It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Election Results: Concedes, 156 Electoral Votes @ 11:19PM EST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Methinks that with this stuff about calling winners with only 3% or what not is mainly the MSM competing with each other for viewers. Mixing crap in with typical bending of truth. Also gets people irritated, myself included.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I disagree,
I think this current government has drive this economy in the wrong direction on purpose, for personal and corporate interests.

Now, if the next president redirected the countries focus to industry, domestic issues, production etc, then the public would embrace that government.

if you’ve been kicked in the face for so long, and someone finally comes along helps you and and points you in the right direction... your going to appreciate and acknowledge that person.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
On Fox the electoral votes at 10pm EST are:
Obama 207
McCain 129

On CNN the electoral votes at 10pm EST are:
Obama 207
McCain 89

Maybe Americans are starting to focus on US issues rather than Israeli issues...
...could happen?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Some of them probably were called too early, but it doesn't matter. Of Ohio, Florida, Virginia and Pennsylvania, McCain needed three of the four. It looks very much like he's going to go 0-4. Its over, he's done.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
For everyone that is wondering how a state is declared without the votes been counted, I just saw it tonight in Fox News, they use a formula that takes into account many factors that right now I can not remember, but I they explain it tonight.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Face it...

President Obama. Democrats are taking a lead in the senate too. I predicted it within eight within the first hour of polls closeing.

ahaha

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemithesis

If McCain doesn't win California, he cannot win. But California?

AAC

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

They should have campaigned on the GOP accomplishments in the Whitehouse.

I agree, campaigning should only last a day or two!

MSNBC
Obama - 207
Mccain - 135

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

McCain's camp just conceded. 10:14 Eastern Time.

AAC

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I disagree,
I think this current government has drive this economy in the wrong direction on purpose, for personal and corporate interests.

Original Post:
You know, you're right; but remember that 3 out of 4 of the top members of congress who grew their wealth this year are Democrats. That's not saying anything other than neither party is innocent here.

Edit to correct (too much wine):

In the House of Representatives, Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., ranks No. 1, with $397 million, followed by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., with $343 million. Rep Robin Hayes, R-N.C., ranks third, with $173.4 million. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., ranks sixth, with $62 million.

In the Senate, the two Democrats from Massachusetts claimed two of the top three spots.

Sen. John Kerry led the pack, with $336 million, while Sen. Edward M. Kennedy ranked third, with $104 million. Sen. Herb Kohl, D-Wis., ranked second, with $241.5 million. Overall, senators had a median net worth estimated at $1.7 million.

Source: Members of Congress got 13 percent richer in 2007
If anything, this should be a wakeup call for the independent movement. I am convinced that the two-party system is dead.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by titian]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

AAC

Where did you see that?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

It is possible that you are right. My point is only that they are calling many of these states without any precincts reporting and that doesn't make a darn bit of sense. Polls can and frequently are wrong. In this case, they may be perfectly right I'm not denying that. But it simply doesn't make sense to call a state for either candidate without any of the precincts reporting.

reply to post by truth_seeker3

I'm sorry, that contributed to the discussion how? I mean really. Yes by the end of the night Obama may, and probably will, win. But all of the results aren't in yet and your post was simply bad form.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Where
?
How?

where did you hear he condeded?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Ya, where the hell did you get that. I have no record anywhere of that

link   

AAC

So is this thread closing down now? Nothing more to see here folks?
At least I didn't have to stay up until midnight like in 2004.

link   
reply to post by Aislin

FOX News just showcased the campaign manager stating they "concede that there is no viable road that can put McCain at 270."

AAC

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Where did you get that info?

No reporting of such an event - that would be plastered all over every station & webpages

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Aislin

FOX News just showcased the campaign manager stating they "concede that there is no viable road that can put McCain at 270."

AAC

WHAT? I have had FOX on = all day.....
I didnt hear this. It must have happened VERY FAST as I left the room for a few seconds.

Seriously?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Fox News talking heads are already conceding that Obama won, and not in a graceful manner I should say.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Cnn. Com:

Obama builds momentum
Barack Obama is on target to win Ohio, Iowa and New Mexico, CNN projects. Those three states went for President Bush in 2004. Two senior aides to John McCain see "no path to victory," given the results so far.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join