It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM: Bush will go down in Israeli history

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
What will the Bush hating/Israel loving liberals have to say now?

I guess you're not familiar with the Progressive Independent Forum.
It has thousands of left-wing members, most of whom hate Bush, and hate the treasonous attitude many pro-Israel Americans in power have shown to America.

I always thought that is was the Liberal Party whose sympathies were with the displaced and terrorized Palestinians, and the Republican Christian right who supported Zionism.

But, *shrug*, I could be wrong.

If you couldn't see that Bush and Israel were in bed together you must be blind or reading a different news paper.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am well aware of the Israeli influence on America's foreign policy. I really recommend to watch the documentary I posted above.

Another reason of the huge influence is the support of a ''certain'' group of people, was very well explained by an American person on another forum:

There has also always been a weird dichotomy in this country where fundamentalist Christian wing nuts support Israel due to the biblical prophecies about the Rapture. Have to make sure they're still here so Jesus can come back and pwn them.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I am well aware of the Israeli influence on America's foreign policy. I really recommend to watch the documentary I posted above.

Another reason of the huge influence is the support of a ''certain'' group of people, was very well explained by an American person on another forum:

There has also always been a weird dichotomy in this country where fundamentalist Christian wing nuts support Israel due to the biblical prophecies about the Rapture. Have to make sure they're still here so Jesus can come back and pwn them.

Good video I just watched it. A lot of great points.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Bush didn't fight for anything, he didn't die for anything that job was left to the sons and daughters of America

Exactly. Bush didn't go to Nam either. Neither did Cheney or K. Rove. All of them found reasons not to go. Chickenhawks!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

That is how things are run, is always the ones in the privilege ranks and the ones in the working class.

But once in a while you may find people that have no problem serving the nation regardless if they belong at the top or the bottom.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Condoleezza Rice, the US Secretary of State, was forced to step back from voting in favour of the Gaza ceasefire resolution at the UN Security Council after orders from Washington, diplomatic sources said yesterday.

The US abstention on the resolution vote early yesterday, which clearly weakened its impact, was the final twist in a tumultuous three-day marathon of negotiations in New York.

When three of the world's top diplomats -- Ms Rice, David Miliband, Britain's foreign secretary, and his French counterpart, Bernard Kouchner -- descended on New York on Tuesday to take action there was plenty of reason to believe that their efforts would end in tears. Most alarming was the prospect of a vote on a ceasefire text tabled by Libya. The US was threatening to veto it.

But by Thursday morning, the US had had a surprising change of heart. It could back a resolution, if the British drafted one, which Mr Miliband and his diplomatic crew duly did.

When finally every last hurdle was cleared and the members of the Security Council were headed to their chamber for the vote, there was a mood of celebration in the building.

But before the vote was due, word began to circulate that America was not going to vote in favour after all. The change of heart came about with a phone call from George Bush to Ms Rice in which he said don't veto the resolution but don't vote for it either. Source

I guess a farewell present from bush for Israel with love. At least there's one country in the world that appreciates Bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join