It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCains Economic/Tax Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I decided to add something positive to the election board, since I had spoken out aganist it. I guess it's probably to little too late but maybe it'll bring up a lively discussion. This is but a small portion, the link to the full blog/article/analysis I wrote is at the bottom. And yes I did my research, the math and have listed my sources.

The Budget and our economy. The 2009 Budget approved is going to be 3.1 trillion dollars, with a deficit of 400 billion dollars; meaning we really only have money for a 2.7 trillion dollar budget. But the Iraq war isn't included in the budget.

Now on to John McCains budget. He wants to cut taxes, over the next 9 years, 4.2 trillion dollars. That gives us $466,666,666,667 billion dollars a year on average. Not including his plan to get rid of the AMT(Alternative Minimum Tax), subtracting another $47,777,777,778 gives us a grand total of $514,444,444,445.

politi-kill.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seriously no one is gonna respond to this, everyone discusses and jumps on the hot button inflamatory issues. But no one will bite on a real debate. I'm dissapointed

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
I decided to add something positive to the election board, since I had spoken out aganist it. I guess it's probably to little too late but maybe it'll bring up a lively discussion. This is but a small portion, the link to the full blog/article/analysis I wrote is at the bottom. And yes I did my research, the math and have listed my sources.

The Budget and our economy. The 2009 Budget approved is going to be 3.1 trillion dollars, with a deficit of 400 billion dollars; meaning we really only have money for a 2.7 trillion dollar budget. But the Iraq war isn't included in the budget.

Now on to John McCains budget. He wants to cut taxes, over the next 9 years, 4.2 trillion dollars. That gives us $466,666,666,667 billion dollars a year on average. Not including his plan to get rid of the AMT(Alternative Minimum Tax), subtracting another $47,777,777,778 gives us a grand total of $514,444,444,445.

Ok. But do you have a point?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well if you actually read the whole blog, it shows John McCains tax policy isn't feasible. I'd rather have people draw there own Conclusions. His economic policy will consist of only Social Security, DOD(and other defense) and Medi-Caire-Medicade. So what's he gonna do cut absolutely everything else. Also, one one line, barely 3 words? You can do better than that. You quoted me more than you said anything.

new topics

top topics

join