It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Didn't Vote.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I remember people like you telling me it wouldn't matter if it was Bush or Gore! Well there was a difference!

There's the difference...I'm not telling you what to think or believe.

I stated my opinion.

Isn't that what the election process is all about? Stating opinions?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well I voted, I had to vote my heart and the issues and it came down to RON PAUL............I don't regret it at all.........

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

wow nice comback.

well I guess you don't understand a real dictatorship.

if so you will know from having bush elected in 2 shows that voting is not showing your voice.

so why this time around it's different???

it's not the president that creates this real dictatorship. It's people that are in the gov that have special interests they look for ways to make the president and many others be in favor of their idea.

it's a struggle in Washington.

just look at the bail out deal the gov notice AIG withing weeks getting that bail out the CEO and many others went on a luxury vacation with out tax payers money.

That shows the problem.

These big corporations have connections in the white house and has a bigger voice then the middle and poor class people.

Money=Power.

The more money you have .. the more power you have in this country.

Just look at all this big corps and just look out for how they play their game in Washington.

GM has contracts to old workers to provide health care yet now they are slowly trying to get rid of that.

Gm and many big corporations has power because they have alot of money and are huge.

Now where is my bail out???

I am just saying you really need to look at the overall problem we face.

it's the government itself.

Obama can't do much changes dues to powerful special interests groups has their way to manipulate him.

This will happen in my opinion.

So if you think your vote counts think again. If you vote you will be blamed if that person gets in office and screws up this country some more.

I seriously believe that who ever voted for bush twice should be the onces you should pay off all the debt that bush gave to America.

I mean you voted him in and you would have to clean up his mess.

I admire anyone on here who didn't vote. I would say that it's very easy to fall for the election.

People think their voice gets heard yet they themselves don't know how the vote gets counted and don't see what goes on in the white house and the overall gov.

If you see what we see they will hopefully understand why we won't vote.

it's waste of time and can't do much.

We already experience a real dictatorship with the bail out. I notice alot of people calling their senators asking to not vote for the bail out.
and yet they did the opposite.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was thinking of not voting, but I did at the last minute. I voted 3rd party. I have no problem with you not voting. In fact when people cry and say its your civic duty to vote and that people died for your right to vote, I respond with "they also died for our right not to vote!"
This is America and you can do whatever the hell you want, and if people say you cant complain then they should go f#ck themselves!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you don't vote then you don't matter!

Sorry had to use that one.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
TPTB do not take such chances. They are not gamblers. If the electoral process at the highest level was not a rigged and foregone conclusion from the beginning, more people on the ballot would get air time and debate time. Open forum debates with all of the candidates went away a long time ago because there is always a candidate that speaks the truth in a live and open forum and asks challenging questions of the other candidates and citizenry. The closer we get to global domination, the worse this process gets.

i've been saying this for a long time. isn't it completely obvious to some people?! or are they seriously THAT blind!?!? it's PAINFULLY obvious to me, but i'm not one who is very susceptible to mind control/propaganda/bs.....

Besides, my write-in candidate is not going to win. I tried to get the word out about Bugs and Daffy, but I doubt many heard my message.

ditto. however i did vote. if i am able to, why not? it's like if someone is giving away free samples, why not take one? it's not costing me anything but a few minutes of my time.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, whoever wins will probably try and fix the economy with the "One World Order" BS. Too many majority leaders agree on that and have plans for it from way back. They will intigrate whatever plans that are put forth into turning it all around for our "good". Just beware.......history sometimes repeats itself. Assassinations can happen. Remember JFK. Conspiracy theories are inummerable. Funny....my code word for posting is...."Illuminati" How quaint.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, It looks like someone named Barack won. Be ready for the end.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
vote or no vote, here in Harlem, NYC people are on the streets jubilant, happy for the win of Obama of the presidency of the United State.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We should impeach Bush on December 21, 2008. That would give Obama exactly four years.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Why do you think that the 'Powers That Be' would accept any percentage of chance regarding the leadership of this nation?

I agree, I don't think the powers that be would accept any percentage of chance regarding the leadership of this nation.

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Why is it then relevant to place a vote for one of two individuals likley conditioned and prepped for the role of such a vaunted position?

Well, because even though this may be a conspiracy site, not everything is a conspiracy. For your logic to work, you have to assume that both candidates are conditioned and prepped as they would be in your conspiracy theory.

What if it's not a conspiracy? Then you didn't vote because... why? Your reason is out the window if the election isn't a conspiracy. Sooo... if you vote in a conspiracy and your vote is just as worthless as not voting, then you don't actually lose anything by voting anyway so you may as well do it, because the smallest possibility that you're wrong means you didn't vote when you could have.

I think it's a risk vs reward thing. =)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why bother voting? With the electoral college in place our votes don't mean a damn thing. Also I believe that the president is chosen months or even years prior to an election. The election system in the US as it stands is a farce to make the common people believe their leader is actually voted into office, when he is actually chosen by the powers that be long before an election takes place. just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Obama and McCain are two sides of the same worthless coin.

Talk about inflation...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I feel the same way as many of you in that voting seems to be a waste of time. Just remember, keep every bit of control you have and exercise your rights to the fullest. It might be the last chance you get.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Tens of millions of Americans can vote but choose not to. They are castigated by their peers, but they have the right idea. We’re told that if you don’t vote you can’t complain, but voting, at least for the major parties, does not register much of a complaint at all. You might think you’re voting against the war or tax hikes, but it will instead be counted as just another voice of unity behind the dictatorial mandates of the chosen leader.

that was a selection from The Insanity of Mass Democracy

Is there a case to be made for voting? Indeed there is, if one believes that social order is a quality that can be instilled, by violence and other coercive means, by political authorities. I do not accept this proposition. To the contrary, I believe that social order is the product of unseen, spontaneous influences of which most of us are not consciously aware. The study of economics helped me to understand how we respond, marginally, to fluctuations that are continuously generated by one another’s self-seeking pursuits. I also came to understand that politics – like a rock thrown through a spider’s web – disrupts these informal processes as well as the existing patterns of interconnectedness upon which any social order depends.

from here
Why I Do Not Vote

This brings us to a word far too common, "taxation." In the current political climate, "taxation" means paying one's "fair share." It is unconscionable that Americans have arrived in a circumstance in which a man can be forced at gunpoint to surrender half of what is rightly his. The claim then, is this: that he was simply "discharging the debt he justly and honestly owed as his portion," or, in other words, "paying his fair share." Upon what justification does anyone owe this debt? The only foundation upon which this claim can be made is the underlying immoral selfishness of mankind.

lastly from this article Voting Is ImmoralVoting Is Immoral

The thing that mostly turned me off was the implication that I'm either a racist or a male chauvinist no matter whom I vote for, no thanks, the only winning move in that kind of Jerry Springer style election would be not to play. The whole thing appears so much more like a circus or an episode of Montel or the TV courtroom soap operas, which are now like romance soap operas that I just couldn't hold my nose and vote. I've voted in every election since I turned 18 in 1992, for democrats and republicans, now I've come torealize my worst fears and that will be the American denial of individuality in the form of a uncriticizable elected, the kind of president criminals would collude in order to have in power, so that all critics are in some way "racist" and "hateful" or "intolerant" of such inanity disguised as leadership. We have a McDonalds presidency for a fast food nation, it maybe wont be too long before we exclude those areas that didn't vote for the king from the union. Diversity can be beautiful but alas beauty maybe in the eye of the beholder, tolerance can quickly turn into tension and chaos. The last time we flirted with large government we went to war, so everything people complained about during Bush, might become multipled exponentially under Obama in order to contradict and screw over his followers as was done by the globalists and Bush with his cronies to his faithful.
I see another set of wishful thinkers getting what they tought would be something else and later regretting the choice, that seems to usually turn out to be the case. It will be interesting to see just what passes for acceptability in a world where mild disagreement brings about the most baseless trashy Jerry Springer style press behavior, since that seems to have gotten this group of political something for nothings elected.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Thanks for that, matey. Often times in expressing my views to others I forget that the way I communicate internally is rather not how to convey my beliefs and experiences.

I see Sen Obama has won. Frak all the protest, an honest to god Son of a Kansas Woman won the White House!? That is more of a reason to shout than his dad being an African. He does/did have a struggle inside of his "small brain" (like his "real" identity, the overlogic?) over that I am for sure, and no matter whose agenda he his played to, I am glad that no one made a row over his past that mattered much.

HAHA I could talk about the "anti-christ" and the mark there of..mods hack me out if I am offending... You show the mark for the beast by using your hand to vote for him, in the minds of many he is the perfect man - sizzlefitz, let's all go to hel

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I didn't vote either, and neither did my husband, i will have to tell him the bad news, that man we feared would be president is president. I am very scared for my country, and what he represents. I don't trust him, and it scares me how people think he is like a God! I may be reading the bible a lot and praying again!!
i don't think he will do anything he says he will do. that's my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It is my observation that the whole process of casting a vote in the current system is more akin to subduing to the illusion of actually having a choice or making a difference. It's a very well designed scheme where people actually believe they still have some control over important issues, but are in fact choosing between two predetermined candidates both of whom are sponsored by the same profit seeking entities.

A company I used to work for gave substantial contributions to both sides, Democrat and Republican, so I once asked why? "So that no matter who wins, we can still call in a favor should we need one."

Smart really. Whats a few hundred thousand dollars? Or millions?

Both mainstream candidates are being payed for by the same people. The winner is the one who gets more funds, runs more commercials and a more successful propaganda campaign against the opponent. Ultimately they are both indebted to the same corporations that actually run the show.

Additionally, why are political campaigns similar to rock concerts? I mean is it really necessary to drop 12 thousand balloons on every rally?... or is that just a cheap party trick meant to hypnotize the weak-minded crowds?

All in all it just show-business. It's not real. It's just a movie version.

Hugs all around.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

** Nice guns ya got there....hope ya get to keep em.

I wouldn't walk across the street to vote for any of our local issues or politicians. This is my right....to move to the mountains...grow my own veggies, exercise my right to declare myself a free and independant kuntry.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I didn't vote, don't vote, have NEVER voted and will NEVER vote as long as I live.

I honestly can't believe people are so pathetically gullible to think that their vote actually will change anything.

If Voting changed ANYTHING, it would be ILLEGAL

Honestly, how would you truly know who won the election. You're only taking the words of these people. It's not as if everyone in the country gets to go over the ballots to see the results. More American Propoganda B/S.

They do what they want. They make the laws and break the laws and are NEVER held accountable. They are CRIMINALS. Every last one of them.

As far as I'm concerned, everybody should do whatever they want. Why follow laws if THEY don't?

I truly can't belive some people honestly DON"T see the big picture. Take a deep breath and step outside the box. Clear your mind and see reality, not the dillusional reqality your mind has been programmed to believe.

Wake up you LAB RATS

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Revealation]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join