It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Utility Bills Go Unpaid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Where do you live????

Britannia

Access to water is deemed a human right in the UK, and although I'm not suggesting bailing on a water bill just for the heck of it (as others will have to pick up the tab) if you find yourself facing a multitude of high utility bills and unable to pay them all (as I have in the past) the water bill should be the lowest prioity in being paid as there is legal protection in place to keep the supply running to prevent the outbreak of disease

[edit on 5-11-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Like I said the way the UK and USA work is probly different, but here companys like, Npower, E-on etc, do not produce much if any electricity in the UK, and as far as I am aware, all natural gas is imported (the UK does have some offshore gas and oil rigs, but I am not sure if we export what we extract or use it?).

The national grid prices the electricity and gas at a price which will allow them to import/create the power, maintain and upgrade the networks and also make some profit ontop for expansion, aquisition etc (not to mention all other overheads are included in that unit price). Now another company coming along, buying on your behalf and priceing their own profit per unit ontop is unacceptable in my opinion. Since they do nothing more than a little office admin on your behalf. Then to have them rise prices constantly, while seldomly reducing them back down to the current price range they are paying to the utility companies, I find that criminal at best.

So in my opinion, they deserve to have to pay the utility companies for those who choose to resort to theft, afterall, that is what they are doing (although it has been made legal, that is the only difference).

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Seems it is going to be a cold winter for many people.

Shame it's coming to this, and only going to get worse.

Yep... until Obama pushes his Alternative Energy plans which will lower the cost of energy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join