It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something strange in scotland

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

dog soldiers ? the film are you trying to joke around?
Or do you mean where the film was set.

And it was not what i stumbled acroos, it was what my grandad, my mum,uncle grandma and my grandads brother stumbled across.

I'm sorry i could not provide hard evidence for you due to the fact this occured a long time ago, i wish i could really, i wish i could convince the skeptical people this story was true.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

WTF ?????????????

there is NO ` B roads short cut ` from spean bridge [ spelt correctly ] to inverness - its the A82 or a massive diversion across country - just look at the map FFS

and please dont try to pretend that the B862 / B852 is any sort of " short cut " - its both longer and slower than the main road

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well as has been pointed out British do training there I heard the Irish army did years ago... buuut thats kind of unfounded. If your grandfather met 3 helicopters surely he did not 'stumble' upon them, surely he heard them?
Anyway Scotland has secrets

Originally posted by predisposed
DO you think that someone who is dressed in black trousers cant see their legs if they go out at night? Granted it maybe harder.

They can but they only know the colour because they put them on

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I don't know scotland myself !

he said it was a b road for sure this was f***in 30 years ago

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There are no military bases - secret or otherwise - in the Highlands. Nor are any parts of the Highlands used for ground based training exercises involving guns. The armed forces do carry out some small scale fitness/survival training exercises (and occasionally use bothies - though in such cases they cannot prevent other people using those bothies at the same time.) But that's all.

In autumn walkers are advised to avoid the hills where deer stalking is in progress because there is a risk of being accidently shot by a rich German with poor eyesight ...... but that's as far as it goes.

I guess its possible he accidently turned down a private Estate road and encountered a stalking party whose guests had just arrived at the Lodge by helicopter? Though if this was at night that seems unlikely.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
There are no military bases - secret or otherwise - in the Highlands. Nor are any parts of the Highlands used for ground based training exercises involving guns.

There may not me bases in the Highlands,but there are two base very very close to the highland border. Both about 30 miles from the highland/Grampian Border in Morayshire.

RAF Kinloss
www.raf.mod.uk...

RAF Lossiemouth
www.raf.mod.uk...

I can also tell you they do lots and lots of exercises in the highlands and not just from those 2 base but from all over the UK. As for them not using guns in there exercises, I am sure they do, I will try and ask and found out for sure. We have jets and helicopter flying over the Highlands all the time.

They also did Joint Warrior, which involves UK forces and, amongst others, those of the USA, France and Turkey which was up in the highlands some time ago, I would have thought they would have had guns at that?

and the funny thing about joint warrior, is Essential Joint Firing Exercises will take place at Cape Wrath in Scotland and Castle Martin and Sennybridge

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freemindmine
I can also tell you they do lots and lots of exercises in the highlands and not just from those 2 base but from all over the UK.

Not on the ground - except of course Mountain Rescue exercises carried out from Kinloss

As for them not using guns in there exercises, I am sure they do

I'm quite certain they don't carry guns on mountain rescue exercises
Nor on other training exercises like building bridges over remote burns or carrying materials in for an MBA workparty. Weapons and live ammunition are only used when exercising on army training grounds - like Sennybridge, Warcop and Tain. Not when roaming privately owned land.

I believe they do have land based observers during exercises at the Cape Wrath firing range - but again, no ground troops.

The Highland are used extensively for air force training exercises though - and I've often looked down on fighters screaming up a glen 1,000 feet below me .....

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

So in Oct 08 for Joint warrior, they never used or carried guns? Not much of a joint war game, if they did 't. Also lets not forget the OP said this was over 30 years ago, I have no idea what they were up to then in the Highlands.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
like i said this is not what happened to me however it's what happened to my granddad and my mum ect.

And yes this was 30 years ago.

to be honest i don't care what people think about this story, but possibly there could be bases up in Scotland, especially the highlands no one knows yanoe and my grandad possibly ran into a secret operation that was under go 30 years ago, bare in mind this was along time age things do change and there could still well be a secret base in scotland.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

I say thanks for sharing, I have no reason not to believe you or your grandad , I would just say the next time you start a thread, make sure you have all the facts first, some will doubt you if not.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Intresting story!

Am sure there are secret military bases up in the highlands. Just because there not listed on the internet don't mean there not there. We really dont have a clue whats goes on!

I have been to the highlands many times and everytime i go theres allways something military i see. Its the most isolated place in the UK.

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by freemindmine
reply to post by Essan

So in Oct 08 for Joint warrior, they never used or carried guns? Not much of a joint war game, if they did 't.

Not in the Highlands they didn't. You yourself posted it: the ground fighting parts of the exercise took place at the Army training grounds at Sennybridge - in Wales.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yea I did! You are right, the troops were in Wales and not in the highlands,
I was wrong , should read what I write !

I bet the Pilots carried hand guns, does that count!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtaftm
My grandad was driving though up the highlands, midway north,east area, was a long time ago and due to my grandad taking alot of medication memory is not as good as it used to be,

However i wouldn't disapprove my grandad.

But it was like the 1980's or something, but i can remeber hime telling me going though up to the highlands to take a shortcut to somewhere, and went through a gat,, then helicopters came and did get forced to move from the site hence the shoot , very strict he said but i don't know as i was not there.

You say here, the 1980's.

It would'nt be around 1982 by chance?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Could well of been.

i would give you the exact date if i was with my grandad, but i aint at the minute.

but thanks for all the open minded people

ps. this could happen to anyone, you don't have to belive just take this in fact that this just occured to my grandad due to taking a shortcut lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join