It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nuts and Bolts Guide to the Presidential Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

A Nuts and Bolts Guide to the Presidential Election

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON — It's finally Election Day, but we've still got hours to go before the votes will be counted and any states are projected to fall into the Democratic or Republican column.

So for political junkies already primed for tonight's results, let’s review some nuts and bolts of the presidential election— plus a few “far-fetched what-if’s,” unlikely hypothetical events that might happen, but probably won’t.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is an excellent little two page primer about our electoral process... what we can expect from both the media and from the process itself as well as some off the wall possiblities.

Its very interesting and I highly recommend reading this before settling down with your favorite munchie and/or posion and watching the political circus unfold.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You actually watch the media circus on election night? No way, Jose! After the kids go to bed my wife has a book she's been reading, I have the wireless XBOX 360 controller charged up, she's going to read and I'm going to occupy myself with an evening of Fallout 3 or GTA 4. I will not be surprised tomorrow morning to see the news that the election is still too close to call and Obama's legal team is planning lawsuits while McCain's team is declaring victory or vice-versa. The 2000 never ending recount until the result magically changes litigation and nonsense ushered in a horrible precident which I fear will forever become the standard operating procedure for future elections...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't plan to watch it all... just poke my head in every once and awhile just to see how its going.

And I expect to see a clear and decisive win for Obama. Split elections are a detriment to our country, and should McCain win I hope the same.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree with the clear win statement. I just don't think it's possible with such a fractured nation as what we have.

top topics

join