It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well the world gets what we voted for.

Roper

www.jpost.com...

A barrage of rockets hit Gaza-belt communities Wednesday morning after IDF forces engaged Hamas gunmen inside the Strip. It was the worst outbreak of violence since a shaky cease-fire took effect in June.

www.reuters.com...

A breakdown of the Egyptian-brokered Gaza truce would pose yet another challenge to U.S. efforts, opposed by Hamas, to achieve a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians.

Egypt has been working to extend the ceasefire beyond its agreed six-month duration and, in conjunction with other Arab countries, to reconcile Hamas and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah faction at a summit in Cairo next week.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So this was caused by the election results? They were poised with their fingers over the launch button until the election results came in? Give me a break. You want some cheese with that?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It wouldnt be the first time. The hostages in Iran were released after Reagan got elected despite the terrorists lack of cooperation with Carter.

If 23% of Texans think Obama is a Muslim what makes you think a bunch of lunatics in the desert know any better? I would bet money that there is some militant psycho group over there that is convinced Obamas election signifies the brth of a new Caliphate or some crap like that.

People have been killed and wars started for a lot less.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
So this was caused by the election results? They were poised with their fingers over the launch button until the election results came in? Give me a break. You want some cheese with that?

The Muslims think they have a ally in Obama and Israel thinks it doesn't .

So take off your rose colored glasses.

Roper

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The Muslims think they have a ally in Obama and Israel thinks it doesn't .

Well Obama isn't in office until January 20th next year.

So whats your point?

The stories you have linked are happening while its still Bush's watch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The Muslims that have been fighting Israel feel empowered.

Things have been quite for awhile and now they erupt? Ya gotta wonder why.

Roper

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Brace yourselves for an attack on Iran from Israel before the first of the year. Israel does not believe they have a friend in Obama. Bush will back Israel's play.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Rose colored glasses? Me? You clearly haven't seen my postings in the Survival forum. My glasses do, however, allow me to see the spectrum between black and white (and I'm not talking about ethnicity).

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i believe you are mistaken.. he wouldnt have got this far if he wasnt a friend of israel. Almost every viable candidate spoke to the jewish community, pledging to keep things exactly the way they are.

Introduced as the nominee of the Democratic Party, Senator Barack Obama drew several standing ovations from a vastly Jewish crowd at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s annual policy conference in Washington on Wednesday, talking tough on the Iranian threat to Israel while also promising that he would lead in pursuing a peace settlement in Israel.

“I won’t wait until the waning days of my presidency,” Mr. Obama said. “I will take an active role and make a personal commitment to do all I can to advance the cause of peace from the start of my administration.”

“Let me be very clear,” she said, “I know Senator Obama will be a good friend of Israel.”

Mr. Obama defended his stance that he would negotiate with the nation’s enemies, but coupled that with a pledge of unstinting support for Israel’s security. He also promised to send military hardware to Israel under the same conditions governing NATO nations.

He talked tough on Iran, describing it in terms suggestive of a rogue nation. He made clear that he would place the military might of the United States behind Israel in the event of an Iranian attack on the Jewish state.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yup, they voted Bush twice, ran up biggest deficit in the history of the world, doubled oil prices, plummeted the economy to biggest decline since the Great Depression and now Arabs are more violent than ever...good job Chimpco.

Maybe next year we can get back to economic development with a leader that hasn't fried his brains.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here you go. Putin wants to be President of Russia again, why?

Does Putin think Obama is a second stringer? Will the KGB try to take back all the real estate that was lost?

Roper

news.yahoo.com...

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russian President Dmitry Medvedev could resign from his post in 2009 to pave the way for Vladimir Putin to return to the Kremlin, Vedomosti newspaper reported on Thursday, citing an unidentified source close to the Kremlin.

Medvedev Wednesday proposed increasing the presidential term to six years from four years, a step the newspaper said was part of a plan drawn up by Vladislav Surkov, who serves as Medvedev's first deputy chief of staff.

Under the plan, Medvedev could implement changes to the constitution and unpopular social reforms "so that Putin could return to the Kremlin for a longer period," the newspaper said.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Roper]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
it was just a matter of time before this broke down and started up again.
The real question is how nasty is it going to get, and will any other troops get hurt or involved.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
The Muslims that have been fighting Israel feel empowered.

Things have been quiet for awhile and now they erupt? Ya gotta wonder why.

Maybe they were celebrating the end of Bush and not the start of Obama

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Israel will continue to have support from the U.S. under the Obama administration. I am confident that Barack Obama understands the importance of proactive support for Israel. He will not be allowed to falter on this. Why do I say this with such a degree of certainty? Two words: Rahm Emanuel.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm sure he will just talk them out of it.

Roper

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The first of the challenges thrown at the President-elect, who received his first national security intelligence briefing yesterday, came from the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

He threatened to base warheads along the Polish border if Obama goes ahead with a Bush administration plan to create a missile shield in Eastern Europe.

Then Israel warned Obama last night that his claim that he was ready to open talks with Iran could be seen in the Middle East as a sign of weakness.

top topics

join