It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico: Election results to be tallied in home basement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah it no joke.... check out this news story

Election night results from the secretary of state's office won't be tallied in Santa Fe. They'll be tallied by computers in the basement of a house just outside of Albuquerque. And not everyone is a big fan of the idea.

After several phone calls, New Mexico Secretary of State Mary Herrera explained why a home-based computer company is doing the state's job of collecting unofficial election night numbers.

"Right now it's cost effective for the tax payers. This is the best system to use right now, especially because they're unofficial results. They can't manipulate the system," Herrerra said.

She says the $19,000 cost to taxpayers is a good deal because the state doesn't have the money to buy and operate computers like the ones in the Ryan's home basement. And the secretary of state says there is no controversy because Auburn Seewolf only receives copies of official voting data from county clerks.

"Keep in mind, it's a duplicate file, not the original file. The original file is kept with the county clerks and the memory cards are kept with the county clerks and that is what we canvass with," Herrerra said.

So what do you all think? is this cool to let a home basement based business tally even if they are "Unofficial results"????

Full story and Vid here

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well New Mexico is bass ackwards in just about every aspect of their government. i can personally attest to this. If you want to know why, U2U me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We are also very poor as a state. I can attest to that.

For "unofficial results" I'm not too concerned about it. It's a home office. Saying it's "in the basement" sounds weird, but many people have home offices.
In their basements.

I mean, really... Does it matter where the computer is located?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Still these "Unofficial results" we be the ones posted to the states web site and the media will report those numbers....

it would be all that hard to skew said "Unofficial results" long enough to make people think someone else is winning...

new topics

top topics

join