already said that it didn't have to do with the parenting skills, but the "social issue" of having gay parents.

So the point is this...

Homosexuals should not be parents because people are/will be prejudice against them...

Well I agree with you, that is pretty much the only problem...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I still say the amendment was screwed up.

If you voted for the amendment you were voting against adoption rights.

If you voted against the amendment you were voting for adoption rights.

That screwed up a lot of voters.

I hope the supreme court in this banana republic of ours tosses it.

Love and sex are two different things. I'm a straight white male and I've had crazy sex with women I didn't love. Sometimes more than one at the same time. Did that make me an unfit parent? I don't think so. I have three children who love me and they don't think so either. (Not that they know about it.)

Loving and raising a child has nothing to do with who your partner is. It is the loving and raising that is important.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've had these kind of discussions many times. As someone already explained, it's already studied by psychologists than a kid raised by homosexual parents will not be any different to those raised by an heterosexual one. There are tons of single parents raising children, so what? Do they have to act as both mother and father so the kid can have both roles? A child gets both gender's roles in his life by all of his surroundings, not just his parents.

Regarding the "but the kid will get laughed at!" argument is simply dumb. Absolutely every kid, even bullies, are laughed at in some point of their lifes for being fat, skinny, tall, short, etc. In fact I'm sure many of us here posting have suffered to a kid calling us names, regardless of the parents we have. What I'm trying to say is that kids will laugh at anything. If you continue to hold this argument as the absolute truth then you should also prevent a woman in a wheelchair to raising children because other kids will laugh at them.

Also, it's funny that the same people who believe children will be affected by other kid's comments are the same people who believe homosexuality is wrong. This is because they can not see outside their view.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

The amendment was screwed up? If the wording was screwed up people would have a clause on which to repeal this ridiculous bill. I heard the same thing happened with Prop 8.

-Ign0RanT

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join