It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty tricks: get out (of) the vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Dirty tricks: get out (of) the vote

msnuknews.spaces.live.com

Obama supporters have been receiving text messages from unknown phone numbers instructing them that, because of the long queues forming at polling stations (the wait is now up to three hours at the University of Central Florida), voting is being split over two days and Democrats should now cast their votes on Wednesday - a day after the polls, in fact, close.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lufkindailynews.com

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
rest of the article in case it doesn't load:

Election Protection, a non-partisan group that tracks voting problems, and CNN have both shown examples of the messages, which are also surfacing on Twitter. The former reported receiving 50,000 calls to its hotline - including many calls from frustrated voters in Ohio who had been "inexplicably dropped from the list of registered voters."

Snopes.com, a website that dispels urban legends, says: "Although this item may seem like a bit of obvious and frivolous election year humour, it's bnd to fool or confuse some people, and when it made the rounds of the internet back in 2000, officials started making grumbling noises about seeking prosecutions for voter fraud."

MSN UK, blog Posted by Laura Snook, head of news

msnuknews.spaces.live.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LilMs

lol. And I got a u2u simply saying "Vote Obama".

even if I were American, I wouldn't vote Obama.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hehehehe. That's just one of those cheesy tricks that if you fall for it, you deserve it. Kinda like during Halloween all the stupid scary-face-screaming things.

Stupid childish and not right, but stupid is as stupid does I guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry, but this thread will be closed. Please post this information in the following thread.

2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud

You can read more information about this thread closure in this thread.

Preemptive ATS Strategies For A Smooth Election Day(s)

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join