It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we? (ATS)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
S-dog

If you're not multiple people then I'd say that ATS IS your life.

So you are accusing me of having multiple personality disorder and that all my personalities have no life. Yikes.

I'm recently retired. I do some part time stuff from home on my computer so ATS is always in the background. But yes I am passionate about ATS. Not only do I enjoy it but I also have forged some very close friendships.

This may also mean that when talking to people about ATS, you may sound a bit fanatical about it without even realizing it. Which may cause the
reaction you were talking about.

Perhaps, that would explain the question.

Not trying to rag on you here, but 214,000 points in less than 6 months.....come on....(yeah, I'm a little jealous).

I wish I could help you with that sentiment.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If it take sover your life, asked to be banned for a week.

Thats a solution.

Or just say, it is a 'user generated media site' like youtube.

Or it is a BBS (bullitin Board)/Online Forum/ a Chatroom.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

If it take sover your life, asked to be banned for a week.

I don't have an ATS problem.
I can quit any time.
I just don't want to.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just a bunch a folks from every walk of life looking for answers whereever we can find 'em, and sometimes actually finding some.

ATS has become a very large part of my life, addictive if you will...
...and that's what I tell people who ask. Some of them think I'm a little weird anyway...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ATS is where we all end up after wandering around online for hours on end-- searching for something... you must find but cannot describe. It's a guilty little pleasure you would rather enjoy alone in a room while in the company of strangers online who have no idea who you are. ATS is where you can ask whatever you want and get closer to the truth than you ever could on your own-- mind you, just WHO is telling the truth could be another issue entirely!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
When I first signed up, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on ATS. If I mentioned it to someone and they asked, I would reply with, "It's a conspiracy/UFO/Paranormal forum".

The last couple of months, I have been able to spend quite a bit of time here. Because of that, my description of ATS has changed. When asked now, I give a similar description as before, but add, "...with some of the most brilliant minds I have ever read".

I know there is a lot of the absurd here, too, and I tell them that. The absurd makes it fun. I feel lucky to have found this site and lucky to be able to have the time to spend here.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

it is a very good question

ATS is a great website
my favourite place
Here we can learn,explore,teach our own knowledges...
eveything you want to know about religion,astrology,ufology...etc
you can find it here
and we can also make some good friends!!!!

thanks ATS!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

oh I forget to add something
Im not english speaker and sometimes is really difficult to understand,specially when someone used "internet slang" ,but I do the best I can to learn more and more from ATS...and dont worry because I have learnt a lot of Internet slang...LOL
well,I think ATS is the best place to extend our knowledges!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsha law
One half debunkers, one quarter silly and one quarter sincere truth seekers.
IMHO

And all contained within the one individual.

A second sentence robs the poignancy .

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
post by schrodingers dog

I don't have an ATS problem.
I can quit any time.
I just don't want to.

Next time you log on ,
you could find yourself in the midst of an on~line intervention .

Sure is addictive .
I wonder how many psychologist ATS have on staff messing with our minds ?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
I wonder how many psychologist ATS have on staff messing with our minds ?

Association of
Therapists and
Sadists

"I'll take TheRapists for $400 Alex"

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey SD,

Just tell them what I do, "a worldwide mixture of friends I'll never meet in places I'll probably never get to and a few that I don't want to meet but still listen to, mostly"

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

I wish I could applaud you my friend.

That is the best description to date.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks SD.

BTW, a little OT but how's your dogs ACL doing? Just curious. Drop me a U2U about it if you want. I might be able to give you some ideas.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why make it short and sweet? I don't.
Usually I don't have a lot to say, but if the subject of ATS comes up, I can go on and on.

In the beginning, people would ask me what it was, and I would hesitate because the answer seemed to be too huge to explain. Now I just say,"it is a discussion forum that I am addicted to. It has something for any interest and it is HUGE."
Now my friends and family ask what "they" are talking about... and that question usually gets raised eyebrows... and an "um" followed by an "everything".
A few times they have asked about a specific subject.. and I look it up for them. I say "read it". A few times I have said "you can start a thread on that". But when I look it up... there is already one there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join