It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama's Outfit Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Was anyone else struck by how strange she looked? I'm hesitating to even say this, but her dress reminded me of a spider, with the red hour glass on the tummy.

I can't get over how weird that looked. My jaw dropped when she came out, so powerful was this image to me. It reminded me of foreshadowing as done in the movies.

Disclaimer: I absolutely do not wish anything horrible on anyone, let alone our new president elect. I did not vote for Obama, I wrote in Kucinich, but I am glad Obama won instead of Mccain.

I've been trying to find a picture of Michelle Obama in this dress and have been unable to. It was black and had some sort of wrap around which made the middle red part look like an hour glass.

If this sounds insane, then carry on... but I just had to say something and see if I am the only one who noticed it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I also think that Michelle Obama's dress looked odd.

It made her look very pregnant because the red accentuated her stomach region.

just my way of seeing it
res

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Her dress was immensely unflattering. Made her look very wide and shapeless.

Her hair looked good though.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AmethystWolf

You can see the dress here. It looks like they were all trying to match. The dress is not attractive in my opinion, but that's the least of my worries.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It was quite odd. I told my hubby I was sure there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on there. He thought she, and the girls, looked like they hadn't undressed from their Halloween outfits.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Uhhh... yeah... history has just been made and you people want to talk about someone's dress.

Maybe you should send some e-mail to Perez Hilton or something... moving this to BTS.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Uhhh... yeah... history has just been made and you people want to talk about someone's dress.

Why not? Everything else has been talked about. Was the "Obama is the Antichrist" thread moved to BTS?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm not talking about the fashion of the dress. I'm talking about the ominous foreshadowing that made me think about.

I'm not so shallow as to think fashion is important on a night like this. I'm talking about the fact that our new first lady came out in a dress that looks like a black widow spider.

I resent the implication that I was attempting to discuss fashion. I simply wanted to know if anyone else was affected by it as I was. I thought that was allowed here...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Fashionistas rejoice. Here, FWIW, is a picture, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood mod.

Remember, accessories are everything. (teasing)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Fashionistas rejoice. Here, FWIW, is a picture, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood mod.

Thank you, Badge. I'm glad to see a Mod not over-reacting.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Waah! I didn't view the speech tonight. But after seeing that dress, it does remind me of the a black window spider... I don't know what this dress symbolizes but it does look scary and foreboding...

Black widow spider: The female, on occasion, eats the male after mating.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thank you.
Me and jack-in-the bottle appreciate this. LOL
Very odd choice, red and black.
Just for kicks I googled red and black flags.

wikipedia lists the simple red and black diagonal patterned flag as a symbol for...
ready for this?

Anarchist communism

Anarchist communism advocates the abolition of the state, private property and capitalism in favor of common ownership of the means of production

forgot the link
en.wikipedia.org...

paranoid yet?

[edit on 5-11-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2009 dress...Redone. The original on the cat walk was sleeveless.

Didn't care for it and especially the symbolism of the colors.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Thanks for posting the picture, I had trouble finding it last night when I posted this initially. I'm still unclear why this thread had to be moved and I'd really like to see that decision revisited. Is there a process for review at ATS?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Thanks Badge01 for posting the picture, I couldn't find it last night when I posted this initially. I still don't understand why this thread had to be moved and I think that decision should be revisted. I'm very interested in the observations I may get from others in the political forum about this. Is there a process for review at ATS?

I guess the thread would have made more sense last night if I'd been able to show the pic along with my observation. Next time I'll wait til I have more info.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I was wondering if you have the Perez Hilton web address? This is just so important - I'm sorry - had to throw on your post - I am amazed at what people are discussing right now on the news. Clearly an event of historic proportions occured last night and is occurring now - I suppose that there is something in me too that made me watch how they set the shots, what colors, lights and music they used - and how many children they could cram into the shot - but that is just me - I was truly moved by what has transpired. God Bless America!

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
While I did not vote for Obama, his speech certainly was uplifting for everyone in the country. It did make me proud to be an American. The dress Michelle wore however.... I imediately related it with a black widow. I wonder if it was on purpose, thoughtless, or she just never looked in the mirror!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AmethystWolf

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT THIS!!! I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT ALONE!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join