It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure for Obesity Discovered!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

Presumably by "loose weight" you really mean "lose weight". A loose weight would be a heavy object not attached to anything.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Actually in all honesty, sometimes food has NOTHING to do with it. I am the perfect example. I have eaten an average of about 1 meal a day for the past 3 years and I have gained 80lbs. I eat like a bird and still gain weight. Other factors go into it to though, like the fact that I eat at night, and most the time its whatever i can afford, mostly cheap 98cent ramen noodles. If you eat more of the RIGHT foods, then you will lose weight. If you have a food fetish, eat small portions 6 times a day and in reality you should be anyway. But in todays world eating six meals is tough. Either way there are more factors than just what you eat and how fattening it is. Do your research. Taking away calories is the WORST thing you can be doing unless u are eating way more calories than need be.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have found that the cure has been around since the start of the Human Race. The CURE: is that you get you fat, whinny, lazy excuse for a child, teen, etc off the couch, computer, away from the video game system and get them out of the house until dark or after however harsh you want to be. Then get them to hand over there cell phones and get them to play outside, go biking, swimming, running, sports, stargazing, etc.

All you have to do is keep them active oh, and plus stop buying fast food, don't you know that this is one of the main problems with most of our race, make your kids to start eating vegetables again, and not all the pop, sweets, and candies of the world.

Just so you all know I am not bashing every human of doing this I myself am not excluded from this post that I am typing, but that is the SAD, BUT IT IS THE TRUTH

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

Though in most cases your point is true - 800 calories in and that's it - weight loss, there's a lot more to it than that.

A liver that's *broken* (for the lack of a better term) does not work getting rid of fat... Thus you stay in chub zone no matter how you restrict your diet.

As wonderful as this spill may be - it's horrific to think American's - the beasts of consumers - will now be able to consume even more - shedding any consequences whatsoever.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Would you like to know another cure for obesity? THE GYM!

All these overweight people moan and don't do anything about there situation, sorry but no pain no gain! Drugs like this should not be available to fat lazy people that cannot be bothered to do anything about there problem.

Get down and give me 25!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendu
So, instead of staying away from the pizza, eat it and don't face the consequences(sp). Good ole American way... not responsible for your actions.

I have had problems with controlling my weight since birth. I was placed on my first diet when I was eighteen months old. As much as I love the idea that they may have found a cure for obesity I hate the thought that people believe that the answer to every problem in this world can be found in a pill.

I also think that much obesity is caused not by what people eat but because of all the unnatural junk that companies are allowed to put in the foods we eat. Read the labels. No wonder they say we suffer from chemical imbalances. Over half of what we eat is chemicals. Do we really need all these poisons in our food?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Dropping vast amounts of calories will result in a weight loss,sure.

Unfortunately it will be muscle lost before fat,as you are not going to provide enough nutrients to maintain them.

As a consequence of this,your body will need less calories to sustain itself,slowing your metabolism,causing poor mental processing,lack of motivation,low energy,susceptibility to illness etc.

So you'll be lighter,but just as out of shape and feeling like dog-poo on a stick.

I hope they get this pill sorted out,as said earlier, some people who aren't medically able to exercise(anyone heard of crashes/accidents/limb loss etc.before being overly critical) can at least be helped to maintain a reasonable bodyfat ratio.

I would have appreciated this kind of temporary assistance after breaking a vertebrae for sure.
It would have beaten the self-loathing,depression,and sense of hopelessness just a little.

I DO however hope it is marketed sensibly,and not as a cure-all for people who could take their own steps towards an intelligent choice when it comes to meal times.

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
I also think that much obesity is caused not by what people eat but because of all the unnatural junk that companies are allowed to put in the foods we eat.

Here we have a winner.
You could not be more correct.

With GM foods it's even harder, but..

Buy fresh ingredients and make your own meals,

It is infinitely better than buying ready made meals,which contain pure crap. even the 'healthy options'

Just don't give them your money for poisoning you with stuff to make their product last longer at the back of a supermarket shelf.

Buy stuff that looks like it does when it's alive is a good guide.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Dropping vast amounts of calories will result in a weight loss,sure.

Unfortunately it will be muscle lost before fat,as you are not going to provide enough nutrients to maintain them.

As a consequence of this,your body will need less calories to sustain itself,slowing your metabolism,causing poor mental processing,lack of motivation,low energy,susceptibility to illness etc.

If you maintain a calorie deficit, or protein deficiency, for too long you'll eventually die. So, diets that consist of low calorie intakes are pointless and dangerous.

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
I also think that much obesity is caused not by what people eat but because of all the unnatural junk that companies are allowed to put in the foods we eat. Read the labels. No wonder they say we suffer from chemical imbalances. Over half of what we eat is chemicals. Do we really need all these poisons in our food?

It's not really a chemical imbalance as it is a hormonal imbalance caused by the foods we eat, not the chemicals in them. Biochemists and Nutrient Biologists, actual nutritionists, are certain that balancing those metabolic hormones that are stimulated or inhibited by certain macronutrients is key to body fat reduction and overall good health.

Usually, a deficit or surplus that is only around 300-400 calories will do nothing. The body has an amazing ability to compensate for such imperfections. A calorie is not a calorie.

Good points Agent T, as always.

Originally posted by scientist
The responses thus far are so sadly predictable. We get it, you are all clever for saying the cure for obesity is exercise. Well done, all of you.

Of course, none of that addresses the cause of thyroid malfunction or genetic disposition to obesity, or a plethora of other causes (yes, including mental and psychological)

Thyroid malfunction does not cause weight gain. Cause and effect can be easily misinterpreted.

There is a certain little hormone that controls the thyroid. It's called Leptin. Leptin, produced in fat cells, in excess causes hypothyroidism which, in turn, slows down metabolism. Slow metabolism = fat retention and gain. So, the truth is, thyroid malfunction is caused by weight gain, not the converse.

It's really simple guys. Lower insulin and leptin levels by restricting carbohydrates.

-Dev

[edit on 18-1-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's called eating right and increasing your activity level. Plain and simple.
2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join