It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Milk and the canadian stance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.enzymeuniversity.com...

Milk processing begins when cows are fed antibiotics to treat illnesses including mastitis (infection of the udder). This practice leads to antibiotic residues in cow's milk, which is compounded by the fact that after milking, the product is shipped to a central collection facility where residues effectively contaminate the entire supply. This is of concern to Health Canada because constant low-level exposure to antibiotics leads to allergies in individuals and the development of antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains.

Synthetic steroids, used to boost milk production in the United States, are not currently authorized for use in Canada. Concerns regarding their safety, including indications that they may increase the incidence of some cancers, have so far prevented licensing here.

The milk from these cows is enriched in progesterone, a hormone that can stimulate the production of androgens in humans (i.e., disrupt human hormone balance). This may contribute to several medical conditions, including acne.

Its disgusting to think of all the crap we are being fed.

Check out the link, it goes into great detail about the processes invovled in the creation and truth of milk.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thank you, but we already know.

Nice link though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

Some people don't know. I'm saddened that this is true.

I once had pretty bad acne, but I stopped drinking milk. I haven't drank a glass of milk for over 4 years. I'm not vegan...I'll still eat products with milk in them, but the change in my diet cleared up the acne completely.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't think this belongs in the NWO forum..perhaps health and wellness.
Great info though!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
come now, surely that is not all you think is bad with milk?? Many studies have been done showing the horrors of pasteurized milk. The largest milk drinking countries are those with the highest levels of osteoporosis. One study showed evidence that the majority of allergies, arthritis, asthma, may be linked to childhood consumption of wheat and dairy products.
EVERYONE is actually lactose intollerant, though only some show symptoms, but no one can digest lactose because we dont have the enzymes lactase which come from the breast, which are destroyed in pasteurization.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
www.consumerhealth.org...

It seems that industry pressured Health Canada and the only people who were allowed to do the review of BGH were the upper level management. The fellow, Monseignon, the chief of the Human Safety Division approved it, going against the advice of his own scientists, even though the scientists said it wasn't safe for humans because the safety tests weren't done to prove it which is a very scary thing - that he could veto his own scientists. That happened around 1990

Health Canada based their approval solely on an abstract of a study published in Science magazine by two American scientists who worked for Monsanto. This was the 90-day study of 30 rats. During the whole time period, from 1994 to 1998, the scientists at Health Canada couldn't even get a look at it because the complete study was kept locked up and kept secret. By law, the scientists in Health Canada are supposed to study the research before the drug is approved.

Finally, at the beginning of 1999, Health Canada decided that it couldn't push BGH through.

It seems there is a bit of a conspiracy going on with the health regulations of our government.

join