It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN to carry FOX's torch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, for the last 8 years it has been FOX News carrying the torch for the President, keeping people scared and uninformed about the world around them. It seems to me, with all the new technology displayed at CNN this election year, that CNN will be replacing FOX as the bearer of the propaganda torch.

CNN showed a rather unique willingness to blend the fake with the real. They showed a willingness to not just present the news, but make it entertaining with all kinds of little do-dads and shiny things that really only exist to keep us mesmerized at how "neat" and "pretty" it all is.

The "news" just needs to be reported. It's not entertainment, it's information. It really bothers me that networks are more interested in keeping our attention, not by quality, balance and objectively reporting the news, but instead with pretty little graphics we can "oh" and "awe" at.

So. CNN may not present news in the way FOX did, or with the same goal as FOX, but I would put my money that CNN becomes the next great propaganda force.

How long will it be before they add a completely fictitious news broadcaster?

Related

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
CNN is fairly unbiased.

They just report the news.

I use CNN. They don't really take sides.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

There real bias in the media is always against limited government. As long as you are in favor of more government controls or more corporate control, the media will be all over it. If you are against more government/corporate control, and wish for the government to stay out of peoples lives - then you will see and feel the bias.

You can be a democrat, and you can be a republican and it's perfectly fine. If you do not fit in those 2 boxes, then problems/bias arises.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Trust me, MSNBC will be the Democrat's mouthpiece. I'm pretty sure Keith Olbermann would propose to Obama if gay marriage was legal in the entire country.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
How long will it be before they add a completely fictitious news broadcaster?
Been done...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
Trust me, MSNBC will be the Democrat's mouthpiece. I'm pretty sure Keith Olbermann would propose to Obama if gay marriage was legal in the entire country.

well to be fair it was chris matthews who made the comment about getting a thrill up his leg when he hears obama speak. even that freaked out olberman for a second.

i have never heard someone in the media make such an ignorant statement outside of dan rather.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ThePrankMonkey]

new topics

top topics

join