It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antichrist Misconceptions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
There are major misconceptions about the Antichrist fuelled up incorrect understanding of scripture and the general American Paranoia websites and mentailty.

Firstly the word Antichrist isnt even in Rev. Only three Beasts. Secondly a major thing to remember is that the world will be totally different when the beast appears.A shadow of its former self. A third of the worlds population will be dead for starters. Massive enviromental changes will take place along with the impact of the Wormwood asteroid.

So the world will be so different then that so many other MAJOR problems and calamities will engulf mankind. Lack of food and clean water , diseases, total break down of society, murders and wars, men will seek death and not find it etc. Plus the two witnesses and their testimony, they will strike the earth with many plagues etc. (note on this, latest delusion among certain christians is that Two Witnesses are a group of people....that even some of them believe they might play a part it in..not just 2 guys, which is a total false teaching and lie!..plus the other delusion that neither of them will know who they are before it happens, another lie seeing as other prophets KNEW that God had called them long before they actually lived their calling, example would be Moses ) Anyway OFF the point ..which is that so much stuff is going to hit this planet during the end times (whenever that will be ) and wave after wave of hardcore stuff, that by the time Beast appears there will be NO faith left as it is.

Notice also how DELUDED and DECEIVED modern day Christianity is...running from one false teaching to another...thinking that God is a means for enrichment etc .. the God most modern day christians would welcome would be a deceiver as they follow FALSE doctrine. Only thing learnt at churchs today is Life skills.

Finally take a look around. Look at how comfortable we are now with all we have. Now imagine when we dont have ANYTHING anymore. No car, technology, no large house, no wealth. How would we fair in that situation?
Thats something else to think about regarding the end of the age, due to the massive displacement of people and wealth that will occur.

This ramble is over !

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You keep speaking of false teachings...

What makes you think anything in the Bible is true? And if you can ascertain the validity of one thing, does this by implication automatically make everything else in this book true? If I say something that's true, does this make everything else I say also true?

Perhaps the entire religion of Christianity was based upon a lie to begin with? It was created to manipulate and control the docile masses perhaps, as it gave all the power to the CHURCH and the CHRUCH-APPOINTED "holy" people. What's more important to you, belief or knowledge? Would you rather believe something, or know it? And if you cannot know it just yet, would you be gullible enough to BELIEVE it?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I made my post within the context of belief in Jesus Christ and Saviour and validity of Holy Scripture. Im not trying to tell people what to believe in, but was referring to something that alot of people believe in, even non Christians..the existance and apperance of a false Messiah during the end times.

A small example of Bible being correct is the creation of the state of Isreal on the EXACT date of the prophecy in the Bible. Everything that was predicted to happen regarding Messiah (in Isaiah for example) was fullfilled by Jesus Christ.

Also the false beliefs today are a result of people applying scripture to suit themselves. Take a look at most modern day churchs, specifically in America and you will find that they teach another Gospel than the original. Actually there are some extreme contradictions that are even mentioned in certain parts of the bible. For example the emphasis on being blessed with material wealth as a sign of God loving you, when Christ himself EXPLICITLY said that if you follow him (genuinly) you must bare a cross and expect to be hated and rejected by the world. (Servant no greater than the master !) Also says that believing in God is no means of material enrichment...says money root of all evil...now take another look at the comercialized churchs of the West.

Finally to totally dismiss an entire religion as a conspiracy is pretty off base. Conspiracies do exsist but not for that length of time. There is a God. Man didnt invent him, God invented us!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Also.. were does it say in the bible that impact of the Wormwood asteroid will happen?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Revelation 8

(10) The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water-- (11) the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.
(12) The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

That's where it mentions the asteroid Wormwood.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
I made my post within the context of belief in Jesus Christ and Saviour and validity of Holy Scripture. Im not trying to tell people what to believe in, but was referring to something that alot of people believe in, even non Christians..the existance and apperance of a false Messiah during the end times.

A small example of Bible being correct is the creation of the state of Isreal on the EXACT date of the prophecy in the Bible. Everything that was predicted to happen regarding Messiah (in Isaiah for example) was fullfilled by Jesus Christ.

Also the false beliefs today are a result of people applying scripture to suit themselves. Take a look at most modern day churchs, specifically in America and you will find that they teach another Gospel than the original. Actually there are some extreme contradictions that are even mentioned in certain parts of the bible. For example the emphasis on being blessed with material wealth as a sign of God loving you, when Christ himself EXPLICITLY said that if you follow him (genuinly) you must bare a cross and expect to be hated and rejected by the world. (Servant no greater than the master !) Also says that believing in God is no means of material enrichment...says money root of all evil...now take another look at the comercialized churchs of the West.

Finally to totally dismiss an entire religion as a conspiracy is pretty off base. Conspiracies do exsist but not for that length of time. There is a God. Man didnt invent him, God invented us!

Man invented religion, and the religious version of God.

You think conspiracies don't exist for that length of time? What makes you say something like THAT? Maybe a little wishful thinking there....

Also, we ARE God, the creator+creation are one and the same. There is absolutely NO difference between us and God, there is no GOD as being a self-aware being, as he is US and vice versa. He is everything, and everything is him. Monotheistic religions, speaking of one separate God (separate from creation), are designed to manipulate and control, nothing else. I've learned this, but many have not. I am not going to try to convince you of this, or "prove" it to you. If you are interested, go out and see for yourself. If you are not interested in finding out the truth, but choose to just accept things because they sound good, that's your choice.

The truth is always out there for those who really seek it. You think conspiracies don't exist that long? Well, our entire existance is an illusion based on mostly LIES to control and feed off of us, as we're SLAVES by choice. This is a rather "lengthy" state of affairs on our world, and existed far longer than many may think. However, time doesn't exist, and logically absolutely CANNOT exist, but in a sense it does.

Think of it like a video tape... if you look at all the frames at the same time, then there is no time as you're aware of them all at once. If you roll it and look at the frames one by one, it creates an illusion of a "passage of time", when it's just your own focus point that's moving through reality, which is simultaneous and eternal at the same time.

This is easy to see if you give it some thought. Now, even if there is time, this also means that God STILL can't create us because he first had to wait around FOREVER to do it... and no one can wait around forever, simpy because eternity is theoretical... if you reach eternity it means it's FINITE and not infinite. That's the whole point. Religious fables of creation are allegorical, and mostly lies. 70% of the Bible is pure bull.

However, those truths that exist, are allegorical and very often do NOT mean what they say word for word. The world wasn't created in 7 Earth days, or 168 Earth hours. How long did God spend waiting before he decided to create the world? Infinity? As you can see, that's a contradiction.

Lucky for us, such a contradiction as time doesn't really exist anyway, but is an illusion that only seems to exist on OUR level of awareness.

So once again, what makes you think that teaching the original scripture is any better than teaching the altered modern versions? Is there more truth in the original? What would make you say that?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
the post is in the context of IF you believe in Jesus, Bible and the Antichrist.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to, if you dont believe in God thats fine, its your right as you know. The first post was about the many many questions on this board and online in general and interest in the Beast of Revelations. My point was IF the is a God and IF Bible is the truth and IF Jesus is Messiah and IF we are living in last days, then the beast comes after a whole load of other tribulations and hardcore hard times unseen in the world up to the point they happen and NEVER to happen again EVER!

So you question the entire Bible and God, my intention was never to do that because its all based on faith, I was posting to all the people so interesting in End TImes and Beast, 666 etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
ShiftTrio
I was told by a very reputable source that Wormwood was in Russia Chernobyl, April 16, 1986.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

the post is in the context of IF you believe in Jesus, Bible and the Antichrist.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to, if you dont believe in God thats fine, its your right as you know. The first post was about the many many questions on this board and online in general and interest in the Beast of Revelations. My point was IF the is a God and IF Bible is the truth and IF Jesus is Messiah and IF we are living in last days, then the beast comes after a whole load of other tribulations and hardcore hard times unseen in the world up to the point they happen and NEVER to happen again EVER!

So you question the entire Bible and God, my intention was never to do that because its all based on faith, I was posting to all the people so interesting in End TImes and Beast, 666 etc.

That's all great, but you stated it as if it was TRUE, you didn't say IF in your first post... you simply said how diluted and deceived modern day Christians are, and how WRONG they are about their ideas about the coming of the Anti-Christ. You forgot to mention in your first post, that everything you say can be just as wrong, as you don't know which predictions are true at all, do you?

Also, it is impossible to predict the future because it is always OPEN and any and all possibilities exist. The thing is, you can predict it and then manipulate events to happen just as you predicted, creating an illusion that you somehow foretold the future. This is of course done by forces beyond humanity, to control us. But this is not the point.

I just wanted to point out that you didn't clear up the fact that you're speaking hypothetically, and not stating it as fact. Also, it is always your choice what to believe and whether to believe anything at all, I simply asked: "Why believe when you can know instead?".

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Believing in God is all about faith though ! Having faith to finish to the end and to receive your reward.

You said that we are God? Read Gensis..couple of pages into it...serpent says the same thing. Man is not God ! (in my humble opinon, based soley on the quality of life on earth for most and mans treatment to man)

I said what i said in original post as i was speaking to people who had some form of faith to start with to want to pursue and study the subject of Antichrist and end times. Sorry I imagined some one like yourself with different beliefs wouldnt even read it , seeing as you dont believe it. But then my post title "Misconceptions of Antichrist" may have played a part in that!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Believing in God is all about faith though ! Having faith to finish to the end and to receive your reward.

Aha! So it's all about reward! Like Pavlov's dog. Someone says the word "God" and we drool at the prospect of the reward, that they say we get. It's all about serving yourSELF, and getting a reward, even if it means giving up knowledge and pretending to go along with some worship... whatever it takes to get that reward! Thanks for pinning the whole basis of religion down for me... I was afraid I was going to have to resort to that myself

You said that we are God? Read Gensis..couple of pages into it...serpent says the same thing. Man is not God ! (in my humble opinon, based soley on the quality of life on earth for most and mans treatment to man)

What do you know about what God is or is not? What I mean is, if there is pain/suffering etc... what makes you think that's not PART of God? Unless of course you have an idea of what God SHOULD BE, and if something doesn't fit that idea it must not be God after all... assumptions are a fun thing aren't they...

I said what i said in original post as i was speaking to people who had some form of faith to start with to want to pursue and study the subject of Antichrist and end times. Sorry I imagined some one like yourself with different beliefs wouldnt even read it , seeing as you dont believe it. But then my post title "Misconceptions of Antichrist" may have played a part in that!!!!!!

Yes it did... you didn't say "possible misconceptions" but declared that they ARE misconceptions. Then you yourself say that wormwood is an asteroid when they clearly say the word STAR in the Bible... maybe a misconception on your part?

You may argue: "YEs but stars don't fall to the ground of the planet."

Then I'd say: "Yes but then you're at a paradox... either disregard the idea that this WORMWOOD STAR is going to actually FALL, or disregard the idea that this wormwood thing is a STAR." Either way, you gotta disregard something, and now you really have no way to be sure do you?

So how do you cleaar up a misconception with a misconception anyway?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Reward is the fullfillment of your faith. Its not doing something to get something, its the consequence of what you believe.I believe that everything you do in life bares fruit, whether evil or good. So those who dont believe will also get a reward for their effort and work in whatever they do. If you do evil you will reap it and that is the reward for the evil you did.

Definition of the word Faith:

Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.

Best example in the bible of faith and explaining its importance is the testimony Stephen gave afterwhich he was stoned to death. Im not posting that here..its too long..but go read it if you want to get the point of why faith is more important than knowledge or knowing!

www.usccb.org... heres a link to Stephen.

Remeber i started this regarding what the bible says about the 666 Beast..which many people believe.

I believe in some stuff you'd say is totally insane such as:
A man died and came back to life 3 days later
This man walked on water
All of this mans miracles

Aswell as

God created everything
Angels have slept with women in the past to produce giants (some kinky sex in that book man!)

For this reason and others God flooded the ENTIRE earth etc

So sure im nuts to believe that but I do believe it
I cant explain why I believe but I do and I always have believed it. That is the measure of faith I was given.

The irony is? THis post was about Revelations a book in which it states that at the end even though incredible things will happen, totally unexplained by science , people will still NOT believe! It is like Jesus said..people have the prophets but they still dont believe.

Also you said earleir NO one can predict the future. God himself has predicted the future. Actually the bible says that God creates the end in the beginning and warns of it , he has complete knowledge of evey single event that occurs. Its plain to see if you read prophecies that have been fullfilled. The bible is 90% Prophecy and Predictions. Remeber the State of Isreal?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The link I posted is Stephans testimony which he die for.
Showing an example of faith and lack of faith.

This is a better example of what i was trying to say about faith:

bible.crosswalk.com...

Thats what its all about.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I should have read this before posting

Please consider how you post in this forum.

Increasingly we have seen here a range of "nuisance" posts.

These seem to fall into 3 types.

Antagonism and abuse directed towards the poster.

Off topic flippancy and smart comments that add nothing to the thread and only break the train of thought.

Top of the head, ill considered birdbrain posts that derail the thread.

I should have read this as ive been dragged off topic.

The topic was about 666 Beast in Rev

Anyone care to share their opinon???

As ive stated i think that all the things that happen before 666 arrival is just as serious and scary as 666 itself.

top topics

join