It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture of A Ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hello there, this is my first post here at ATS, although have spent many a hour reading all sorts of information. =D I hope we all get along just fine.

Me, my aunt and my sister went to a mill last June, seeing as my aunt is a professional photographer. We ventured around the massive mill alone, seeing as my aunt was freinds with the owner. I got some pretty amazing shots, but one in particular, after some intverting and looking around caught my eye. I can show you the picture in three stages- regular, inverted, and zoomed in on the part I found.
Some infomation on the mill...
en.wikipedia.org...
The Bates mills were abandoned, and my sister and I were in one of the ones that had been bought by an archtectuial company.

So basicly I found a ghost face in one of the pictures. I can see it fairly well, I have tried to show my freinds over AIM, but they fail to see it, so I figured I would try a actaul site devoted to this kind of thing.
Also, as an intresting side note- while taking pictures, my sister constantly complained of feeling a mans presence, and something touching her leg and breathing down her neck.
Here is the original picture:
(This is here so you know what the orginal picture was, haha, and I apologize for the fact it was taken in Sepia)
[url=http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/OHJONNYBOYTHEKINGISDEAD/mill010.jpg]

Here is the inverted picture
[url=http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/OHJONNYBOYTHEKINGISDEAD/mill010-1.jpg]

And last, but not least, is the picture you have been waiting for! The ghost face!
[url=http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/OHJONNYBOYTHEKINGISDEAD/ghostface.jpg]

I noticed, while the picture was inverted, a triangle and a smaller one near it, so I zoomed in on the smaller one, and was quite shocked at the fact that I could see a face of a man quite clearly. The picture probally does not do it justice- if you want to investigate the picture yourself, I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it work, as in I uploading the picture while circling the triangle I mean, or whatever.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy finally coming across a community who won't shoot me down for beliving in this sort of thing. =D

EDIT: changed the title, because although I think it's a ghost, it's highly debatable.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by summerdreary]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

Hi there and welcome to ATS! I find the picture very interesting. I am a believer in the paranormal.

Edit your post or make another post and put the [a t s][/a t s] (without spaces) around the links to your pictures.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thanks, I was getting stressed about that whole image thing. =D

So, lets try this again.
This is the regular picture.

Here is the inverted picture

And last, but not least, is the picture you have been waiting for! The ghost face!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I see it. It's very interesting and spooky. I don't know what to say.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ummmmm... sorry... just not seeing it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

If you look in the ghost face image, if you concentrate you should be able to see the outline of a nose, and an eye, even a mouth.
Hope you find it: it's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
just put it into photoshop and whacked the contrast and brightness up ....looks like a man with a beard.....I'll link it shortly....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I didn't have to concentrate on it lol. It jumped right out at me the first time I saw it. It's pretty easy to see.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
link to edited pic

img60.imageshack.us...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
could you tell me where in the original pic the face is...??

I took some pics a few years ago and saw lots of faces in it.....I put it down to illusion but when I looked at them over and over again...they looked pretty scarey....youve obviously had some kind of experience to go with it so that may help a bit.....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

Dude, that's Jesus, tebMa0XTBSs&featuretebMa0XTBSs&featuretebMa0XTBSs&featuretebMa0XTBSs&featuretebMa0XTBSs&feature

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hi buddy im not trying to be nasty to you or anything and I believe in Ghosts and the Paranormal among other things, and I know you may believe there to be something in those pics.
But sorry I can find nothing out of the ordinary in those pictures.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

hahaha - you could be right....isn't he meant to be everywhere anyway...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It is near impossible for me to find the face in the original or inverted pic.. the last picture is cropped so much i cannot tell if it even came from the original picture. =(

I can see an illusion in the blue squared off picture. I think it is a case of Pareidolia. ( i am by no means an expert though.. it is just my opinion )

But i envy your trip to explore the mill . It looks and sounds like a great place to have " investigated" or checked out.

I hope you get to go back and have unlimited access again. ya never know what may turn up =)

edited : LOL @ Jesus.. definitely pareidolia..

[edit on 11/4/08 by SugarJ]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If you look at the image of the face I found in the picture, I'm hoping that would clear up some of the questions. I don't know if it is simply a trick, optical illisuion or whatever, but it's pretty cool. I don't really know what else to do: either you see the face or you don't. I could circle where ti's found in the orginal picture...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary

If you look at the image of the face I found in the picture, I'm hoping that would clear up some of the questions. I don't know if it is simply a trick, optical illisuion or whatever, but it's pretty cool. I don't really know what else to do: either you see the face or you don't. I could circle where ti's found in the orginal picture...

Yes, Please circle it..

Not a one line post

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarJ

Originally posted by summerdreary

Yes, Please circle it..

Not a one line post

I'm sorry, I didn't read your last post before posting. It could be a case of that, but, I see a pretty clear face of a man. :S I guess the guy who said he saw Nixon on a potato chip thought his face was pretty clear too.

Anyway, here's the original picture, with the place where the head was found, circled. You can see an outline and such- I had to invert it to get results.

[atp] i459.photobucket.com... [/atp]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
One thing that I would like to point out about this is that my sister and I, while taking photographs, could hear faint machinery in the background, even though nothing was running in the building- not even an air conditioner. I remember being hot up there.
So, I'm just saying that it is the kind of enviroment where a ghost is likely to be found; maybe thats the problem. I was exepecting something, so I saw it. But I have to say it looks really, really clear to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join