It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Election Results: Concedes, 156 Electoral Votes @ 11:19PM EST

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Surely California's 55votes gives Mccain a chance..

conceding so early?

It would, but unfortunately, McCain's chances of winning California are only slightly better than those of him winning New York. In other words, it would probably require divine intervention.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
On TV, Fox News projects Obama wins VA. I'd expect a concession shortly after 11PM. CA will go to Obama at 11:00:01 EST so that puts him over the top.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OBAMA IS PRESIDENT

WHOOOOOOO

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Obama Won

It's over =)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The Fat Lady is warming up her pipes!
It also looks like there is going to be a filibuster proof House and Senate.
Thank God, perhaps the campaign strategy of hate is dead. It blew up in the GOP's face.

Amen, whaaa, amen! We in this land of the brave must no longer cower in fear and the hatred that goes along with it. We must no longer be taken in by those who would spread fear and hate. We are better than that and must show the world.
Tonight a wall in America has fallen every bit as much as the Berlin Wall fell. This wall was of our own making, however, and could only be taken down by us. God Bless America.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
It makes me laugh at how glum everyone at Fox is looking whilst reporting these results......fair and balanced my ass!

Yes well they aren't put in those positions because they aren't the faithful type; they very probably actually believe the nonsense they are spouting off each day of the week...

They are probably just sore because most of them are thinking about how much butt kissing they are going to have to do now.

Why? I mean it's not like American industry ( what's left of it) or the financial groups can leave US shores much faster than they are so how exactly are they going to lose reactionary corporate funding? Nah, these guys are glum in the same way ardent Nazi's committed suicide when they failed to realise the thousand year Reich...

Who wants to bet we are going to see Fox now turn thier comments around now, saying they loved Obama all along and "he always had our support!"?

Never going to happen. Obama got the fast majority of his funding from the same corporations McCain did and while you may lose elections you can't stop propagandizing the citizenry for three out of four years before the next presidential race. Fox will stick around and their coverage will be as reactionary and biased as it's been thus far.

I'd just love to see Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilley right now lol. You can almost predict the spontaneous combustion of the most unfair and unbalanced pair on tv

CX.

I don't think i could bear to see that and as i said these guys actually BELIEVE they are on the 'right' side of history; i just never take pleasure from observing actual suffering and despair and those two are certainly reeling from the shock of seeing a 'foreign Muslim terrorist' take over their country....

Stellar

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Historic Day guys,

Those of you who fear him, time will prove you wrong.

This is o negative slant against you, just reassuring you your fears are unfounded.

This is an AMAZING day & we have all been here to witness this.

The world rejoices for you, your image will be restored, your country will be respected again. Not through fear, but true respect because of your values and attitude.

This is the best man you could have elected.

Americans, NO 1 you have done yourselves and your country proud & a huge service that will only be measured by time.

NO 2, You have done the World proud.

Well done America!! My faith has been restored in you!!

From an Irishman with deep respect for you & your country.

Marker.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
this is the grreatest day of my life.... mccain concession speech

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
McCain should be applauded...he has made an amazing and supportive speech. Wonderfully done and extremely genuine! Well done to the McCain camp.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
good concession speech. but too little too late

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
McCain's speech was well done and he had to calm people down, but it was to the point. I can't wait to hear Rush tomorrow. I guess we can start the count down to when America will be held hostage by the democrats.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My respect for Mccain ( admittedly at very low levels, but i wouldn't have voted for Obama had i actually been a US citizen ) just about tripled after that concession speech. I don't see how he wrote it ( or if he did who wrote his campaign material ) but the mere fact that he could read it, and sound sincere, may do a bit to heal all the wounds created by the republican campaign.

Now we get to see if all this 'change' Obama has been talking about will be any more substantive than the change and progress Clinton, Bush or most of those before promised.

Stellar

[edit on 5-11-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
As good as McCain's humble and supportive concession speech was, I have to say, Barack was spot on with his acceptance speech in his well-known, top notch public speaking manner.
No matter what happens in the next 4 years, the one thing we have that we havent had in the white house for the last 8 years is a true public speaker.

No matter what was said up to this moment for or against him, he is now the elected commander-in-chief of the nation. I will support and hope that he has the best for the country in his heart for us all. I will challenge everything he says and does, as I have for the last 8 years. I will complain when I see something happen that I cannot agree with and I will celebrate when choices are made to support and build up the nation.

Another issue that I saw in the Obama speech was the crowd. Over 160,000 people in attendance. Points have been made about racial lines and divides surrounding this process. Did you see that the crowd? Did you see the equal diversity? I hope, beyond hope, that this nation...the people of this nation...will let go of old hate. I hope, beyond hope, that this election will help to bridge the racial divides that have plagued a nation so long built on "the old white boys club".

On a side note, he might be ready for the office of president, but I dont think he is ready to (white) house break that new puppy he promised his children.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Not sure if that's a crow in your avatar, but you might consider eating it...

you wrote

Eight years, maybe 12 years down the line he's going to have the maturity and track record to get elected.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I thought McCain's speech was admirable. That's the McCain that should've been running for president and he probably would've won. He's a great man but a more deserving one won tonight.

Edit: BTW did anyone see the shot of the huge crowd of Obama supporters gathered outside the White House? lol.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think McCain ran a great campaign, against all odds. McCain was heavily outspent, and as a moderate, disliked by extremists on both sides, of which there are too many.

I still think McCain was the better choice at this time. I hope Obama rises to the occasion, certainly I think he will be better than GW.

One point of Irony, Obama won CA by a sizable amount, and yet Prop 8 passed banning Gay Marriage. I find it very strange that a lot of people who voted for Obama, also voted for prop 8.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
sorry posted in the wrong thread.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Zeptepi]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join