It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, we can

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They do realize we are a melting pot, I am Austrian and native American, my people came from Tennessee,
www.melungeons.com...
Thought you might find this interesting.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
if you are austrian and native american.. how did your people ceme from tennessee? wouldnt that mean they came from austria?

I know that people in the country and small towns are not rednecks. My entire family is from the deep south. I myself have lived in tiny towns in the country.

But many of them are close minded. That is a fact. They only believe what they want to believe and arent open to other ideals.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

we have two parents ya know, lol

My dad was Austrian MY mom from Tennessee, anyway we are way off topic.

[edit on 023030p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I see I see. Well anyways, I was stating simply that for once the world is proud of america. not just settling with our choices, not just moving along, but actually proud.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yep, Obama's election brings that warm, glowing, tingling feeling.

The same feeling when someone is pissing down your back. And telling you it's raining.

There's going to be a whole lot of disappointed folks over the next few years. Reality will begin to set in, and the nebulous "change" Obama promises will become increasingly vaporous.

He'll not get a second term.

Just like in ever pendulum, it swings to the left on occasion. Now, with the Democrats in charge of everything - gee - no more excuses!

They have a lot of promises to fulfill. And with Obama's speech last night, he was already preparing everyone for the upcoming letdowns.

Go Obama! I won't say where.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

Wait what?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
I see I see. Well anyways, I was stating simply that for once the world is proud of america. not just settling with our choices, not just moving along, but actually proud.

If you say so

I thought I would let you check this out,
ASTONISHING HISTORY OF DEMOCRAT RACISM
www.nodnc.com...

I should I also point out that The Klu Klux Klan was created by the democrats for the express reason of terrorizing blacks and republicans in the south to prevent them from voting, and that every known Klansman that were members of congress have been democrats.

[edit on 023030p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Typical Republican response.

You're assuming Obama won't live up to his promises.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
ummm the democrats didnt invent the ku klux klan. where on earth are you getting that information from?

Thats like you saying all democrats are the same and all republicans are the same. Thats like saying because a serial killer happened to be a democrat, all democrats are serial killers.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The original Ku Klux Klan created in the aftermath of the American Civil War by six educated, middle-class Confederate veterans on December 24, 1865.[7] from Pulaski, Tennessee

wikepedia.

There ya go.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
please dont equate JFK with anything that has to do with that persian.

I've heard Obama called all sorts of things,
but never heard him called Persian before.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Yes, even though his ancestry can be traced for many generations in Africa, some people like to call him Arab.

Ignorance is funny, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If Obama says like JFK and Lincoln

Yes We Can Print Our Own Money

I will agree!

Ascension from real Civilian and Cross Race Slavery will truly end.

But unfortunately I dare say he does not believe in true ascension to freedom enough to risk being shot!

Wake Up

Elf.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Allow me to clarify, just for clarities sake as the message that I was attempting to transmit has been slightly mis-interpreted.

Last night, Obama did one good thing for the nation; he made people believe. He gave people excitement and hope, all around the freaking world and a very real energy rides the wave of that celebration.

Now forget whether or not Obama is going to do what his followers believe he will. Forget for a moment whether or not you believe he's a puppet of the NWO or whatever else. Instead, focus on the energy of belief that united so many people, hold onto it and apply it to the rest of your lives.

Yes, we can.

And that has nothing to do with HIS promises of fixing an economy(that needs to crash), healthcare reform(that the government should have no say in) or whatever else the democratic talking points are. There’s a much more important message there: Yes we can. Fix it. change. Make it right. Us. Not Obama. Last night everyone believed that. Don’t stop believing it but, at the same time don't put all your faith in him. Save some for yourself. Take your power back, for it is yours. He lit the fire, now its up to us to take that one small gift he's given us (and it may very well be the only one) and use it where we need too.

Open our eyes and hearts a little wider. And believe, utterly as you did last night across the board, in every aspect of your being; Yes, we can. Are one. United. Can do it. Will not let the NWO win. That the madness and lies will stop. The time is now.

That is the power of those three words. Not one man's promise. Don't rely on him, open up to the power within you.

Yes, we can. And we will.

Namaste, Espavo.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Unfortunately, I'm not assuming. He absolutely, positively cannot live up to those promises, and if you heard his speech today, you would have heard him already feathering the crash.

"Maybe not this year, or next or even this first term . . . ?" Something like that.

This will be the most miserable two years for all Americans. But for those who really, really bought into his BS, they will be disappointed the most.

Me? I do my best, expect the worst, and I'm never disappointed or surprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join