It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

media fraud? predetermined outcome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
CNN and NPR are both listing electoral wins in certain states with 0% precincts reporting... how can they possibly do this? is this whole thing a theatre of the absurd?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is when will the early votes be counted? Supposedly,
25% of us nationwide voted early. Why do some states have a projected
winner even though 0% of the votes have been counted?

See USA Map - middle of page at: abcnews.go.com...

The minute the polls close in a given state, the early voting and
absentee vote tabulations should be released to the media and reported.
There's something very strange about what we're seeing tonight. I'm glad
you started this thread, "volitionawareness".
-cwm

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nothing like a little last minute voter Manipulation...

Somewhere in the last 10 years, the objective media died.

Somewhere along the lines, the media failed to do thier job...

What can be done???

Turn off the TV
Stop buying thier news papers...

Let them go out of buisness...

The San Fransico Chronicle is losing a million dollars a week...

$1,000,000 loss a week...

Stop watching them...

They may not belive in the free market, but the free market does exist.

Stop buying their bad product, and they will go out of buisness.
Keep watching thier nonsense, and they will keep putting it out

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
agreed... I'm monitoring the web pages and listening to NPR onlie; I"m not watching TV; yet, the manipulation is still so obvious..

please post any other anomalies noted..

thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok, so because CNN projected Vermont would go to Obama with 0% reporting you cry foul?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
you can't project anything with 0% of the votes counted and reported...!

it's much more than that; at the top of every hour, both cnn (online) and national public radio blithely report a group of states as going for a certain candidate, then don't talk about them until later when results start coming in...

I'm not viewing this from any particular bias; I'm not supporting either of the 2 main candidates; I'M FOR THE TRUTH !!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
currently Minnesota and Wisconsin called for Obama with 0% votes reported!...

what is this?

I also saw earlier Alabama called for McCain while Obama was showing more votes, then numbers were added in McCain's favor...

why would they declare so early? why can't they just wait until every vote is reported? or is this whole thing a fraud?

please help me understand...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
9:39 ET...

npr calls New Mexico for Obama...

cnn shows (3%)

8405 for McCain

6211 for Obama

WTF?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I saw this as well. They were calling several states with 0% of the votes in. How the heck can you give the state to a guy when 0% of the votes have been recorded? Is it just the media skew or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There are some states you don't really need to wait to call. If every exit poll is showing a clear Obama or McCain win, then its safe to call it. If anything, since the Florida debacle, the news channels have been much more careful to call a state for somebody.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Have so many people forgotten the past two elections when early calls were reversed? In both the major networks had egg on their face when they later had to rescind and even reverse a call. I'm not sure what methodology they are using to make their calls, but I wouldn't really argue a network going ahead and calling Cali for Obama, some states simple are what they are.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This race was predetermined 4 years ago after Obama gave the keynote speech at the 2004 DNC. MSNBC that night mentioned the up and coming new leader of the Democrats and stated he would be force to reckon with in the future.

I told my wife then, and just reminded her now, that Obama was being set up to run for/win the presidency. I personally didn't expect 2008 to be the year; but if you couldn't see this coming in 2004 I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a race to get the data up.
It's simply stupid, and borderline illegal in my opinion.
But each News Organization tries to be the first to update their chart, or their map.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The projections are based on exit polls and past vote histories. Also, the news sources like to call things first to be 'authoritative'.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
keep up the great adds everyone; I predicted that Obama had been 'knighted' long ago as well...

I'm just appalled at how careless the media is; how much they insult our intelligence..

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
What I'd like to know is when will the early votes be counted? Supposedly,
25% of us nationwide voted early. Why do some states have a projected
winner even though 0% of the votes have been counted?

See USA Map - middle of page at: abcnews.go.com...

The minute the polls close in a given state, the early voting and
absentee vote tabulations should be released to the media and reported.
There's something very strange about what we're seeing tonight. I'm glad
you started this thread, "volitionawareness".
-cwm

You do all realize there are more than 100 people per state right? Are they supposed to start showing 0.0122%

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

It seems crazy that the media can "call" a state for one candidate or the other with 0% precincts reporting but it happens. The exit polling has been going on all day so they have some confidence in the call

Unlike a traditional poll that asks voters who they intend to support, exit polls are taken outside the polling place immediately after voters have cast their ballots. The interviewing begins when the polls open in the morning and lasts throughout the day until shortly before the polls close.

new topics

top topics

join