It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Obama is assassinated before inauguration?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Article XX Section 3: "If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died the Vice-President elect shall become President...

Biden becomes President.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BSndsMPBlk47
Article XX Section 3: "If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died the Vice-President elect shall become President...

Biden becomes President.

That's only after he becomes President (noon, Jan. 20th). It depends on the Senate confirmation of the Electoral College vote today actually (January 8th). If they confirm Joe Biden has won the Vice-Presidency, and then if Obama gets assassinated, Biden will become the acting president on Jan. 20th. If, for some reason, they don't confirm that Biden has won the electoral college vote, then, actually I'm not sure if Bush would continue or what would happen...

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by BSndsMPBlk47

Biden becomes President.

That's only after he becomes President (noon, Jan. 20th). It depends on the Senate confirmation of the Electoral College vote today actually (January 8th). If they confirm Joe Biden has won the Vice-Presidency, and then if Obama gets assassinated, Biden will become the acting president on Jan. 20th. If, for some reason, they don't confirm that Biden has won the electoral college vote, then, actually I'm not sure if Bush would continue or what would happen...

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

It says President-elect, not President. Obama has been President-elect since at least December 15th (when the electors met and cast their votes) if not before then. I don't see where Senate confirmation should matter. Also, I don't see a basis for not accepting the results. Obama won, qualified or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It would be Biden. The who would be the vice president then. Is it order. Would it be Hillary, or does he get to pick his VP.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm not worried about some mentally unstable former CIA operative plugging Obama while Secret Service agents withdraw from him during te inauguration, but I'm terrified that Rahm Emmanuel might go into shock and deprive the Central Bankers and Mossad of their chief inside manipulator of national policy. I hope Obama survives, lights up a cigar after the swearing in, grabs the microphone and stugffs it up his arse and gives the world a Bronx Cheer which goes down in history.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Are we saying that someone may try to vote with a bullet on inaguration day?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Are we saying that someone may try to vote with a bullet on inaguration day?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Biden? Gosh. He hasn't said two words since the election, has he?
I wonder if his views differ much from Obama's.
I wonder if his views would differ much from Obama's if Obama wasn't around.

That would be royally horrible, if he was assassinated. I would cry for weeks =(

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
am black and would not wish for this to happen.just imagine the retaliation the blacks would give.unnecessary riots and blood flow beyond measure.america would turn to africa in a heartbeat.whites versus every other race.just pray for this not to happen

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join