It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Barack Obama wins presidential election

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Well, there you have it. Obama is elected the next President of the United States Although this was a given, now that it has actually happened, I'm not sure what to think.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is a historic moment for our nation.

May he govern well.

I hope for the best.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My guy lost but damn if this isn't moving. To go from a black man being property, a slave, to President. This is a Man on the Moon moment. Where were you when Obama was elected President. The first Black President of the United States of America. Watching the celebrations across the country, the historical moment. We are stained with slavery, racism, Jim Crow Laws, the KKK, and have thrown all that away to this moment.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is historic no matter how you cut it. Barack Obama... Hillary Clinton and yes Sarah Palin have made history this year and America will never be the same.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was just about to make a thread. Dang.

Anyway. I guess I am glad since I think McCain was worse. All the stations did not even cover the percentages of 3rd party polls.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Congratulations to the Democrats! It must be nice after 8 years to actually root for your country once again!

To Republicans...now that Jimmy Carter has won his second term...who is going to be our next Ronald Reagan?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Not happy about it, but it's finally over. I guess all thats left is to watch and see how he does. I could care less about how he is the first black president. He has a job to do and I pray he can do it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Congratulations to the Democrats! It must be nice after 8 years to actually root for your country once again!

To Republicans...now that Jimmy Carter has won his second term...who is going to be our next Ronald Reagan?

Jindal?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Congratulations to all Obama supporters.

All I ask is that you are quick to judge him in the same manner that you judged Bush.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Give it an hour or two.

Better yet, wait until January 20th, 2009.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think now would be a good time to relocate.

UK or perhaps Australia.

Dem President, Dem Senate and Dem House, we are in soooo much trouble now.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Congratulations to President-Elect Barack Obama, Democrats and everyone who participated in this historic election.

Here's to hoping Barack Obama will be a good President to ALL Americans.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now RR Jimmy didn't get his second term, Obama is going to be worse then him.

But your right the repubs need to find their next reagan

edit to add: At least the dems didn't get the super majority in the house and senate so their is some hope

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I didn't vote for him, but you can bet I will be going after all of his special-interest serving nonsense just like I did the Decider.

It didn't matter WHICH of these ruling class puppets won---Either way, we lost. Same special interests won't skip a beat...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I could pee my pants im so excited. Hooray. America is proving that were fed up with hillbilly presidents!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yes he will end Iraq War but he will start one in pakistan and iran! Horrible day for America.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is a great day for this country and the world at large.

Maybe now we can move forward as the United States of America.

We have finally demonstrated maturity.

Man it feels good...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Oh my Lord, I see dark days ahead. You people are fools.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Congratulations to the Democrats! It must be nice after 8 years to actually root for your country once again! To Republicans...now that Jimmy Carter has won his second term...who is going to be our next Ronald Reagan?

I couldn't have said it better!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Originally posted by ohioriver
Yes he will end Iraq War but he will start one in pakistan and iran! Horrible day for America.

Yeah well thats probably gonna happen either way you spin it. I didn't vote, so I won't have to put up with anyones bitching for four years!

Congrats Obama!

Im glad, because should anything happen to Obama, Biden is VP. I'm glad because Palin is not.

She is kinda hot though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join