It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Pass Gay Adoption Ban

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

No, some are impatient and want action before all the studies have been completed and digested.

The children will be OK, as long as we don't use them as pawns in adult discussions.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What happened to this country. I thought this was a country founded on the idea that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Not all straight men, ALL. and by the way, I consider that to equal women as well, must have been a slip up on our founding fathers, right?

Just because you think homosexuality is wrong does not mean it is. When will the country get that?

I find it ironic the same people who want government out of our lives are the same ones proclaiming that gays are lesser human beings and dont deserve the same rights. America in 2008, take two steps forward and then one step back.

We'll get there eventually.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
then you have no business being a parent ...sorry ...

Well you are open to an opinion, but that is all it is.

There is no official rule book for life.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Originally posted by bknapple32
I find it ironic the same people who want government out of our lives are the same ones proclaiming that gays are lesser human beings and dont deserve the same rights.

And I find it sad that you have to post such BS. I have not read anywhere here where anybody said that gays are lesser human beings.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

By denying them rights, you are saying such. If they are equal, they should have the same rights as a heterosexual couple

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The parades are what gets everyone so upset about ..when you all trying to convince us that your all moral etc .......that is what I they all (and me) find OFFENSIVE ...Seriously you cannot tell me that I am hating ,not seeing you as equals etc ....the parades are disgusting I dont care if it is all STRAIGHT people doing it ..I still do not see anything enlightening or morally ok about that behavior .

And I have told this already at least three times ..If YOU think there is nothing wrong with that sort of behaviour and think you need to be parents while condoning and taking part in stuff like that ...and that is ALSO the reason why they (the people and the CPS ) are not ready to just hand over children to you .....Cant you see that ?

This is not a me against you war ..stop that ... ..it is THEM (the people) you need to SHOW that your not all nasty pervs in PARADES showing off your body parts and sexual deeds ..and then come in here and say NOTHING WRONG with that sort of behaviour ...................and then ask for adopted kids and marriage licenses ..Dont you get that yet ??

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Uhh... Since when do they do sexual deeds in these parades? That would be illegal, straight or gay.

Who cares they have parades... Go start a straight parade if you'd like.

Again, who says your principles are the ones we should all follow?

How incredibly egocentric

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I actually agree, but things don't just happen. Equality is something our nation has strived for from the start, and yet equality for all races was only fairly recently obtained. It was not achieved overnight, but sitting around and waiting for it to happen is not how it happened either, people fought a long and painful fight for it. Some even lost their lives, thankfully the climate we live in while not as desirable a one as I would like, it is in no way as dangerous or discriminatory a time as that was.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Please do not ask me to post a link to the video and pictures of the one in San Diego (not sure how long ago ) where even the police were told ..no arrests for anyone ...no matter what goes on ..so thats exactly what happened ......they did nasties on the street .....I refuse to post it or even watch it again ..
The only reason I did was because it was posted all over the message boards all over the world wide web and was being discussed among ALL THOSE PEOPLE who wont stand behind you when it is time to vote ....they saw it ..(it was hard to avoid hearing about it even though I myself hate getting into discussions about this ..YES I HATE IT ..and I dont even know why I decided to come into this thread ..I avoided it for three days at least ....
And those vids and photos said alot to them about the lifestyle (Most had never even seen these parades before (I had not ever seen them either and didnt think anything about your parades until I saw that video) .... it also spoke loud about the agenda of at least those particular gays ..(which as you know reflects on to as a whole ) ..and the pics and the actions spoke loud as to whats really going on ...and it sure didnt have anything to do with gay marriages ..

Which once again I will say this ...I personally think you should be allowed (as you already are now) to be protected under the civil union laws ...like alot of us are who believe WE DONT NEED THE STATE TO GIVE US PERMISSION TO BE MARRIED ...we also do not believe we should have to PAY THEM ANYTHING for a marriage license (they get enough or our tax money) ...and we dont believe they have any business in our PERSONAL choices in our bedrooms >..we are married in the eyes of God (in our opinion ) and to eachother .*we are faithful and committed ... ..thats all we need ............I know CA has common law and yall are allowed all benefits etc ..as we get (common law straights) .......so really I dont understand why you dont just get on with your life..LIFE IS SHORT you know .....your wasting it doing all of this extra stuff protesting fighting throwing fits demanding attention with negatives ..it isnt getting you anywhere but resented by that majority you need to help you vote in your marriages and adoptions ....(I know I am repeating myself ..sorry) .....

Thanks for listening (Or not ) ....I am going back to the Obama is the AC threads now ..
Have fun ..

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings, it is most likely due to my age. I think any loving couple should be able to adopt children. I am pro-choice, but have battled a demon since 1979. You see, I had an abortion and now feel extremely guilty. I have been able to serve my country in the Army and be a nurse for 10yrs after. I was 19 at the time and unmarried. Children need a chance in this life! " Let him cast the first stone!"

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I waste my time because I think every citizen in the United States is entitled to the same thing. Dont let one event, that I've yet to see, make you think all gay parades are the same. Whats the difference between that and Mardis Gras?????? I'll let you think about that one for a while.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You should judge people (like all things) on a case by case basis, not by what people you think are similar to them do.

And like was already said, people "waste" their time with this issue for the same reason all people fight for their rights.

Life would be a lot better for all of us if people viewed the changes and differences between us as positive instead of negative.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I have mixed feelings, it is most likely due to my age. I think any loving couple should be able to adopt children. I am pro-choice, but have battled a demon since 1979. You see, I had an abortion and now feel extremely guilty. I have been able to serve my country in the Army and be a nurse for 10yrs after. I was 19 at the time and unmarried. Children need a chance in this life! " Let him cast the first stone!"

I couldn't agree more, this thread isn't really supposed to be about the issue of gay rights it more about the fact that when so many kids are homeless with out loving families we are restricting them even more. By banning Homosexual couples from adopting kids you are just shaving off the already low group of parents that want to adopt.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

You should judge people (like all things) on a case by case basis, not by what people you think are similar to them do.

I couldn't agree with you more on this point Jezus.

I would point out that such a noble ideal should be equally shared by all groups, however. That would not only include gay couples, but also the poor, the different racial groups, the various churched and their members, those who believe in gun control and those who believe in the right to carry, those who believe in progressive policies and those who believe in conservative policies. Everyone.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Brilliant...thousands of loving homes for children completely thrown in the trash because of what sex someone decides to love and be faithful to....welcome to humanity,we are smart enough to build nukes,but accepting people for who they are? nope

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Jezus

I couldn't agree with you more on this point Jezus.

I would point out that such a noble ideal should be equally shared by all groups, however. That would not only include gay couples, but also the poor, the different racial groups, the various churched and their members, those who believe in gun control and those who believe in the right to carry, those who believe in progressive policies and those who believe in conservative policies. Everyone.

TheRedneck

What a great post, I really wish I could give you more then one star for that.

Rarely do I one line, but this was worth it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
...those who believe in gun control and those who believe in the right to carry, those who believe in progressive policies and those who believe in conservative policies. Everyone.

I agree with you that ALL people should be judged on a case by case basis.

However, I can't help but comment on one simple point.

Guns can very directly impact other people.

Policies certainly effect more than individuals.

However, we are literally debating in this thread the right of a couple to adopt children...

so less couples get children they want...

less children get homes they want...

Who wins? Who benefits? Who does this make happy? And why?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Jezus, I was simply agreeing to your point and expanding on it.

As to the issue at hand, as I believe I have pointed out earlier, this is only happening because of the present political war over gay marriage. I will agree that this law was poorly worded and miserably considered as far as the impact of it goes.

With war comes casualties, and those adversely affected by this bill are indeed casualties of war. I feel for them, but there is little I can do for them as long as the fighting continues.

Either stop the fighting, or stop complaining about the crossfire.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I really hope THE AMERICAN PEOPLE are ready for a war on there on turf..... Because allowing people to vote in order to take away rights from Other people, that they still have is against everything this country is for.....Good job on showing ignorance and hate!!!! I really wish God would come down and say "I DIDN"T TEACH YOU TO HATE" .........

American voted the first every african american president into office... We took a huge step forward saying COLOR DOESN"T MATTER and that RACISIM WILL NOT be tolerated.... But on that same day we took a major 6 steps back...

So get ready for the fighting and the blood shed... And please don't hold a bible up and throw it at people when your ignorant ass can't and hasn't ever read it!!!!!! God's the only one who can jusge....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Vote against Act 1

What a nice bunch of kids. Here's a site I found which was trying to raise support against the bill that eventually passed. It gives some clarity from the children's point of views and lets us realize this isn't a homosexual/heterosexual or married/unmarried issue anymore it's about the future generation. This generation if I may add are very bright and would be a great loss if we shunned them from society.

Familes First

-Ign0RanT

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join