It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Election Results: 333 Electoral Votes @ 11PM EST

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow, this was the most inspiring speech I've ever heard in my short lifetime. I'm glad to have been privileged enough to have not only seen but participated in this piece of history. I feel slightly less cynical knowing the people won't fall for the neo-con agenda every time. He may not be perfect, but he's the best, smartest guy we've had since kennedy and FDR. People should stop being so damn cynical and give him a chance. Give peace a chance while you're at it.

He may not be able to accomplish everything that needs to be done but there is a sense of hope, and that's a good start. If we didn't have hope, and each other, then what would we have? What a monumental moment in history we just saw. Maybe, just maybe, at this tremendous crossroads in our history, we will actually turn things around and somehow pull this one out. Could he be the Jeffersonian president? With some luck he just might dismantle the federal reserve, rampant consumerism, corporate corruption, illegal wars, spying, and torture, and revamp our standing in the world. I can't say for sure, but maybe, just maybe this will lead to us, including the world, coming together and reaching for the stars, figuratively and literally. Good luck, and good night.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Oh, don't for a minute think that Bush doesn't still have at least one major *snip* left in him! The nightmare isn't over until Obama is sworn in, and that's still over two and a half months away! Now more than ever we need to cross our fingers and hope General George doesn't make things worse!!!

====
Mod Edit:
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm sitting here...2000 miles away...and I'm thinking...what went wrong?

This thread is growing remarkably fast. Most of the posts support Obama 100%. Others say in a nutshell, "don't let your guard down." And others down right praise the man and thank the powers for his leadership.

I'm baffled as to why so few see it. I live in Trinidad...I'm not even American and I can see right through there predictable, but so very well executed plot.

The people who have their hopes up...through the roof, will be broken down the hardest. As a matter of fact...I think I see how good of a thing it is that Obama won. If McCain won...and America heads where it is currently heading(No, Obama didn't and won't put the train on the right track)...it won't shock people as much. When the train crashes...and Obama is up at front, taking orders from the engineers and the folks who gave him the co-ordinates...the passengers just might actually do something when all of their dreams turn into nightmares by the man in the dream wearing the white robe(Obama). I think Obama will be what Americans need to truly wake up. When your hero turns on you...only then will you realize who's really supposed to be in charge...and that is YOU! The problem with other Presidents lately(even McCain), is that they cannot be viewed as heros...and when you're let down by something you're expecting to let you down...it never really hits home the way it should.

I'll end by saying...I believe the majority voted for Obama. However, I strongly believe that if the majority voted for John McCain...Obama would still win.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
it was expected that republicans would be disapointed and there would be sour grapes, if the republicans would have got in things would have gotten worse.

im not saying obama will fix everything but its a start, and it shows the rest of the world the people of the US much like their counterparts in the UK and Australia are able to look beyond the fear mongering tactics of the financial and social elites to elect someone who has the potential to lead the US back to its former glory of which it has lost so much of over the last eight years.

and as for the 1-2 who are griping about the NWO it doesnt matter who would have one you would have been whinging about it, but reality is only 1 of 2 people were going to win so you were always going to be disapointed with the result, toughen up or move to mars

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
At 9:15pm Pacific Time on Tuesday, November 4, 2008 I had just finished
watching a live speech on CNN that was an illustrious demonstration of the
spirit of the greatest nation on Earth. The 44th President of the United States
of America, Barak Obama, becomes a new hope for a nation currently
besieged and uncertain.

Today I witnessed history in the making...a huddled mass yearning
to breathe free. Today I join an America that shouted loudly that
we will not go quietly into the night...I join an America that
proclaimed its Independence Day...an independence of
Spirit, of Vitality, of Destiny...Today is a new day where
a Phoenix Rises from The Ashes of Modern History
More Beautiful and Powerful than Ever Before!

As a Canadian, I am envious of the Spirit of America that says:

YES I CAN !!!

I am awed at the prospect of a country that allows everyone
to dream and achieve great things...a country strong enough
to admit and allow that:

YES YOU CAN !!!

As a Canadian, I am proud to join a world-wide chorus of joy
for a man and a people who have a dream...a dream of
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Today, I am not just a Canadian...Today...

I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! One People. One Nation. United We Stand !!!

and to realizing our common dreams....today I say:

YES WE CAN !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As we celebrate and rejoice tonight for the win of the one of that we so dearly support lets not forget why we put him in office in the first place...CHANGE!!

I know he is not going to have a magic wan that would resolve all the deep problems this country faces BUT he did gave us an outline of what his vision of this country was and the direction that he wants to take the country.

WE all that support him combined with those who didn't should take him to task now, take this country in the right direction if not 2012 is right around the corner and our voices should be heard then also.

We elect him for a reason and we should never forget that...at the end he is a politician and thats something than none of us here should forget.

But for tonight...rejoice and celebrate...this country is again full of hope.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

I'll keep my opinions to myself if you will (well, not really, I'll still post my opinions, since that's what you do in a forum). You are just an Obama lover, you don't care (as most here especially the mods) what he really stands for, what he's really all about, you just love that black articulate man, despite the fact that he's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (something that he denied, so that already makes him a liar).

Now that the new dictator is selected, we need to get ready for the next false flag, from what Biden, Pal, and all the other psychos are saying it's going to be a doozy.

I wonder what tomorrow will be like, will there be riots because of Obama's "win"?

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You may have a point there but let's hope nothing will happen.

To qd22vcc:
Dunno about you but i'm gonna start making a spider-sig.It's payback time. :B

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I cannot explain the feeling I have right now. After watching all the coverage from the beginning and getting to watch Barack Obama get elected President, we all just witnessed history. I wonder how it feels to be an African-American right now watching the first black president give his acceptance speech in front of thousands of people. I think he's going to be a great president.

Edit: After reading some of these posts I can't understand why people aren't feeling the way I do. Like there's actually hope when all we've been feeling for 8 years is fear. I for one put all of my conspiracy theories aside for a minute and thought of this as a silent revolution and it gave me new faith in the American people and hope for our future.

Corny but true!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
and as for the 1-2 who are griping about the NWO it doesnt matter who would have one you would have been whinging about it

We know this.

You really think the folks who set the NWO in place will sit by & let anyone come in and do what they want? The point is...anyone who comes in(Obama, McCain, Tom & Jerry)...will do what they(The puppet masters) want...or they'll be removed/bought/replaced.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

That is what I was saying. I think I would sign a contract saying I would bet 20 years of pay-free work (A.K.A. Being a slave to the gov't for 20 years) that he will bring no big change. And I mean change like the people who voted for him hoped for. That is how much I think this is all a farce.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

YES WE CAN!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

I dont know about that, but I will tell you what for sure will happen tomorrow:

-People would go back to work

-People would take their children to school

-People would pay their bills

-People would eat, drink and spend time with their families

All that would happen.

Is not the first time that this country has elected a new president if memory serves correct, and trust me Bush has set the bar so low that no even Dan Quayle could do worst.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to bed now to get some rest. I hope President-elect
Obama gets a good night's sleep as well. For the first time, he looked
tired and had dark circles under his eyes tonight. All of our Chicago
commentators who've followed Barack over the years noticed/mentioned
this on the TV tonight after his speech. Winning the Presidency one
day after losing the woman who raised you with motherly love is a
hell of a lot of good and bad stress for one 24 hour period.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Right, a guy who was raised on food stamps is in cahoots with the power elite! How did I not see that??? This guy has had to struggle for everything he has ever gotten! This is truly a great moment in the History of this Country!

And what do people who struggle ( in the true American way where there are actually food stamps and public shelters) know when it comes to survival? That you do what it takes and form alliances with whoever you have to for however long you must? Obama has NOT had to struggle for everything he has ever gotten and while i would be last to dismiss the legitimate struggle he had to contend with that hardly means that he can be trusted with the struggles of others.

Either way why do you think the major financial and industrial institutions trusted him with so much money? Why do you think he accepted that money?

This IS a truly historic moment in American history but i fear ( not the John Mcain type fear thought) that much faith will dashed in the comings years as people discover that Obama isn't one of 'us' after all. There exists this belief that the US national security state ( that entity that creates wars, economic devastation overseas and a unresponsive government at home) can be made to change course overnight. This is utterly false and the senators and presidents who have attempted to even deviate slightly from the script have met with unfortunate dead ends.

I can see a positive in that Obama may have inspired 'too much' hope and that enough supporters will remain to keep his feet to the fire. We should hope, shouldn't we?

Stellar

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We all went around campus rallying people. We collected like 300 and stormed the city streets gathering Obama supporters! Freaking epic!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Don't take this wrong but I said before that Obama was a racist and that he only distanced himself from it when it was brought out by his pastor whom he had had a close association with for what 20 yrs ??? Not 3 mintues into his speech he started to play the race card, people all I got to say is lets hope that he attempts to follow through on his words.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by midnight_sun]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Cannt believe ourson OBAMA have won .CONGRACULATIONS!. As a kenyan I'M proud to be associated to his success. LONG LIVE AND GOD;S BLESSINGS

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
When I voted for Obama today I was so anxious and was so tired of McCain and Palin and debating about them. When I saw McCain’s speech all the animosity I’d felt towards him poured out of me. I just want all the bickering that rose from this heated election to go away like a bad dream. I’m tired of being divided, even from people who disagree with me. I’d rather agree to disagree if that means quenching the division.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What I love is that he, and John McCain sat down, or stood, looked at the choice for President, and saw thier names. John McCain locked in a cage being tortured by the Vietcong could never have imagined a time he could look at a ballot for President of these United States and see his name on it. Barack Obama couldn't have lived during a time where people of his skin color could be beaten for eating at the wrong restaurant and imagined one day that when he voted, that he was voting was amazing, but when he voted he could look down and see his name on the ballot. Only in America. Iraq? Saddam, Saddam, Saddam. China? Ha, elections are for capitalists! America? A black man and a POW ran against each other. And when one lost, he went out and congratulated the winner. In other nations it would be a call to his followers to kill the winner. Here in America they go out and say congratulations, may you do your best for our nation and I will be proud to serve you.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

i definately did not like the sound of any of that kind of talk. especially that preacher, he just gave me the willies

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join