It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the hypocrites of Europe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
It's all so unfair.

Here in merry olde England we even let those heathen Scots into Parliament and even have one as Prime Minister! Nothing hypocritical with that, we let anyone take a shot at the top slot (as long as they are dishonest enough and kiss the right corporate butts).

...and we did that long before you colonials allowed a Black chappie a sniff at any sort of powerful office. Ok, he's only half black so obviously some concessions were made.

How amazingly tolerant...a Scot.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A bit of inherent natural English racism showing through there.

In fact, I am half Scottish, on my fathers side, so I guess I must be a self-hating Scot?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I live in Norway, so I guess that makes me one of the "hypocrites"...

I hate to break this to you, but here in Europe we don't really consider your nation to be very racist. Not in this day and age, anyway.

We have had more of a problem with that... well, kind of peculiar charachter you people managed to elect as your president. Twice!

[edit on 5/11/08 by ziggystar60]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Please Obama is more "white" in the american context of what being "white" means in the US than the average "white trash" American citizen.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yeah. If Obama had said "dawg" once then I'd say he wasn't white. But I don't recall hearing that...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

yeah, because your race is determined by the words you use, gimme a break. so if mccain had said dawg would you have believe he was black, don't be a muppet.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
well i think theres stereotypes for every nation.

in europe people generally think its only the redneck banjo playing inbreads of the deep south that have a reputation for being racist.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

How intelligent

<< 1   >>

join