It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions voting in historic US Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Millions voting in historic US Elections

www.timesonline.co.uk

Turnout in today's election was expected to shatter records with the queues forming outside polling stations at dawn testament to the energy, excitement and expectations generated by a campaign that has lasted almost two years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well if it is a record turnout lets hope its an honest election and that the people of America get the president they really want this time. Hopefully Obamma will get in and fingers crossed that he will not just be a paper tiger and will bring about many changes for the betterment of the American people.

Lets how as well that the current US Foreign Policy will be changed and the Global warmongering will stop. Perhaps a review of the defense budget is in order and with some cuts can return trillions to the welfare of the people.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well I am suprised no replies yet, perhaps everyone's out voting and celebrating already.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yo UK people BBC1 now relevant. I'm wondering who will win this, i'll hold my opinion for now.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I voted. Now it is time to build a better future.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Now it is time to build a better future.

You couldn't be more right. We need to build a better future indeed. Let's hope the winner, Obama or McCain, can help do this and change the corrupt route that we are on.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ok the bbc are saying so far 2 mins to go before the polls close, I've heard they reckon the blacks will vote obama, in their words, and they just went through what places voted in the past and current black ratio "atlanta 49% black" this is dodgy, polls close like now.

edit - McCain 8 Obama 3 so far...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by KKinsane]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I passed by 4 polling stations today, 2 times each and each one was not "busy". There were some people there, but not massive crowds or anything like that.

I was the first voter in my precinct this morning at 6:30. I got there at 5:45 am thinking that it would be a mad rush, etc. Even then there was only about 20 people in line to vote.

I live in a rural area, but commute to Charlotte daily. The Charlotte polling stations were not over crowded at all.

Maybe a lot of people took advantage of the early voting here on Saturday. I don't know.

top topics

join