It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think the chances are for Ron Paul to be included in Obama's Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I must start by saying I am happy and hopeful for the results of last night's election. I believe that if anything, this election has shown that this country is more mature than many (including myself) thought. I am hopeful for Obama's administration and I can openly say I voted for him and was moved to see him succeed. My question though that I would like to pose is what do you think are the chances for Obama to include Ron Paul anywhere in the administration? Mr. Paul has shown nothing but progressive ideas from his disagreement with the war in Iraq from the start, to the abolition of the Fed and the IRS. I understand that Obama is not in favor of either of these ideas, but Mr. Paul has demonstrated a mastery of the subject of the current economic crisis and seems to have a list of several potential solutions to the issues. This selection of Mr. Paul as a cabinet member or senior official would also satisfy Obama's passion for striking a middle ground as Mr. Paul is a republican.

This is just a question I would like to post in order to see what others think of the possibility. Thanks for reading and replying and I have included a video of Mr. Paul's economic ideals and quotes that I believe demonstrates just how qualified he would be during this important time in America.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ummm...

Zero.

Pauls message of liberty is directly contrary to Obamas message of "Overlord government is your daddy now"

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am a sincere admirer of Ron Paul's efforts to educate the electorate regarding the realities of the economic situation we are in. I accept and applaud his evident dedication to the constitutional form of republic we have here in the American enterprise.

But I hold no hopes for those who are political to overcome their 'loyalties'. I feel no discomfort in openly recognizing that the political parties are more important to themselves than the country, per se. I wish they would 'break' the chain and invite other individuals who are not members of the Democratic party to assist in whatever corrective actions need be carried out, but I doubt it will happen. And I suspect that even if it did happen, it would be scaled-backed to be as insignificant as possible, in political terms.

But I would welcome any happy surprise that the new administration may have in store for the party. Personally, I feel the party system is responsible for a large portion of the problems we have been facing. Our politicians are supposed to represent us, not the party.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Maxmars]

new topics

join