It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to move missiles to Baltic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

This isn't about European defense - this is about Iran and control of oil pipelines - and as we've seen, bush is quite prepared to go to war for oil.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
This isn't about European defense - this is about Iran and control of oil pipelines - and as we've seen, bush is quite prepared to go to war for oil.

I did not say it is an issue of European defense. I said its a matter of political posturing. Bush may be prepared to go to war for oil, fine. Russia may want to support Iran.. OK. But if you think that in this context these missiles have any great significance, then I believe you are mistaken. If US DOES go to war for oil, and Russia actually becomes involved in the conflict, then I am certain these missiles would not be allowed to play any part.

Also the idea that US (and even less, NATO) would attack Russia is complete nonsense.. even if Russia supports Iran by giving them weapons. Nobody wants a nuke-off.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What is the big deal about this?
Its because if the missile defense shield.
Russia said months ago if the US and Poland went ahead with the defense shield they would deploy missiles closer to Poland.
They aren't going to use them if it comes to that everyone will be dead anyway, but honestly what choice do they have its a strategic move that anyone would have to make.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
What is the big deal about this?
Its because if the missile defense shield.
Russia said months ago if the US and Poland went ahead with the defense shield they would deploy missiles closer to Poland.
They aren't going to use them if it comes to that everyone will be dead anyway, but honestly what choice do they have its a strategic move that anyone would have to make.

Actually Russia said if we put missiles in Poland they would NUKE Poland.

I am not too worried though. We bought some Russian missiles for the 4th of July and they SUCKED!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

After reading this, I'm pretty sure that you haven't really read what I've been saying - hence the cherrypicking parts of a post to make a point that has been made numerous times.

A direct conflict is not the only concern here - a proxy war would be more likely but just as damaging.

BTW - by the US attacking Russian interests, they are in effect attacking Russia.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Alphard

After reading this, I'm pretty sure that you haven't really read what I've been saying - hence the cherrypicking parts of a post to make a point that has been made numerous times.

A direct conflict is not the only concern here - a proxy war would be more likely but just as damaging.

BTW - by the US attacking Russian interests, they are in effect attacking Russia.

Exactly and anyone who wants to know the truth about the Russia vs. Georgia war should look here, it should read, Russia vs.US.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
reply to post by Alphard

Certainly a message well timed by the Russians.

Right on schedule, seems they took the bait.

I hope china will follow suit with their economic move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join