It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's about time that black people get acknowledged!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's about time America, it is about time!

It's about time that the children of former slave owners and the children of former slaves can once again face each other as equals and dine at the table of fraternity and equality in the greatest country that the world has ever known.

It's about time that part of the dream of Martin Luther King and other luminaries who struggled to realise the dreams of Afro-American people are realised. It's about time that all people are treated according to the content of their character and not on the color of their skin. It's about time!

It's about time that every crime committed in the name of racism is swept aside by the interminable, unstoppable tide of the successes of the black and colored people of this nation in every field of endeavor. It's about time!

The racists cannot stop this, the haters cannot stop this, the bigots won't stop this. It's about time!

We will wake up to a new future!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
It's about time America, it is about time!

And the problem you see is only in america is it?

And to believe that your country is the greatest ever known is a little insular to say the least! Not an insult, just an observation from a non-american. A natural response to a normal statement, whoever makes it.

Black people have commited racist crimes too you know, and black people persecute black people too.

I understand your point and where you're coming from, but don't forget how big the world is.

How many coloured people have benefited from having ancestors from the slave trade that were brought to america all those years ago? Are they still slaves....NO!

Where would they be now and what would they be doing if their families had been left where they were. Africa has seen and still has some horrifying wars and human suffering. Every cloud has a silver lining, but seeing the negative side of things for the act of protest is denying the possibility of vision and achievement.

Sure, bad things have happened in the past, but the slave trade has resulted in opportunities and changes that must be realised.

btw....what about the sex slaves of the world, the persecution that continues against minorities and the weak. Homophobia, crimes of religious belief or war or animal cruelty?

If you are coloured, I hope the worst in your history is over. Embrace your new possibilities and give a little concern for those in this world that STILL struggle! Those who cannot point and say "racist" or "help" and don't have a law or authority to protect them.

So in answer to your question......."I acknowledge black people".....just as I do the brown, yellow white and any other.

And if a black presidential candidate isn't enough for you....HOW MUCH acknowledgement do you need???

Seems to me that your "it's about time" is going on right now.........don't leave yourself out.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

Hear hear!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah, didn't think many people would want to get into this!

Any other opinions, discussion welcome I'm sure.

new topics

top topics

join