It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Witnessed Sucking Up Water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Much of my family lives on the west coast of Wales and three of them have witnessed what could be called UFOs. The classic object flying in the direction of what appears to be the ground and then suddenly shooting up at an unbelievable rate into the sky.

It was something that she witnessed last week which has really freaked her out . She awoke at about 3am and went to the toilet. She washed her hands and something caught her eye. A triangular ship with lights at the three corners was hovering over the sea and appeared to be sucking water on board. She stood there for 20 seconds, transfixed and then it promptly disappeared.

I mentioned to her that I am a member of ATS, we both wondered if anyone had an inkling of what was going on here?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sounds fascinating, ive found this video, about a UFO incident witnessed by many where it too was seen sucking up water, and also putting it back when finished, i take it the witness only saw the UFO suck it up?

Its not the same shape, but obviously theres a universal reason why they do this.

Background story on this video.

A number of Australian eyewitnesses come forward with their account of what took place in Central Coast, New South ... Wales from December 1995-January 1996. Many reported seeing a huge shiny ball-shaped UFO which had lights underneath. The object would also hover over water and seemed to suck water up into the air then into the UFO. Despite enquiries with local airports, air traffic control and the airforce, Australian investigators Bryan Dickeson and Moira McGhee could not find an explanation for what witnesses had seen. Bryan Dickeson and Moira McGhee, collected the reports from this mass sighting and published them in a book entitled the "Gosford Files".

Mass Sighting Of UFO Sucking Up Water

Also searching on ATS brings up several threads on this subject, and one comment stood out to me, credit goes to Tiloke.

It may have been extracting "heavy water" from the seawater. Heavy water, or deuterium oxide, is needed for many applications inside a nuclear reactor, as well in the creation of tritium used in "perma-glow" pistol sights. The most common way of obtaining deuterium oxide is to extract it from regular water. To someone just watching, it would look like "all" the water would be returned to the sea as only 1 part per 3200 is "heavy"

Wikipedia on Heavy Water

Actually after looking through the whole thread on there, there is some really good posts and information, with photo's of some UFO's snapped while in the process of doing so.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
maybe they are trying to help us avoid rising sea levels? who knows.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I just watched a show last nite on Nazi UFO's. And the way that they explained it, the Nazi Bell UFO defied gravity by creating a tornado around itself generating lift.

Assuming that were possible, if it were close enough to a water source the tornado effect would most likely suck in water from its surroundings.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know! They were sucking up jellyfish to dump on this guy's car!
Link to thread

OK seriously, I could be wrong, but I have come to believe that the triangular craft are manmade Aurora or similar planes/spacecraft. I suppose there's no monopoly on the triangle shape, though, so it might be an ET craft. Weird, I wonder why they would want to suck up our water. Are they abducting dolphins too?

Maybe they know the earth is about to be destroyed and they are collecting sea life to make an ark of sorts.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is a stupid answer but:

Water as an energy source? Fusion possibly?

Maybe it would explain why they seem to be so interested in our planet?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

i would have imagined it would be a hell of a lot easier to produce heavy water from available elements abundant in the universe than to fly the minimum of 10 light years to earth, suck up sea water, remove the saline and other components to make "pure" water, reduce it to leave only the heavy molecules and then dump all the normal stuff back into the sea.

come to think of it, there's got to be at least one planetoid or asteroid or such made of pure heavy water in the solar system.

if you want to know what the diddly really is i'll refer you back to the immortal words of mr. adams, "so long and thanks for all the fish".

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Well maybe they weren't extra terrestrial, maybe they were one of ours, and the water is seen as a fuel stop off point....

Just an idea, but yes if they were alien, the idea i posted by another member doesn't really hold water, sorry for the pun lol...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Thanks, excellent response, if I knew how to star you I would.

This does seem feasible to me, i mean, she was a distance from the craft and so it may have actually been discharging water at that point ready to take off.

Other UFOs seen that I mentioned dive bombing into the floor in my opinion are using some sort of natural energy to power themselves. For example, They seem to always be near the node point of ley lines (a crossing) and maybe they are actually using the earth energy or chi I suppose.

Or they could be using the gravitational field of the earth to catapult themselves into space.

To follow this logic further, that would mean that this UFO was potentially man made. I have heard a couple of crazy theories that the government is trying to store huge volumes of water on the moon.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Sucking up water?

Seems like the 'UFO' propulsion engines are powered by liquid hydrogen.

Perhaps your contact just witnessed a UFO refuelling.

With liquid hydrogen powered cars on the way we might be doing that too soon.

See, perhaps it's not so extra-terrestrial after all!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Interesting point but are the aliens really taking welsh sea food 1 million miles back home. I mean they may have intergalactic propulsion units but can they keep lobster on ice for that long and at what cost?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
it's a line from a book called "the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy", earth is about to be destroyed to allow for an intergalactic highway and, in preparation for this, all the dolphins in the world disappear, leaving the cryptic message "so long, and thanks for all the fish", or something to that effect.

top topics

join