It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look on life from an outside the box thinker's standpoint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yes this is about life and the meaning of our existence. I am an outside the box thinker and here is what I've seen. I am 15 and I don't succumb to the ordinary teen thinking the way most do. I put on a mask at school since that is a must to get friends and not be the "creep in the corner" (I'm sure you older folks remember this) but when I'm not occupied with school I am occupied with thinking. Thinking not about my daily life but about everything, no specifics, just everything.

Life is nothing more than a bi-product of nature. It isn't special and never will be. It is also an art of nature. It is a beautiful art that I see just as amazing as the average person sees the Grand Canyon or Mona Lisa amazing. I find natural formations and paintings nothing compared to what nature has created beyond our understanding of art. Life is an occurrence in nature that requires perfect conditions and events to be created and survive. The shape and form of this life is up to the way those first cells formed atomically. Then it evolves from there depending on weather and geological conditions.

If you look at the entire picture and not just the big picture and then look at life, you find that life is truly meaningless and that it serves no purpose to nature. We just exist and that is it. It doesn't matter how we exist or if we exist at all. This view can get people down but I figure why not live life? I have a conscience why not use it? Why not see what's too be seen till my body dies and my conscience fades back into the darkness? That is what I see living as-Why Not?

I'd be interested to see what you think.

Edit: I don't see myself as superior and yes I am proud of the fact that I am able to think outside the box since many people I have noticed can't. This is not an attack on religion just a thought.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Good to hear you taking that road. However you have to take into account the Human condition, especially when you realize your own brilliance, it gives way to pride. No one other person have more or less the capacity to realize the truth than yourself (other than the disabled). So don't exclude yourself from the whole.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

15, huh? Keep writing, and keep thinking. You are good. Can I hire you to write for me?? Lol!

I think I kind of share your belief... Though be careful, there are some religious types here that might be offended by what you are theorizing.

Life really isn't anything special. Sure it's a miracle that it happened, but it's all over the place, huge abundance of it. People especially have become overpopulated to the point, that many are living in horrible conditions.

EDIT: typo... damn, got late fast

[edit on 5-11-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Regarding your view point on life and afterlife as your signature suggests, Here's how I see it, from out of the box - so to speak.

Ungrateful souls taking deep breaths
In wilting candles' last flicker.
Claiming the flame and igniting chill.
Keep out is the door sign of after life
And melted wax is the word to pass.
Is the flame bright? Is it glowing with seconds 'till
Its' final glint of color?
When you blink, it is gone for eternity. -
No Answer....
Just BLACK.

top topics

join