It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Election Results: 333 Electoral Votes @ 11PM EST

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What a fantastic and charismatic speech... gosh its already good to have a change in US politics.

A brilliant communicator makes for a brilliant leader.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

I never hear Obama talking about abolishing the Federal Reserve so I think it's safe to say he's on their side.

Anyone who's put into such power is on their side, else they'll be at the bottom of the food chain. Their votes put people into power...not yours. And it has been so for a very long time now.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

I supported Obama over McCain, even though I voted for Chuck Baldwin.

I am glad you voted for Baldwin too. I wish the percentages were up for him on television.

Overall, I bet the security for Obama is the highest in history.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
well dont feel sorry for me,

but i do feel there is a possibilty for change

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
such an inspiring election this was. people of america feel very united right now, and thats always how america should feel.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I really hope not, because Lincoln stood up to the international bankers, and they killed him.

I never hear Obama talking about abolishing the Federal Reserve so I think it's safe to say he's on their side.

I never hear him discussing preemptive war measures either, unlike his former opponent, so that must mean he want to 'Bomb, bomb Iran?' I'm beginning to understand how some of the people on this website can rationalize things in their own mind.

He was comparing this moment back to the period when Lincoln was President, when were still a very divided nation and he sampled a quote from the the former POTUS.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
As I said in the other, now closed topic. My guy(Ron Paul) lost but damn if this isn't moving. To go from a black man being property, a slave, to President. This is a Man on the Moon moment. Where were you when Obama was elected President. The first Black President of the United States of America. Watching the celebrations across the country, the historical moment. We are stained with slavery, racism, Jim Crow Laws, the KKK, and have thrown all that away to this moment.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Honestly, it makes me cry a little to imagine how he feels standing up there in front of the world......his dream......I am so happy to see someone's dream fulfilled and make history, the first black president(no matter the outcome)..

I think the more selfless we become an get rid of ego the more unified and clear we become

Such a moving moment that we get to experience in our lifetime...our own unique piece of history just for us!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by qd22vcc
Honestly, it makes me cry a little to imagine how he feels standing up there in front of the world......his dream......I am so happy to see someone's dream fulfilled and make history, the first black president(no matter the outcome)..

I think the more selfless we become an get rid of ego the more unified and clear we become

Such a moving moment that we get to experience in our lifetime...our own unique piece of history just for us!

Yeah i agree.. I can only imagine how it must feel for him to be a part of one of the biggest moments in american history. And if you looked at the crowd, they were all so emotional, and so happy to realize we are starting a new america

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
And this was my reply to you kiddo

Originally posted by GamerGal
My guy lost but damn if this isn't moving. To go from a black man being property, a slave, to President. This is a Man on the Moon moment. Where were you when Obama was elected President. The first Black President of the United States of America. Watching the celebrations across the country, the historical moment. We are stained with slavery, racism, Jim Crow Laws, the KKK, and have thrown all that away to this moment.

I'll have whatever you're drinking, when the hell was Obama EVER property (other than of the NWO) or a slave?

How are we "stained" with slavery? Slavery existed before America, whites were some of the first people EVER to be enslaved here in the U.S., that's what they don't teach you kids in school these days (you never really learn anything in school anyways).
Racism exists on both ends and blacks are just as racist if not more now days, well, it's not as bad as it was when the Black Panthers first started I guess.
Personally, it would have been better if Bill Cosby won (or even if he were running), that man is a true patriot, he really loves people no matter who they are, he has great morals and has taught and showed that blacks don't have to live up to these stupid stereotypes that people have about blacks.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I do agree that it truly is inspiring with the background music and the first black POTUS and all that jazz. Whether you agree with Obama or not, appreciate the moment people! This truly is a remarkable moment and even though I personally have many problems with Obama's ideologies, I can truthfully say that as an American I sure am glad to have been alive when the first black President was elected. Let us hope this inspiration holds true during his actual term. If not, then crap.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here in Australia 3 out of our 5 free-to-air networks are broadcasting this live.

Don't forget that your Allies have a huge interest in this also.

Congratulations to Mr Obama on the victory.

Both his, and Mr McCain's speeches were amazing. Obama's in particular will go down in history as one of the great speeches in US history, alongside "I Have a Dream" and many others and will be quoted for generations to come.

As I've stated before, I believe the puppeteers behind the US govt. won't allow change to occur, but talk about infectious charisma, Obama's speech tonight has given me renewed hope that your country can steer a new course.

Good luck America.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

That is what I was saying. I think I would sign a contract saying I would bet 20 years of pay-free work (A.K.A. Being a slave to the gov't for 20 years) that he will bring no big change. And I mean change like the people who voted for him hoped for. That is how much I think this is all a farce.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
His speech was very well done. I must say it was quite spellbinding to see that many people in Grant Park watching that speech. He got my vote. Hopefully we can see our country take on new life and not just be "Arrogant America".

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I must say, that was an amazing speech.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydelay
i noticed obama supporters didnt booo mccain

they have much more class

Yes sir, I noticed that too...... they also include people of different colors, unlike the McCain crowd... even different *hair* colors were represented.

Yes, obama is not perfect. And yes, he didn't get to the whitehouse without a little Bilderberg help.

But just because we don't know what the Bilderberg plan is, doesn't mean it's nefarious... is it?

At any rate, Obama is a smart man (as in IQ substantially greater than 100) and he is totally not Bush which in and of itself is an incredible achievement we failed to accomplish twice, once in 2000 and again in 04.

so today I am very happy, unless he is murdered soon or something.

I also look forward to what the black community has ahead of them, what with a good role model and everything. Could crime rates drop, even just a little bit? even just for a couple of weeks? maybe!

And what about our global clout? I think the US is going to be taken seriously once again in the international community. Maybe we don't have to bomb our way to respect at the smallest provocation (or without any)

As far as global warming, energy crisis and the economy? Good luck everyone, cause as good as Obama may be, it's not like he can turn water into gasoline or anything like that, we are still going to hell in a handbasket as soon as the economy crashes and oil runs out, but at least we will do it with hope. Or maybe the aliens will save us...

-rrr

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I voted for McCain..but after seeing Obamas speech....I got chills down my spine. His words were inspiring and he has my support. Sure there may be times I don't agree but he is going to be President soon. Anyways WOW. Obama 08 indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lets have faith(even though that is very religious and I am not really religious)

Sometimes if we collectively have positive energy ..we get self fulfilling prophecies and good things and karma will come our way

link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Can't talk for everyone ,but I agree 100%...Ron Paul would have been change.

link   
I wonder what is the IQ of those red states that McCain won?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join