It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of a bizzarre job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I knew that it had to happen sooner or later. I was hoping that it would have been later but it took place a few days ago. I am no longer a Mock Iraqi for the US Army. I had to turn in my garb a few days ago along with my contractors badge. The job won't be hiring again until springtime and I will have moved roughly 100 miles away from where I am now so I can't work it next year.

For a brief recap for those who don't know. For the last few months my job was to wear Iraqi type clothing (along with other people) and interact with troops undergoing training prior to them going overseas subjecting them to everything from Friendly villagers, Riots, Unfriendly villagers, Mysterious packages, to my trying to give them a gift.

It's been a great job. One that I will surely miss. Soon I'll be re-entering the normal, boring work a day world.

On the bright side, I have some great memories of the most bizarre employment that I've ever had. And actually I have a couple of mementos. I have a couple of Fake Iraqi ID cards with my picture and "Iraqi names" on them. At one point I was "Al-Mosawi Emmar" and at another "Kaliq Al-Waely"

Bizarre and good times.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Deson]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Best of luck to you Deson. I hope you find a great job! SOON! Keep us up to date. If you need to vent, I am a simple U2U away. I mean that.
Stay cool my friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I appreciate the offer. I truly do. Thank you. As far as the vent? Well, in a small way I did earlier about something that was bothering me and I did a MAJOR vent to my friends via e-mail. So I should be ok for the time being. I will however keep your kind offer in mind though.

new topics

join