It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Guitar Players in the House?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by louiekid333
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

The Modern Day Martyr that's on purevolume? I searched it on google and that's what came up...

no that is some band who stole our name :bash:

We havn't uploaded any tracks or anything yet on to the web, however we play gigs around our local towns and cities!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
every minute your fingers are on the strings, you're getting better.
keep that in mind

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah I'm feeling more and more confident as I practice, so I don't think it should be a whole lot longer before I can play freely as I like

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

You say tenacious d stuff is easy...did you have a particular song in mind?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by louiekid333

You say tenacious d stuff is easy...did you have a particular song in mind?

tribute' is really easy. that is the first one that pops into my head. pull a video of it off of youtube and try to do it by ear. there are lots of videos of it on the tube

check it out yo

[edit on 15-12-2008 by thing fish]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well louie, how did it go?
did you give it a try?
it's a little Am, G progression. there are tabs out there for it. all you have to do is search.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Great topic !!
I just bought a guitar , a gibson les paul epiphone custom and LOVE IT !!
I also picked up a dvd called House of Blues Presents - Level 1 Blues Guitar .
I must say the dvd is great and very helpful and would recommend it to anyone .

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hey guys. Toraylin here!.Ive been playing guitar for the good side of 14 years now.Though I'm more into making electronica nowadays.I do still make some alternative songs where i sing and play guitar. At any rate theres some of my work here on ats if you wanna check it out.In the thread just look for the songs tagged Alternative to hear them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hey my dad works with a guy that has a bunch of music stuff, including recording gear, guitars, drums, everything...anyway, he gave my dad a guitar and said if you can fix it, you can have it. It's an Ibanez Rg series I believe. My dad and I took the guitar up to my music lesson store, and i think the guy said it was a 370dx(?) might be around a hundred to fix it. He said a post that keeps the bridge in place went crooked, and the wood's broke. They're going to cut a section of the wood out and replace it(this is in the interior, remember the outside will be fine) The guy told us the guitar is around $800 retail and I got one for free!

Its a seven string, and the only problem I have with it is the threads on the whammy bar are terrible so it falls out sometimes and it is a dark pink/magenta color, but oh well looks aren't everything, right?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by louiekid333]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by louiekid333

dude, you can still shred with a pink guitar and busted whammy

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Very True...

This post was brought to you by...MORE THAN ONE LINE!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Does anyone have any opinion on brands for amps/pedals/recording gear...etc?
I want to get a cheap(if possible) distortion pedal for starters and i have a couple amps but what is really good?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i roll with a fender frontman 25r. it's a bad ass little amp. i think you can get em on musicianfriend for like 100 bucks. i got mine locally for a 100.

all i have is a crybaby wah wah.
looking to get an envelope filter though

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have been playing for about 25 or so years. Learning guitar is the single best thing I have ever done to protect my sanity! It's there when you are happy and there when you are sad and will NEVER let you down as long as you treat your talent with respect. I play an old red Charvel neck-through that has had the frets played down to almost nada twice. Keep learning and keep practicing. You are on a lifelong journey!
Peace and light!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So, I got powertab for the computer.
I'm assuming its a little like your "guitarpro." Am I right?
It's looks pretty cool so far from the songs I've gotten for it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join