It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army interpreter guilty of spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Army interpreter guilty of spying

news.bbc.co.uk

Army interpreter Daniel James, who worked for Britain's top general in Afghanistan, has been found guilty of spying for Iran.

The Iranian-born corporal translated for the head of multi-national forces, General David Richards.

The court heard he sent coded messages to an Iranian military attache in Kabul telling him "I am at your service".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

could have cost the lives of British soldiers

COULD have cost the lives...well did it or didn't it?
Bet it didn't cost as many as the poor equipment and vehicles the unfortunate have had to suffer with.
Bet it didn't cost as many as the live already lost due to the lies that led to the invasion in the first place.
Bet this is just another excuse to have an argument with Iran.

"the height of betrayal".

oh, sorry...seems you've been deeply emotinoaly scarred by his possible actions...wake up! 'Cos that's what spies do..it's their job...

I just love the way they touch on 'facts' like his 25k debts and four houses and an invite to his boss for a salsa dance...
Just what kind of character eveidence is that? and why on earth is it being used as a way to discredit the accused? It has no relevance to the case, if any case is actually proven to be worthy of investigation.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Err so what do you think should happen to him?

I don’t see why “the height of betrayal” is inaccurate; he swore an oath of allegiance and reneged on breaking the law in the process.

Also what lies were told to get anyone into Afghanistan?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
IMO

This is HIGH TREASON

shame we dont have the death pen over in the UK for this... good old hung drawn and quatered should do the trick

i know this may come accross strong but i love my country

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

I could be wrong because I'm an american and my information about the UK is probably not as accurate as someone who is actually living there.

Although there is no death penalty in the UK, don't they still reserve the right to a death penalty for treason?

I have read this in multiple places, and from what I understand the royal family still reserves the right to use the death penalty for treason, but only for treason.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I think there is a posabilty for it, but the last execution was just after WW2 think '46

there are so many old laws in the uk heres one

"it is Illegal to stop the Queens mail" IE The Royal mail postie...So techincaly they can go though red lights if they wanted to

new topics

top topics

join