It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Gipsland Earthworms Gurgle About Below - at 2 Meters, They're more like Snakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Man, this is like three things in two days I've never seen before - sorry if old, but I thought this was great. Not only are worms great for the health of the soil, but they are an indicator as well of the general health of the planet. This would be good bait for thost gigantic catfish that are eating people in Vietnam.

www.liveleak.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 5-11-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
when i was a kid growing up in toronto my friend and i found an earthworm that was much larger then the average snake in a swamp. i always wondered if i should have taken pictures or not, but sadly digital cameras werent around quite yet. it was freekish though, unreal

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X1

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, there are rare N. American earth worms that can grow up to three feet. I really think these things are cool but the cameras in their tunnels make them slightly less appealing with thier liquid bubbles they slime around in...

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Where I first lived, Buchan, Australia, people would find these now and them.

Being very delicate, and living in wet tunnels, I believe they could "hear", as in sensing vibration, with their whole bodies, and could easily find another worm from a distance for mating.

They don't taste any good.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Cool. Now when you say they don't taste good, that's to the fish, right?
I can't imagine sinking into one of these - I wonder if fearfactor ever had these one the plate?

ColoradoJens

top topics

join