It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concession from McCain, Acceptance from Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Starting up a thread on the heals of the concession speech of John McCain, hearing the congratulations of Bush, and gearing up for the acceptance speech by President-elect Obama.

McCain gave a wonderful acceptance speech. His humble offering of service and appreciation of his last 50 years of service was a very good end to his part in this turbulant campaign road.

Over 160,000 people are in attendance in Grand Park, Ill. waiting for their hero, Barack Obama, to come out and speak. This speech, this one speech, is going to be the most important speech ever given by any man ever in the history of this nation. It will be the first presidential acceptance speech given by a Black American, a hallmark in our history that so many knew would come to pass one day, but did not expect it this soon.

Keep it polite. He was elected. Let this be an honorable discussion and keep out the mudslinging and hate speeches.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If only McCain's supporters could give the same concession and acceptance. Sadly, that isn't the case. The hatred seems to be at a new high tonight. We won't unite as a nation, we will be more divided than ever.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Please add to the existing thread on the election here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

McCain was very gracious in defeat and I hope Obama is as gracious in victory.

One other thing. Why is everyone so excited about Obama being the first black president? I could care less, all I care about is that he has a tough job ahead of him and he better be up to it.

top topics

join