It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Attacks Duchess of York.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk

Fergie is at the centre of a diplomatic row over an undercover documentary in which she exposes the appalling conditions of Turkish state-run orphanages....
But the documentary has enraged Turkish officials who have accused her of launching a ‘smear campaign’ against the country and damaged its attempts become a member of the EU.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I agree with the spokesman representative when he says that Fergie is apolitical.She has worked for years on various charity campaigns around the world and that is her main focus,she probably cares very little for Turkeys attempt at joining the EU.

And,as someone commented at the bottom of the article,If Turkey has nothing to be ashamed of what have they to worry about?

It appears though that is plenty to be ashamed of,and the fact that they have been caught;well,of course they're are going to protest.They have been told to clean up their act and they haven't,so they only have themselves to blame.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah I agree, I suspect it's just a case of poor standards. Another nail in the coffin, IMO.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This may not be the best time for her to be traveling to countries like Turkey, her safety is first and foremost of importance.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I read the headline and was about to respond with "Oh yes, turkeys are really such mean birds!"

I suppose if they have to call her out, then they have something to hide.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

True.
I don't think anyone closely connected to the Royal Family shouldn't be traveling to certain areas,unless your a trained soldier like Prince Harry and have a unit of Gurkah's,SAS and bodyguards around you.lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

I'll have a fiver on the Duchess of York,

top topics

join