It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing Dead Season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is a band from my home state, Maine.
Dead Season
It's pretty heavy music but it's not satanic, violent, etc.

I worked with the guitarist and drummer, and although I won't make a comment about the drummer, (due to possible T&C violation)

I can tell you from getting to know the guitarist that he's a really nice guy, and sharp as a tack too.

These guys don't get a fraction of the attention I personally think they should.
I just wanted to share this with the ATS/BTS community.
It's RARE that you hear heavy music that has a positive message rather than the same 'ol same 'ol sex, drugs, violence etc.

If you're wondering, no they didn't "rip off" Garth Brooks by recutting "The Thunder Rolls" they purchased the rights to the song.

For the record I listen to everything from Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd, to Dr. Dre and Eminem, to Metallica and System of a down, to Alan Jackson and yes, Garth Brooks, and much much more.
I even enjoy classical music such as Mozart and Beethoven from time to time, I'll listen to pretty much anything besides Opera music. (drives me right up a wall)
In other words just about everything I have a pretty eclectic taste for music, and try not to discount a genre of music until I have at least listened to a little of it and made my own opinion about it.

Anyway enough about my taste in music, check these guys out.
They have a few songs on their myspace page that you can stream.
If you're a fan of this genre, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

join