It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the most loving thing in the UNIVERSE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This thread is to counter act that dumb ass thread saying Gods a killer.

share your experiences with me on here how Gods love changed you.

I for one never used to be Christian, and grew up hating my enemies. I used to step on bugs for fun. I used to throw batteries at my mother when I got mad. I never wanted to share food when I had extra.

God has wiped all those things out of my soul and taught me real love. Him alone, and I never had that love before he tuaght me it. a complete turn around in my soul. It's because love comes from his graces.

please share with me your experiences because we need to counteract these other threads.

did any of you grow up heartless like me? Or is it just me? Did you guys all grow up Christian from day one?

I want to know

peace.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yes God loved people soooooo much that he drowned the Egyptians, smited the inhabitants of Soddam and Gomorrah, turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt. Drowned the earth in a deluge that lasted 40 days and 40 nights, Evicted two people out of a garden into the wilderness, and last but not least sent his son to die on a cross as a human sacrifice.

Yep truly loving being.

As for my own personal experiences with the guy upstairs, dude is not a nice guy at all. First he sends me to this pittifull speck of dirt in the corner of a backwater galaxy. Then this life that he has "Blessed" me with Id return today if I could find the receipt.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes God loved people soooooo much that he drowned the Egyptians, smited the inhabitants of Soddam and Gomorrah, turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt. Drowned the earth in a deluge that lasted 40 days and 40 nights, Evicted two people out of a garden into the wilderness, and last but not least sent his son to die on a cross as a human sacrifice.

good Lord. This message board gives me headaches. people don't have understanding today. Truly I don't see hardly any saintly people in here with real understanding.

1. Soddam and Gomorrah were against God and were full of lust. again you don't read hearts like God does. They were living in lust and were truly spiritless.

2. Lots wife was made an example out of because of her disobedience. God doesn't want people to see his wrath in certain instances. Does it say that she was hurt? No. harmed? no. You don't know what happened to her. maybe she was taken to heaven or limbo imeddiately after that.

again, you guys don't want God to be real so instead of trying to understand him, you look for ways to deny him to further your rebeliion.

why?

Because if I was sincere athiest I know I would truly ask why God did those things, not in a cocky condemning tone but in a sincere voice. This proves peoples agenda and the reader knows this.

3. The flood was because God gave people free will. And free will caused many evil people with no love and graces.

So let's say you're the ruler of the Earth and you see a gang of evil people run the Earth. So do you stop it or do you let it go on forever? And God couldn't let it get any worse because the world was very evil back then.

4. The reason God sent his son to die on the cross. This is the mystery of suffering brother. (pain) cancels out sin and grants graces. When I suffered it was bad, but when the suffering ended my soul was gratefull. it humbles you out.

If my brother stole something and I didn't want him to suffer the brute of punishemnt because of a certain reason, then I take his suffering for him and cancel it out for him. Jesus suffers for our sins and takes our faults on his shoulders.

So that pain he suffers that we would suffer when we get beat as a kid or something, he takes our pains on his shoulders. And therefore it produces graces.

IE, what i just said about what suffering does for the soul. It humbles you out, produces love and appretaition and graces.

so again, your mind hasn't fully reached understanding yet whatyoknow.

The dude upstairs loves you more then you can imagine. If you have a loving mother, think about the one who placed that love in her soul. God.

he put you on this spec of dirt, btw which is infested with a beautfiul creation and wonderful foods all of which were good until mandkind ruined them with sins.

he put you here to know him.

(dude)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So then are we to assume you've established an open dialogue with every "thing" else in the universe? Not that I'm conceding that God isn't man made, I believe it most certainly is. However, even if you were to receive the benefit of the doubt in that instance, your overall argument is quite arrogant and exceptionally presumptive.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yes God loved people soooooo much that he drowned the Egyptians, smited the inhabitants of Soddam and Gomorrah, turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt. Drowned the earth in a deluge that lasted 40 days and 40 nights, Evicted two people out of a garden into the wilderness,

in everyone of the above examples you give, god gave prior warning along with instructions for salvation. the people he "smited" choose to ignore it.

in the case of sodom and gomorrah, they even tried to rape the angels visiting lot. think about that a moment.

and last but not least sent his son to die on a cross as a human sacrifice.

yea, to undo our stupidity

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yea im really into the whole obey me or burn in hell forever kind of love.Sure sounds like the most loving being in the multiverse to me.
If god were a parent in my country(NZ) and we were his children cyfs would have taken us kids off of him for serious abuse and he'd have his ass thrown in jail.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

in the case of sodom and gomorrah, they even tried to rape the angels visiting lot. think about that a moment.

Yea not that the angels weren't mating with human females or anything oh no must have been rape.

Gen: Chapter 6 verse 1 - 4

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Sounds to me like the angels were having a good time down there too.

Rape an angel LMAO that's a good one. Your implying that the men that asked lot about the angels that came to him were just out to rape anything they could get their hands on.

reply to post by JesusisTruth

(facepalm)

Ok, let's look at your loving God shall we?

2. Lots wife was made an example out of because of her disobedience.

Nice guy, really, I bet Lot didn't mind that one at all. (lot reaches his hand back for his lady, nope nothing there, walks backwards "Son of a *snip*, sorry girls, mommy decided to have a look so God made an example of her, now be good girls and go be prostitutes like daddy wants you to be.)

again, you guys don't want God to be real so instead of trying to understand him

Where did I EVER say God wasn't real?

3. The flood was because God gave people free will

Then subsequently killed them for exercising that free will.
again, nice guy really, I must simply not understand this deity. It must be so nice to be destroyed because of a gift that was given to me. Please take me off your Christmas list, really, I don't think I would like a present from you.

4. The reason God sent his son to die on the cross. This is the mystery of suffering brother. (pain) cancels out sin and grants graces. When I suffered it was bad, but when the suffering ended my soul was gratefull. it humbles you out.

If my brother stole something and I didn't want him to suffer the brute of punishemnt because of a certain reason, then I take his suffering for him and cancel it out for him. Jesus suffers for our sins and takes our faults on his shoulders.

So that pain he suffers that we would suffer when we get beat as a kid or something, he takes our pains on his shoulders. And therefore it produces graces.

IE, what i just said about what suffering does for the soul. It humbles you out, produces love and appretaition and graces.

Seriously man, um, wow, uh, um, wow, how to put this to you, being beaten as a child isn't love, this is abuse. I had two loving christian parents that never beat me when I was a child. They taught me to think for myself, to reason and to never blindly follow. Faith is a good thing, but blind faith is just idiotic.

I think I just got a peak into a real dark place in your life that you are using religion to try and fill. What you need is counseling. What I just read is a scary testimony of an abused childhood.

Remember man, just because I don't follow a deity that is presented as an abusive parent with a worship me or die complex doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

I think your confusing Atheists with Agnostics. There is a difference.

I refuse to follow an obviously homicidal deity that would kill his own children for misbehaving. Instead I like to think of God as that being that shouts from somewhere that it loves us, but we can't for some reason hear it.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Yea im really into the whole obey me or burn in hell forever kind of love.Sure sounds like the most loving being in the multiverse to me.
If god were a parent in my country(NZ) and we were his children cyfs would have taken us kids off of him for serious abuse and he'd have his ass thrown in jail.

for the upteenth time, hellfire is not biblical.

a second question would be, if you were a parent and one of you children started to kill other children, what would you do?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yea not that the angels weren't mating with human females or anything oh no must have been rape.

those angels were not allowed to return to their posts. they were set aside. later they are referred to as demons.

Rape an angel LMAO that's a good one. Your implying that the men that asked lot about the angels that came to him were just out to rape anything they could get their hands on.

yup, that pretty much sums it up

first off, you ignore chapter 18. God promises that if he finds just 10 good (innocent) people then he wouldnt destroy the cities. just 10. however, you dont want to take his word for it, you prefer to think they are innocent. fair enough

angels go to lot in chapter 19

[4] But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
[5] And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
[6] And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
[7] And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

young an old from all over hear about the guest, they want to get to know them (which is actually an idiom for sleeping with them) see also judges 19:22

lot picked up on the innuendo, a begged them not to do this.

[8] Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
[9] And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

so lot panics, offers his 2 virgin daughters (which is stupid of him) who have not "known man". but the crowd of men refuse. they want to men with lot!

[10] But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
[11] And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

so the angels pull him in and strike the men with blindness. even being struck blind, they are still trying to get in!

oh yes, god is a cold hearted killer, these men were obviously innocent!

but seriously, this is probably the worst example you could have noted.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Finding 10 innocent people anywhere in any city would be a daunting task. But let's just ponder on something. Apparently it's ok according to God to pimp out your daughters like street whores.

Here are Angels that can adequately protect themselves from a gang of raging homosexual rapists
, but Lot decides to bargain with the gang, and pimp out his daughters to them. (gotta wonder what his daughters thought of that idea)

let's not forget that Lot's choice to live there as well, it was also Lot's choice to leave there to Zoar, (The region of the 5 doomed cities) Doesn't it seem odd that a richeous man would choose to live in such decadence?

It's also odd that god would turn Lot's wife into a pillar of salt because her curiosity got the best of her and she took a peak. I mean is it that big of a sin to take a look that it called for her destruction?

Now let's take a look also at the tower of Babel, here's an instance where God starts screwing with our brains because of a construction project. Obviously there would be no way we could build a tower to God. But instead of just letting us attempt this foolish endeavor which wouldn't have worked anyway, for some reason God decides to confuse the languages and scatter the men.

Really people, the God of the bible isn't a nice guy, he doesn't love you, he, to put it mildly is an abusive parent. You can't give a creature free will and punish that creature for using that free will.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Really people, the God of the bible isn't a nice guy, he doesn't love you, he, to put it mildly is an abusive parent. You can't give a creature free will and punish that creature for using that free will.

here I create a thread to talk about experiences you have had with God's love and it's highjacked by this cocky ass whatuknow. I can sense your cockiness in your post. You're looking for an argument and when someone tries to explain you do what you do best. Don't listen and be cocky.

Obviously your moms and dad should of wooped your ass.

Now not every parent can give (timeout). Oh it's ok Timmy, go to time out, the kid goes, laughs behind your back and waits to do it again because their parents are pushovers.

Hell no. My dad spanked us and it payed massive dividens for my soul. That's not abuse. Some kids are ruthless and need a spanking. It developes a holy fear.

and Miriam, don't get into it with this guy, you're in for alot of LMAO (LOL), huh hum, what, yo...... this soul is not mature enough to handle being old and it's circular argument all day long, just watch what i mean.

The reason God gives free will and then punishes. It's more the fact that they punish themselves for not wanting to believe in God.

God gives people free will. Now people can choose to be evil with free will. So what would you do whatuknow? Give evil people timeout in heaven? How would you handle evil? Just because God gave free will doesn't mean he said he would (allow) it to destroy his planet.

If I made something and gave it free range to do what it wants, yet that same thing is ruining my planet, I remove it and give it it's desires but in hell where there is seperation from me.

Hell is nothing more then what rebellious people want, and that's seperation.

That's the price with free will. free will is just, yet some people chose evil. Do you let evil in heaven? ofcourse not because they CHOOSE to be like this and you cannot allow them to spend eternity with you when they don't want to.

so your logic is not only childish and immature but cocky too. A little spec like you intoxicated with pride blames God when you don't know his heart and he's the one that gave you your love.

You make me sick.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think I just got a peak into a real dark place in your life that you are using religion to try and fill. What you need is counseling. What I just read is a scary testimony of an abused childhood.

No i think your are judging me. I was saying as an (example) not personal experience. And I don't use religion, I believe in christ, it's called real faith, and many saints seen miracles and Christ himself worked them. God will show you at your deathbed why I believe.

the sad thing about you people is you think we use religion somehow. Can't you get it through your thick skulls that some people actually have faith and seen miracles? Iv'e seen God do too many thing not only in my soul from communion but in my life.

he literally watches ever second, and when you see my life in reveiw you will understand this.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Now to get back to the OP which was highjacked yet again.:w: change that logo to koolaid.

anyways those things I felt God do in my soul and he literally changed my heart. Now as for communion, that's a whole nother level I can't explain. what communion does for your heart is unexplainable in these forums.

For instance. Without communion I find how hard it is to cry now. I rarely cry anymore. When I used to attend the sacraments, I found that I would cry all throughout mass which is 1hour long non stop.

He enters you with more and more love and graces and he implants them, or infuses them into our souls.

anyways who is sincere and read my OP can realize, instead of skipping over it.

they can realize how they have changed if they grew up like me, from within. He has given me such a heart that I am completely different. yet not I but literally him in me.

this is what humility does, but without humility, well arrogance suceeds.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ok want my experiences with god JesusIsTruth? You really want something to chew on?

Before I was born, I talked with God, he sent me to this stinking cesspool, why? Cause the last time I was here aparently I didn't learn the lessons I was supposed to.

Now do you know what my great gift from the man upstairs is? Do you know what my purpose in this life is? It's to be stuck helping others succeed. God puts me in situations with people at the most bleak periods of thier life, and it's my job to bring them out of dispair and put them on the track to be what he intended for them to be.

I talk with God often JesusIsTruth, every day to be precise. Perhaps if you stoped and listened for him instead of assuming you know what he wants you would hear what he really wants.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh so you're a moivation speaker? That's real good, you can do alot of good with that. Now as for cesspool. Man please. This Earth is beautiful. nature is beautiful and only man can ruin it with sins.

this is paradise to me, without the people who ruin it ofcourse. which is why........

"Perhaps if you stoped and listened for him instead of assuming you know what he wants you would hear what he really wants."

I'm not assuming. This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. I'm talking about experiences in your soul. The only way I can know what God wants is by what he said in the New Tastement.

other then that, I'm clueless. I don't know jack ....

I'm glad to hear you talk to God everyday. Anyway kind words for me of inspiration?

peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Im not a motivational speaker, I get involved with peoples lives. it's a case by case thing where god puts me into someone's life where I am needed the most. I work on that individual's life untill I am no longer needed.

I'm glad to hear you talk to God everyday. Anyway kind words for me of inspiration?

Stop listining to the words of dead men and listen to God.

Edn

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ive seen quite a few of your posts JesusTruth and it seams that your belief in god has pulled you out of quite a bad time of your life, which is great.

I apologies for going off topic but my experience has been that if god exists then god is a being that I can never forgive and a being I want nothing to do with.

No action is action, that's something to remember. A common thing some people say is god does not intervene because of free will, but for example what loving being who apparently created us would allow an unborn baby to contract numerous problems and then die from them shortly after birth?

You would have to be sick of mind to sit by and allow such things to happen in this world knowing you had the power to fix it.

What god would sit by and allow so much suffering and pain knowing they had the power to fix it.

I would give my life in an instant if it meant the person I loved the most was happy again. If god loves us why would it not give up its existence in exchange for its 'children' to live happy and fulfilling lives.

Its great that your faith in god has brought you new found happiness and changed your direction in life to do good, but I fear you have no idea just what pain some people have gone through and go through every day because of the lack of action of god (if it exists)

I never really have believed in a god or gods, and the lack of action such beings take only reinforces that, even if I end up being wrong how could I accept such a being, I could never forgive it for its lack of action, for its standing by and letting so much suffering happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

for the upteenth time, hellfire is not biblical.

a second question would be, if you were a parent and one of you children started to kill other children, what would you do?

I know hellfire isnt biblical and you may know that hellfire isnt biblical, but unfortunately most other followers of the bible dont seem to know that.They seem to quite enjoy telling others they are going to burn in hell.Have you watched the t.v evangelist people they should know better.
If god were a better "father" we wouldnt be killing each other, especially in his name.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Apparently it's ok according to God to pimp out your daughters like street whores.

lot was an imperfect person making inperfect decisions. there is nothing in the passage that suggests that god approved of lot offering his daughters.

Here are Angels that can adequately protect themselves from a gang of raging homosexual rapists
, but Lot decides to bargain with the gang, and pimp out his daughters to them. (gotta wonder what his daughters thought of that idea)

there is nothing in the passage to indicate that lot knew at that point that they were angels. in fact there is a reference later in the greek scriptures about "entertaining angels although not knowing it."

lot was defending them the only way he knew how, which wasnt necessarily god's way of doing it, but then lot had limited knowledge of the situation.

to blame god for the actions of lot doesnt further your argument. in fact, it even shows god's love more. lot respectfully asked to go to Zoar. God was loving enough to show consideration for lots concern, even though lot discovered god was right in the end. (eventually he went to the mountains)

It's also odd that god would turn Lot's wife into a pillar of salt because her curiosity got the best of her and she took a peak. I mean is it that big of a sin to take a look that it called for her destruction?

lot's wife look back longingly for the things she left behind. it wasnt just a peak. besides the fact that she was specifically told not to. it is a common theme from the bible. God is willing to save, but you have to trust in him and listen to him.

if noah didnt build the ark, would god have saved him?

Now let's take a look also at the tower of Babel, here's an instance where God starts screwing with our brains because of a construction project. Obviously there would be no way we could build a tower to God. But instead of just letting us attempt this foolish endeavor which wouldn't have worked anyway, for some reason God decides to confuse the languages and scatter the men.

god commanded man to fill the earth and subdue it. nimrod and his people decided very specifically to reject that commandment.

gen 11:[4] And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

let us make us a name, lest we be scattered...

god's will can never be rejected, no matter how much a person tries. god confused the language, and the people scattered according to god's will.

this is an example of how unloving god is?

he doesnt punish you for using free will. free will doesnt equal sin. i serve god out of my own free will. i want to serve him. god doesnt punish me for that.

however, choices lead to consequences. god abhors it when people use free will to hurt others. so before you say god is evil because he kills people, ask yourself, did the people dying really deserve life?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If god were a better "father" we wouldnt be killing each other, especially in his name.

or...

if WE were better sons and daughters, we wouldnt be killing each other, especially in his name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join