It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your cell phone is tapped.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Be careful what you say on your cell phone.

My friend, whos best friend works for the government, said every single cell phone is tapped, and they will listen in your conversation when key words are said.

Lets hope that isnt true. If it is.. We definitely don't live in a free society.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So if I say president and bomb in the same sentence, how long do you think it will take them to show up at my house?

I wonder if they will come faster if I say it in Arabic.

We haven't lived in a free society for some time now. It's only going to get worse.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
they wont come to your home. BUT, they will keep an eye on you. And look into books your buy, sites you visit etc.

They can put you on a list, and especially at airports if you are on that list, youll be searched much more than other random people in the airport. Ive seen it happen to a lot of people that i know of who are really into conspiracies etc and thats like all they ever read online or buy in books.. but when they go to the airport they get searched like theres no tomorrow.

thats gotta be a strange sign

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

What are the key words? That's what it takes to stay away from being spied upon, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They have been doing that for years. You should be more aware that you would be watched in your home, that should be more troubling for anyone here, lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They have been doing that for years, its just that the public is just now realizing it.. CIA has the power and dose monitor all calls coming in to and going out of the U.S.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Every person that has logged onto ATS has been monitored through their own cell phone.

This is clear.

They don't listen to to the people that still vote for contestants on American Idol.

They listen to people that say "Inside Job".

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh, I know they have. But it just creeps me out because I know I say a lot of things on the phone.. im probably on some americas most wanted list somewhere. My dad was actually. Hes a huge conspirasist and someone actually approached him when he was in washington DC visiting, and told him theyd been watching him and he needed to be careful

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They already have a list on me a mile long. I used to be an Arabic linguist for the Air Force. They know what I had for breakfast the day I graduated high school. These days I just like to push the buttons.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hah. Wow. That is some crazy stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't think it's possible for EVERY cell phone to be tapped. I think doing such a thing would only lead to mass confusion and chaos on the part of the agency doing the tapping.

What does your friend say about text messages? Can those be read by a third party? I've always been curious to know if text messages are 'saved' somewhere.

My phone calls, text messages, e-mails and even private conversations are not anything that the Government would be interested in keeping track of but it is a little bothersome IF they are tapping lines without any legitimate reason.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was always told that they have computers in Maryland that are designed to record 'snippets' based on trigger words. That could just be heresay.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
jemison, the government can keep track of ANYTHING anyone does. sites they visit, books the buy or rent from the library, movies they rent, things they buy at the store, emails, text messages, phone calls.

But like I said, they dont read EVERY single email or listen to EVERY single phone call. That would be impossible beyond means. They only look for key words. Im not sure what those exact key words are, but i would imagine they would be anything involving conspiracies or bombings etc

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I don't think it's possible for EVERY cell phone to be tapped. I think doing such a thing would only lead to mass confusion and chaos on the part of the agency doing the tapping.

What does your friend say about text messages? Can those be read by a third party? I've always been curious to know if text messages are 'saved' somewhere.

My phone calls, text messages, e-mails and even private conversations are not anything that the Government would be interested in keeping track of but it is a little bothersome IF they are tapping lines without any legitimate reason.

Jemison

Computers do most of the work for them.

Once the computer establishes a consistant use of key words, then an operator will monitor a few of those persons phone calls. Then the operator will determine weather or not they deserve to be on a list or not.

I seriously doubt my parents ever discuss anything that relates to the stuff we discuss on ATS, so they would not have an operator monitor any their phone calls.

They way you can determine if someone is monitoring your phone call is you can hear your voice echo. (But this doesn't happen all the time).

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Jemison

Once the computer establishes a consistant use of key words, then an operator will monitor a few of those persons phone calls.

I seriously doubt my parents ever discuss anything that relates to the stuff we discuss on ATS, so they would not have an operator monitor any of them.

They way you can determine if someone is monitoring your phone call is you can hear your voice echo. (But this doesn't happen all the time).

Uhhhhh I always hear my voice echo when I call my mom or dad. Who both would probably be on lists. Greaat..

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Evidence, or is this more unsubstaniated claims on your part?

So far..

You have been abducted by aliens, every house you have ever lived in is haunted, you have pyschic powers,and now the government is after you.

Have you seen bigfoot too?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

as far as I was aware, the systems used to monitor infomation in the us, was based in the uk (GCHQ - commonly called the doughnut) Its primarily used for Sigint, but i think the US use it to monitor. I could however, be completely barking up the wrong tree!!

This is the Doughnut website

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Jemison

Once the computer establishes a consistant use of key words, then an operator will monitor a few of those persons phone calls.

I seriously doubt my parents ever discuss anything that relates to the stuff we discuss on ATS, so they would not have an operator monitor any of them.

Uhhhhh I always hear my voice echo when I call my mom or dad. Who both would probably be on lists. Greaat..

That theory is still just a theory... But I've tested it before, and I'm sure It's true.

My phone kept echoing one day while I was having a serious conversation with my friend (several upon several key words)... At the end of the conversation I say... Okay Chris, I'll talk to you later...

He replies:, alright man I'll C-Ya later.... Bye....

I wait One second and Yell CHris WAIT!!!... Are you Still there?

He says yea I'm still here....

Guess what... The echo problem was magically fixed. The operator hung up because he thought the phone call was about to end.

5 minutes of my phone echoing and as I'm about to hang up it goes away... I think the echo theory holds a lot of weight.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaolin_dragon
reply to post by secretstash

as far as I was aware, the systems used to monitor infomation in the us, was based in the uk (GCHQ - commonly called the doughnut) Its primarily used for Sigint, but i think the US use it to monitor. I could however, be completely barking up the wrong tree!!

This is the Doughnut website

After my training was complete the vast majority of us were shipped off to Mildenhall, UK. However I knew at least two people in my class were left stateside. One went to Maryland and one went to Arizona. I am not sure why they would leave an Arabic linguist stateside unless it was to a) either follow up on what was collected from overseas or b) to monitor domestic calls.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Evidence, or is this more unsubstaniated claims on your part?

So far..

You have been abducted by aliens, every house you have ever lived in is haunted, you have pyschic powers,and now the government is after you.

Have you seen bigfoot too?

im tired of hearing from you. if you have nothing positive to say, dont say anything at all.

my life is substantially different from yours, and no matter what you keep saying to me, i know what ive experienced in my life. I know a lot of people , especially in the government, and that is why I claim many of the things I do. I know firsthand theres a lot in the world going on that most people dont realize.

STOP being a bitch to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join