It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Panthers Block GOP Access to Philadelphia Poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
nobody answered my ? is it legal for the news to tape you without your permission

I don't know the law on this

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If obama wins, it will empower these types, to think they are in some sort of power position.

Are you suggesting Obama is controlling the black people in the UK, too?

I know you're not saying that, but to say that Obama has something to do with IS racist. I'm sorry. Some thugs think they can use Obama's race to make a statement, but what they're doing is WRONG. And needs to be dealt with on its own.

We can't sit back and say, "If Obama wins, black people are going to rise up, so we better not let Obama win"! That's fear-mongering. It's not his fault that there are jerks in the world. And I know there are some angry black people out there! I've met them. I've dealt with them. But the answer isn't to keep Obama from reaching his goals because someone of the same race is a jerk.

There are criminals and they need to be dealt with separate from the fact that a black man is running for president.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Even Hewy Newton, the cofounder and leader of the black panthers in the 60s has condemned the nbpp for using their name in this statement taken from wiki.

As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the [Dr. Huey P. Newton] Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn... [T]hey denigrate the Party's name by promoting concepts absolutely counter to the revolutionary principles on which the Party was founded... The Black Panthers were never a group of angry young militants full of fury toward the "white establishment." The Party operated on love for black people, not hatred of white people.

Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation: "There Is No New Black Panther Party"

Wiki/NBPP

[edit on 4-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Yes, they where within their legal rights to video tape them.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

If your standing on public property, yes, you are fair game!

Zindo

link   
This is BS GOP posturing.

People are letting fear get to them and using it as a last minute tactic to rouse emotions.

It's widely known that the "real" Philadelphia "New Black Panther Party" does not even support Obama.

* Leader of Philadelphia New Black Panther Party on Barack Obama and voting: "He's a puppet on a string. I don't support no black man running for white politics. I will not vote for who will be the next slavemaster."

The Philadelphia Black Panthers have *no* reason to poll-block.

Don't believe the media circus. Just because it's on youTube doesn't mean that the headline is true.

This wasn't a case of 'blacks intimidating whites'

It was a case of 1 guy standing in front of a building.
Maybe he was dressed militantly. But he lived in that building. This was his neighborhood. People polling at that place, neighborhood folks, most probably know him, or have seen him before. So who did he really intimidate? Outsiders. People who weren't even voting at that polling place. People who have never been to that neighborhood, or any other that have more than 1 black family within 20 square miles of their residence.

ahh men

What wo

link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
nobody answered my ? is it legal for the news to tape you without your permission

I don't know the law on this

You aren't reading very well. Not only is your question answered early in the thread, but 2 people responded to your question. Also, in the second video the reporter reports that they and the civilians were within their rights.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

Dr. Newton is a stright up guy. i think its him that said, (I paraphrase)

'To act violently out of frustration is to denegrate your cause and yourself!"

Zindo

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't see what the big fuss is....these two men are just part of Obama's Civilian Security Force....nothing to be worried about.

Honestly though, who at this polling place thought it was safe, ok, good, proper ect. to allow 2 military like garbed men, one with a billy club, to stand watch outside a polling place? Real genius action there. Maybe they should have some skinheads stand watch at some polling places as well for the fairness doctrine.

It's not that the men might have intimidated anyone, it's that they had the opportunity to even try that kind of stunt. Again, would it have been alright for a white supremacy group to have two men in front of a polling station doing the same thing as long as one of the men was a poll watcher?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
According to the video, and fox news guy, nobody was blocked from voting. Nor did anybody express fear of intimidation, except the student who was not there to vote. This looks like setup to me. hmmm. if it was the Black Panthers they would be organized and more widespread. Fox had to find something to counter the 1 machine per 500 voter issues in Florida.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
sorry I missed that

thank you for clearing that up

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Yes, he is a smart man. I agree. Iam glad that he doesn't condone these guys whatsoever. That statement made by Newton alone should really tell them something.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While these guys do look a little intimidating, they are also in an area of North Philadelphia where the majority of residents are African-American, and they are outside of a nursing home, which is full of sick people and various drugs (possibly a taget for some people who think they can get inside someplace that is probably locked down most of the time). I don't know who exactly they are scaring from voting, since Philly votes overwhelmingly Democratic and I would expect this neighborhood in North Philadelphia to do so also. I agree nobody should be at a polling place with a stick, but as a Philly local I have a hard time believing that this is some organized "anti-GOP, scare the white people tactic". Probably just a couple of guys who got a little carried away and the guy with the nightstick apparently left without any incident when he was asked.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I was watching fox news at the time and the black panthers were not doing anything wrong or illegal

Wrong.

Attempted intimidation of voters is a federal felony, with a huge fine and five years in a federal prison.

They are felons, documented on tape.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I only wish they had some of these clowns in this part of the state. Would've made the whole voting experience a little more exciting.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I was watching fox news at the time and the black panthers were not doing anything wrong or illegal

Voter intimidation is illegal.
So is carrying a weapon to the voting polls.

So they did two things illegal.

And one of the guys is a poll worker!

(that's what the TV news said)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"It is a federal and state crime to threaten or intimidate voters. Under California state law, threatening voters is a felony punishable by 16 months to 3 years in prison. The same penalty applies to anyone who "who hires or arranges for any other person" to make such threats."

Is Hussien going to grant them immunity?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
I only wish they had some of these clowns in this part of the state. Would've made the whole voting experience a little more exciting.

Oh, I couldn't agree more.
My pepper spray would of had a field day with these guys if they tried to pull something.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719 I dont see Obama condemning the actions of these Black Panther racists so I would assume that he agrees with what they are doing.

Neither do I see McCain, George Bush, the Pope, Pamela Anderson or the Pilsbury Dough Boy...might I make the same assumption?

I'll be glad when this night's over.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Bear foggers work pretty well too.

How can this get buried and covered up by the media?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join