It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed UFO on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Very interesting pictures, hadnt seen these before, thanks for the post

Well, looking at it, it is hard to tell, as noted before, because its not extremely close detail. The object does appear to be rather aerodynamic. On earth, such aerodynamic shapes can occur in nature, mainly in highly arid areas with a good deal of windblown abrasives.

However, I have serious doubt as to the ability of Martian winds to do significant aerodynamic scouring of objects... yes, wind velocities are very high on mars, however, due to the extremely low atmospheric pressure (1/100 of earth pressure) the potential sand load is very limited.

I notice that the area in front of the object seems undisturbed, with what appears to be a shockwave induced wake behind it. This certainly makes it appear to be something that dropped on the surface at a flat angle. However, if it is an impactor, it would have had to come to rest at very low relative velocity, since it is largely intact, and there are no signs of significant material being rolled up in front of the object and ejected forward of the object on impact.

Also, this does NOT appear to be a natural object with wind blown debris built up around it: the "wake" behind it fans out away from the object: This is indicative of some kind of impact shockwave. If it were a stationary object that acted to allow wind blown debris to build up around it, and sheltered the lee side, it would form a narrowing tail as the winds began to wrap around the back side of the object. The wake shape would be reverse of what is shown.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Its a rock (IMHO)

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
its a shame another more up to date picture of the same area is not available. I get the feeling it would resolve it fully

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
In the University where I'm studying we have a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Center and I have seen lots of satellite pictures of Earth's surface. And looking at this martian photo I can only say that "it" can be anything, from a meteorite to a mountain.
To identify the object accurately we'll need a picture with more definition, and a enlargement of the area, as well as the scale of the picture to identify the "object" dimensions.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I posted this months ago and got completely lambasted by the ATS community. I'm glad there is a more open response this time.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hey MS did n`t see that thread until long after I started that although judging from the very unconstructive comments people like Tyler gave I`m glad I did this.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

MS you did n`t say what you think of the image, are you a believer or non believer?

I`ve got the MSSS site up now and I am looking to see if another image of the same place is available. Not sure how it all works so don`t know if this is possible.

(Cheers to dragonrider for dragging the subject back up again I`d quite forgotten about it)

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It is a compelling picture, which seems out of place with the surroundings. I would like to believe it is something unnatural but will need some higher resolution photos, to make up my mind.
I wonder if NASA would send up one of it's remote controlled drones to have a look.

I'm glad you posted it Cassini, it deserves another look.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
going off on a slight tangent here.

on the page referenced, if you scolldown to the second picture to show the anomaly in a greater context of its surroundings. Are the craters shown actually craters, or some artifact of the image itself. What struck me was that they are almost equidistant from each other to form triangles... anyone know more? The pic itself didn't reference these craters... if it isn't an image artifact then what are the chances of that happening?

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the only logical conclusion, looking at the pictures on the MSSS site is that they are products of the photos, not a feature of Martian terrain. The MSSS photos are not square straight on pics.

If this is aything else I`m sure someone will shout, someone will probably stop by to tell one of us how stupid we are

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
What about the shape? does n`t look like many rock formations I`ve seen.

haha.. well duh. let's see.. we live on earth, not mars... don't you think it is possible that there are different formations of rock all over the solar system? c'mon now.. use some common sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"haha.. well duh. let's see.. we live on earth, not mars... don't you think it is possible that there are different formations of rock all over the solar system? c'mon now.. use some common sense"

in an infinite universe anything may be possible, however we are talking about one instance and a shape that looks remarkably like an alleged US gov secret UFO, the TR-3b.

If we were on mars looking at a plane on earth there would still be some idiot who dismisses it as being a natural formation because " don't you think it is possible that there are different formations of rock all over the solar system?"

What is immeadiately obvious is that you have not read the whole thread. Please do so.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is one the newer members may not have seen before so I thought I`d re-open the thread to new discussion if anyones game. New thoughts or feelings appreciated.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i highly doubt its just wind formations from the high velocities on mars, its clearly something buried under that has made impact on the planet. judging from the trail it leaves describes that it may be a craft. we dont know the rock formations or how hard the grounds are on the martian planet. my vote goes towards something they dont want us knowing about. i mean come on, havent yall seen pictures of phobos?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Despite everything that has been said on this so far I`m still gonna keep an open mind on this one. Ocelots post on ATSNN yesterday about the possible meteor/UFO/whatever seen by the Mars lander has re-ignited my interest in this subject

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The problem I see with this whole thing is that, no matter what we "believe, we won't know for sure until we get there. We could all get on the band wagon and truly believe it is a spaceship, but until we find out by laying on hands, it is as presumptuous to believe in the tooth fairy (Well, perhaps not quite, as I've seen the tooth fairy ...
)

If you get out and look at nature here on Earth you will see some truly anomylous and bizarre things.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Long time no Update ?
Are there any updates on this object?
Also any new links to the photos as the originals seem to have gone ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join