It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsing UFO / ORB AUstralia (high quality)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"Look at it! It's coming at us!"

Something about the dialogue from 2.00 onwards doesn't fill me with confidence, especially when he starts insisting he's not touching the zoom button. A lot of the time, they sound a lot like they're being silly while trying to sound serious.

It looks like Venus to me, and it looks the right time of day for it. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by damagedoor

I think they are being silly

Check HERE

He's got about 20 all very similarly shot.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That looks organic. Just an opinion but it looks like a living creature more than an object.

Question is can the effect of the pattern be created by some sort of camera defect or trick of light?

If not the pattern and detail suggests it is not a planet or satellite.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I think they are being silly

Check HERE

He's got about 20 all very similarly shot.

Yeah, but I'm a new poster here so I'm still minding my manners a little and trying to be polite in my observations. My immediate reaction cost me half a cup of coffee and, very nearly, a new keyboard.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He keeps saying he is going back to six frames a second. That is not high quality. Normal quality for video is thirty frames a second. Looks like a planet on the horizon out of focus to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by damagedoor

You'd be pretty upset if you lost a new keyboard over a zoomed up over exposed shot of Venus, I know I would be

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Frankly, the explanation of these optical mysteries is very simple. You need a very small bright source. Venus is good. You need a video camera with an adjustable aperture. The cheaper cameras use a three or four blade mechanism. This produces triagular or diamond shaped light path. And you need a typical lens system which will zoom in and out of fosus, so the point source becomes a disc-like image, usually containg concentric rings due to the optical phenomenon called diffraction. Put all these together and you get a pulsating orb/UFO. Or maybe not, depending on guillibilty.

I've posted this several times before, but it serves to illustrate the effect.
This is a video I made of the star Sirius using a 10" diameter telescope fitted with a CCD camera. Apart from the spectrum of colors caused by scintillation due to atmospheric turbulence, the focus was pulled in and out to enhance the colors but also to demonstrate diffraction rings. My defocussed image has a central 'hole' or dark spot. This is due to the design of the 'scope, which had a secondary mirror located at this point. Note also how similar this defocussed image is to the 'quantum spacecraft' touted by David Serada in his STS-75 'Shuttle Tether Incident'.

WG3

Sirius Video

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join