It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameras at every intersection. What gives?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You've all seen them. You know the ones I mean.
They look like THIS.

Have you ever stopped to wonder what in the hell they are for?
I know what you're thinking, "those are red light cameras cbass"
WRONG!!!!!

These are red light cameras.

Notice the difference?
Red light cameras have an accomanying strobe for nightime shots of licence plates.
Also it is required by law that every intersection have it clearly posted that there are red light cameras in use.

I was swimming in a local river this summer with my two sons when one of them cut his leg on a rock as the rapids drug him over the rocks in the river.It was all the way down to the bone.
Needless to say, I drove 100 miles an hour for about 25 miles to the nearest hospital. I ran a total of no less than 10 red lights and was expecting a fist full of tickets in the mail a few days later because EVERONE of the intersections that I went through had these camers pointed in every concievable angle and direction.

But, to my surprise, Nothing!!
Not a single ticket. It was of course daytime and if these were indeed red light cams I would have been nailed.
Also, I am friends with several police officers, and they aren't really sure what they are for either.

I see these things in every small, podunk,rinkydink,backwoods,redneck,stump jumpin', jethro clampiy,hillbilly town in Missouri (I am on the road alot) and I can only assume they are this way across AmeriKa.

Ohh, and does someone here want to tell me wtf these
are? I see these interspersed throughout the highways,even on remote sections of highway.

So I come to you, my ATS family. Put my mind at ease and tell me it willl be alright. I promise I will put down my tinfoil hat and back away slowly if you just tell me what in the hell these are for.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by cbass]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I hope someone can answer this, because I see them all the too. I wonder what they are for, as I always thought the same thing you did, traffic violation cameras. What else can they be for, I see them where traffic is at!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Those are traffic congestion cameras which alter the red-light timing (mainly for turn arrows). We have them here but not the 'ticket' cameras. They have nothing to do with issuing tickets.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Hendu]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well I have a theory so big that it will melt the tinfoil hat right to your head.But, I will wait to see if someone else says it first.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

WRONG!!! Those look like this
I am talking about these

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
These are what I'm talking about: Cams I have in Shreveport and these:

These aren't from Shreveport, but I've been told they are for the flow of traffic.

Or am I just looking at the wrong camera from the OP? We have a couple of the larger 'ticket' cams as well. You can't miss those.

I have always thought the ones we have are for violations, but was wrong.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Hendu]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
[edit on 4-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble Cbass, but those cameras are for congestion. We have them here in Australia. I'd still like to hear your theory tho mate..... Giddy up!! Get on with it, spill the beans by all means

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In case you want to buy one for yourself: Here

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

Ok, thank you. I'll buy that. (loosens chinstrap on tinfoil hat)

Buuuut, (tightens the chinstrap to his tinfoil hat)
Does anyone here see any other potentials with these already in place?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

Did you read this link you provided?

Other uses for video detection include: ramp metering, pedestrian detection, red light enforcement, as well as bicycle detection. It all depends on were and how you position the Vantage camera.

Does that bother anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
These types of cameras have been in Corpus Christi for at least 8 years and they began for traffic control but now with the addition of the red light cameras they also assist in getting photos of the vehicle when it runs a red light.
I know because I got a ticket for a rolling stop through a right turn, which i have a bad habit of doing. The ticket came in the mail with very HD images of my truck from all angles, which would have been impossible with just the red light camera, which was positioned behind me.
There are signs warning drivers of the red light cameras at every intersection that has them, not all of them have them.
Whats funny is that there have been a few studies since theyve been put up and people are actually running more red lights than they did prior to the cameras being installed.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah, there is limitless potential for these, but I couldn't care less. I'm not drawing on a fatty while there anyway. :-)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just can't believe that there are basicly at least four camers pointing in each direction at almost every single intersection in AmeriKa let alone the rest of the world and no one is alarmed.

Frog in a boiling pot of water?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The govt' is digging deeper everyday(and election)

Hold on to your individuality folks, they're coming for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

you think we're like the U.K.?? ..in that we have cameras on every corner for "our protection"?? except ours are claiming to be for traffic, but really they monitor each block...

that what you were thinking?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nothing that half a brick won't fix. Quite frankly I'm surprised most of these things survive as long as they do.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Tighten the chinstraps on tight folks, buckle up cuz we is goin for a ride.
My conspiracy theory goes something like this:

Soon we will all be fitted with a microchip under our skin.
Without it you will not be able to buy sell or trade and you will most likely be put here.

For the rest of us who agreed to play ball we will go on about our lives being tracked every step of the way.
We will either
a.) Be tracked via satellite through a transponder in the chip or

b.) Be tracked via all of the Frigging cameras as each one will be triggered by the frequency that our individua chip emitts.

In other words, If big bro wanted to know why you weren't at work today producing and wanted to know where their property had escaped to they would programm your 16 digit pin/transponder I.D. number into thier database and whenever you came within 500 ft. of ANY of these cameras (and who can avoid them at this point) you will trigger it, at which point it is flagged and sends an alert to appropriate personell which can now track you visually as well as notify authorities as to your location.

The ONLY way to go undetected would be to live in the woods
or remove the damn thing yourself in which case you wouild no longer be able to buy sell or trade.

And then there are these.

Which just look sinister. What are these? "they are just cell phone towers cbass"
Wrong!!!!
They will activate the chips in us as well. They are able to emitt a frequency that is eerily close to the frequency our brains function on.
These chips will not only enable them to track us but will also be capeable of altering our moods.
You'll want to read this

So what do we end up with?
A gov't that knows exactly where you are and can be where you are in minutes(omnipresent)
Can controll your emotions/behavior (omnipotent)
and knows everything about you (omnicient)

WOW they are GOD.

Whew! I am exausted. I am taking this damn thing off for the night.
(loosens chinstrap of TFH)
Thanks for listening and don't forget to try the cheese dip, it's fabulous.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
And then there are these.

Which just look sinister. What are these? "they are just cell phone towers cbass"
Wrong!!!!
They will activate the chips in us as well. They are able to emitt a frequency that is eerily close to the frequency our brains function on.
These chips will not only enable them to track us but will also be capeable of altering our moods.
You'll want to read this

So what do we end up with?
A gov't that knows exactly where you are and can be where you are in minutes(omnipresent)
Can controll your emotions/behavior (omnipotent)
and knows everything about you (omnicient)

WOW they are GOD.

Whew! I am exausted. I am taking this damn thing off for the night.
(loosens chinstrap of TFH)
Thanks for listening and don't forget to try the cheese dip, it's fabulous.

this thread backs up your mentioning of the government being able to control your brain waves through different frequencies, for those that don't believe it's possible...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sad, but true...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

I don't know either, and I live in Phoenix. We have them on every intersection as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join