It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed 2 UFOS last night, here's the footage.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Excellent job nablator! Looks like its a helicopter.

See, analysis done here at ATS - 2nd to none

[edit on 11/13/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I haven't seen the footage from anyone here, but a thought occurred...why do conventional aircraft always have lights at each extremity, or don't they? If they do it stands to reason that if an extremity without a light can be seen that something is out of order...p.s., good to see that a site owner has made an entry on pg.#4...they are investing enough time to analize a 1/2 hour long video, so it the whole ufo phenomenon at least at the surface seems quite plausible doesn't it? PLEASE READ 'michael's theory' by plainmike if you haven't...thanks?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Awesome job nab. Looks like it was a helicopter after all.

It is still puzzling to me, but it looks like you figured it out for us.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I tried other parts of the video last night with mixed results. The UFO you focus on most of the time always looks the same after stacking, even with longer sequences. The quality doesn't improve between 200 and 1000 frames. This is my first experience with registax, maybe there are better options to try, or better software for stabilizing the video or stacking frames. Photoshop CS3 has stacking capabilities with smart objects, but it is unable to align layers automatically when the frame is mostly black. I got exactly the same image as a result of stacking 200 manually aligned layers.

When it moves to the left at the end of the footage the middle light is red, as expected for a left nav light. The angle (the three lights are not horizontal any more at this point) is typical of a quickly moving helicopter. The other UFO also looks like a helicopter in the stacked sequence, but it has several additional dim lights (?) and a tail strobe.

I'm still puzzled by the differences between the two and the "fireflies" orbiting red lights - optical stabilization artifacts maybe?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Nice enhancement Nablator, you can almost see the skids.
Gotta teach me how to do that.

It sure makes more sens than the incoming aircraft hypothesis.
The spacing between those lights did not change at all for more than 7 minutes, it is not a detail.

If it was an arcraft, no matter the size and speed, not only we would have noticed that change but we would also have noticed that it was not flying toward us but a little bit to the left of us which means that it would have gained angular velocity relative to the observer(s) or us.

Why because like someone noticed before, the spacing between the first light to the right (as you watch it) and the one in the middle was bigger than the one to the left and the middle one. Just to say that once an object catches angular velocity, it's movements become visible to the naked eye.

Now, I did search for the Ft Lauderdale PD and that's what I have found :

Sadly, Fort Lauderdale P.D. no longer has an Aviation Unit. Thanks to modern budget considerations, declining manpower, or what have you, F.L.P.D. did away with its Aviation Unit (which did eventually use helicopters), and now they rely solely on the Broward County Sheriff’s Department for aerial support. Fort Lauderdale Aviation Unit is just a fond memory for those of us who worked and served with its proud members. It is now just a piece of law enforcement and aviation history.

Link : www.authornation.com...

Guess it isn't them, maybe Miami PD for ex, but here is an image I just took with FSX & Bell 206B JetRanger :

i263.photobucket.com...

Could match, what do you think ?

Oh, before I go, I also want to
the OP for being such a nice witness with us. Sometimes, people do not react well to rational explanations.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
hello I have a question why were you walking around with a canon gl2
thats a pretty big cam.. now im not gunna say its a fake video cause I live by you and from OCT - NOV there has been alot of odd activity here in south florida.
you can see odd things at night and during the day time I have video taped it and seen it with my own eyes. nothing like what you have here but I have seen things...
also you mention you are a *video production major* so I have to ask, do you know how to use *after effects* again not trying to debunk im just asking questions.. also if you use *Adobe Premiere Pro CS3* I believe you can take your video and lighten it up to see whats out there and get a clearer view..

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Good try... I can't find a Florida based helicopter that looks similar, but there may be hope yet.
See the California Highway Patrol and the Pasadena police choppers, blue and white here:
the-four-seasons.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join