It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brady Campaign fired up after election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

“This is a good day for people who want to reduce gun violence in America,” said Sarah Brady, Chair of the Brady Campaign. “It’s a bad day for extremists who are stuck in the rhetoric of the past.”

“President-Elect Obama has talked repeatedly about his support for sensible gun laws and the need to keep dangerous guns out of the hands of dangerous people. He even highlighted his support for restrictions on assault weapons in his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Denver,” Helmke said. “Obama’s message on guns, recognizing that the Second Amendment gives people the right to own guns subject to reasonable restrictions, is consistent with what we’ve been saying since the Supreme Court’s ruling on the Second Amendment last June.”

“We know many elected officials still consider anything dealing with guns to be controversial, but yesterday’s elections should encourage them to start moving forward,” Helmke said.

www.bradycampaign.org...

Granted, it will nice to tell all the fools who repeatedly said "there will be no bans" I told you so but that moment of simple satisfaction will not ease the pain of being turned a felon overnight for doing what I've always done and owning what I've always owned.

You bunch of totalitarian nanny-staters. I moved out of my parent house all those years ago so I wouldnt have to live under this kind of fascist crap. Where's the middle finger emoticon?

[edit on 5-11-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Adding a nice video of the post-election statement:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Like I keep saying. They still have to come get them if they ban them. I still cannot understand what part of shall not be infringed doesn't sink in to these people.

I can see an attempt at a weapons ban in our near future. The question is how many of us will fight it or hand their guns over.

new topics

join