It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 empty U.S. Prisons ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
just been looking around and have come across 600 us Prisons which are fully staffed but have nobody in them and have the fences faceing in as in not to keep people out but to keep them in. I believe that they are there should martialmlaw need to be enforced.. but does anybody have anymore information about these camps

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thats odd. Where are these prisons? You sure you didn't just run across some wacky NWO site?

Despite what everyone thinks, just cause its on the iternet doesn't make it true.

As for the fences, it was alaways my understanding the point of prisons is to keep people in.

*edit for typos

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Quest]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You say you have come across them? Do you mean the junk on the internet? Go, get in your car and look for them. I did. Waste of gas. Its bull, as far as I could tell.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'm gonna have the agree with the rest and call that total bologna. I think it's said that 95% of the information on the internet is false, that could just be a made up number as well, but it's always been said that the prisons in the u.s. are way over crowded as is.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You say you have come across them? Do you mean the junk on the internet? Go, get in your car and look for them. I did. Waste of gas. Its bull, as far as I could tell.

I agree, but ya gotta wonder what prompts folks to go to all this trouble, creating something that doesn't exist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Results 1 - 10 of about 39,600 for 600 empty U.S. Prisons

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Redo the search, Netstorm, to eliminate stories with the number 600 in them and no other hits as well as stories on prisons (no other hits) and so forth:

Results 1 - 6 of about 124 for "over 600 prison camps in the united states" "all empty".
www.google.com...

Most of those are simply requotes of something ... no original research. A number of us HAVE gone out to look at the sites and found these reports were bogus.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Most of those are simply requotes of something ... no original research. A number of us HAVE gone out to look at the sites and found these reports were bogus.

I know they are bogus, my question was..what prompts a person to put so much energy into a non existent "place"
I left the 600 in to do the search as the thread was worded.
The FIRST result was here on ATS.
But my original question is the same. Why waste the time and effort to propogate something that does not exist.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ATS has its very own page about these 600 empty US prisons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States.

The Rex 84 Program was established on the reasoning that if a mass exodus of illegal aliens crossed the Mexican/US border, they would be quickly rounded up and detained in detention centers by FEMA. Rex 84 allowed many military bases to be closed down and to be turned into prisons.

Operation Cable Splicer and Garden Plot are the two sub programs which will be implemented once the Rex 84 program is initiated for its proper purpose. Garden Plot is the program to control the population. Cable Splicer is the program for an orderly takeover of the state and local governments by the federal government. FEMA is the executive arm of the coming police state and thus will head up all operations. The Presidential Executive Orders already listed on the Federal Register also are part of the legal framework for this operation.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
The FIRST result was here on ATS.
But my original question is the same. Why waste the time and effort to propogate something that does not exist.

We were making a post at the exact same time.

These camps exist but the reasons may vary. I'm not sure about the number of them provided, but we'd be foolish to think that such facilities do not exist.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well i heard that the camps were controlled by FEMA incase the US goes into Marshal Law.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
AS Byrd pointed out, many of us have gone to investigate these. Many are listed within my reach (southeast U.S.) and I made trips to places only to find out that they are state pens that do have inmates, closed bases that are non-functioning, etc.

Why do people write this stuff? To make an issue, start a conspiracy, get attention...you name it.
They may have a belief of something going on and merely want to further this belief by making stuff up just to get your attention.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Fist time I've heard anyone complain about prisons being empty, I thought that would be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think we're talking about 2 different things here.

1 Federally fundeded and state run prisons ( where criminals go )

2 FEMA prison camps ( I know FEMA is federally funded ) that are for a need to use basis.

could that be the misconception or am I thinking wrong ?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
AS Byrd pointed out, many of us have gone to investigate these. Many are listed within my reach (southeast U.S.) and I made trips to places only to find out that they are state pens that do have inmates, closed bases that are non-functioning, etc.

Why do people write this stuff? To make an issue, start a conspiracy, get attention...you name it.
They may have a belief of something going on and merely want to further this belief by making stuff up just to get your attention.

There is plenty of room in Alabama in case of martial law. The fields surrounding Atmore, AL have plenty of space, and this is where Holman and Fountain Prisons are located. Alabama would just put the people on a chain gang- which they still have.
Thomas Crowne, I sure miss the Alabama weather- I still think of seeing all the chain gangs when I lived right behind Fountain for 13 years.
There are no 600 prisons unoccupied IMO.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I know for a fact that a lot of county jails have EMPTY federal jails within them. The one I know for sure has 3 levels with about 200 two person cells per level. It is not staffed but could be operational with a drop of a hat.

So, yes there are a lot of empty FEDERAL prisons all around you, a lot of people just don't know this info.

Cou nty jails with federal inmates
Excerpt:

March 18, 2004

By KRIS WERNOWSKY
of The Register-Mail

GALESBURG - The Knox County Board may consider allowing more federal prisoners in the Knox County jail in order to generate more revenue for the county's general fund.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Area 51 caretaker
just been looking around and have come across 600 us Prisons which are fully staffed but have nobody in them and have the fences faceing in as in not to keep people out but to keep them in. I believe that they are there should martialmlaw need to be enforced.. but does anybody have anymore information about these camps

Give me link. Me need proof.

DC

OK, got those links. Well, at least I know I'll be on the outside of them....

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

join