It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Election Results: Concedes, 156 Electoral Votes @ 11:19PM EST

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
On Fox the electoral votes at 9:30pm EST are:
Obama 200
McCain 90

On CNN the electoral votes at 9:30pm EST are:
Obama 174
McCain 69

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why is it important that "Every Republican President has won Ohio"?
It's not like they have a huge number of elections to draw from
when making that statement, like it's gospel. Any scientist will
tell you that you can't draw a conclusion based on just 15 or
20 instances over a 200 year time period.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

Regardless of the sample size we're talking about here, the math just doesn't work. We need Ohio or Pennsylvania to flip later tonight or McCain cannot win.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by BlackOps719

wrong, things are looking great!
.. but bad for some fair enough,

Obama's held out a 100 vote lead, id say its going to be a pretty big win for the 'crats!

I didnt vote for either of them but I will feel the effects no matter who wins. As much as I disagree with a majority of Obama's positions I wasn't sold on Mccain and that fruitcake Palin at all. So it goes I guess, I hope Obama backs up all of his big talk and actually does some of the stuff he has said he would do.

Either way, no more Bush. That has to be a good thing, regardless of who replaces him.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
or it is that the politics of fear is just beginning....

Indeed. At this point, I am fearful for the future of this country. I'm pretty sure we're going to regret this one. Oh well. Some lessons need to be learned the hard way, I suppose.

It looks like we're headed for something along the lines of 364-174 in the EV totals. Its times like these, I'm definitely glad I live in a red state.

Let me be the first to say: Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy.

link   
Have to keep in mind here folks that just because the media is calling it based on exit polls, doesn't mean that they are right. They are calling some of these states with only 3% of precincts reporting. It could go either way at this point since these exit polls are not 100% reliable.

link   
ABC just called Texas for McCain. He still needs Ohio?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I was wondering how they could accurately call a lot of these states already even though the polls just closed.

How can you project a winner with 3% and in some cases 1% of the votes had been tallied?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by carewemust

Regardless of the sample size we're talking about here, the math just doesn't work. We need Ohio or Pennsylvania to flip later tonight or McCain cannot win.
Not likely.

I will say McCain still made an impressive showing. Being outspent 7-1 and having a campaign a million times worse organized it seems he closed major gaps, just a bit to late.

Coming from a president , an incumbent at that, with the worst ratings ever measuered, Id say I still have pride in my guy.

Lets see how things develop....

[edit on 11/4/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Jenna

I was wondering how they could accurately call a lot of these states already even though the polls just closed.

How can you project a winner with 3% and in some cases 1% of the votes had been tallied?

And I am sitting here wondering the same thing. I just figured I didnt understand these things....well, I dont

However, with that said. I still believe Obama will win and I still feel that is a HORRIBLE decision for this country.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

My thoughts exactly. I think they are getting ahead of themselves here. They may be right, but it is possible that they are wrong. Especially since some of these states they are calling one way or the other if you look at the actual results that are in it is a tie so far.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Seriously.

I dont know where to post this:

Can SOMEONE please explain how a state is called when only 17% of votes are in????

I feel really stupid right now

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Jenna

What's CRAZY to me is that 25% of the American people voted EARLY.
Their votes should have been tabulated already. No state who had
early voting should be showing a measly 2% return counted. I guess
technology hasn't progressed as much as many of our politicians and
news media described it as having progressed.

link   
reply to post by vor78

Just think of it as a blessing in disguise. If McCain had won and with all the trouble we can expect the next 4 years, the Dems would have swept the 2012 election and probably the next 5 elections after that. At least now the reps have a chance to reinvent themselves for the 2012 election. In addition, did you really want to see McCain fighting with Pelosi all the time. Let Obama have all the fun.

link   
But HOW can you call a state with 0% votes reported. How?

At 9pm the polls closed in several states and within 5 minutes of the polls closing and 0% votes being in they were putting a check mark next to Obama and calling the state.

Now I may not have a degree from Yale or Harvard...but 0% of 0 = 0.

Since when can a race be CALLED based on exit polling results?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is the process of calling the vote when you poll people. The process was developed by the Greeks, but not actually used until 1824.

The process is simple. Take about 1000 people and survey them. You should nearly always get it right with about 3% margin of error.

But if the way they tallied the votes was biased, then there should be a difference,

Once they know 1000+ people, it is easy to call it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am not American, so this election is merely a spectator sport for me. I was however following my heart and pulling for Mccain. What can i say I am a sucker for an under-dog.

Having said that, it is probably an inevitable need to have Obama win for many reasons. I am almost certain that it would be very bad for Obama to lose, killing the hopes of so many desperate people. This could have resulted in mass rioting(thanks to the media for building Obama up so much).

Or maybe, just maybe this is part of the plan to have Obama win and then all the dirt he has been so vigorously hiding comes out after the fact. Forcing a challenge or change to the constitution.

Of course I am not 100% sure I know what I am talking about whwn it comes to American Politics....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That's the only silver lining I see here. I think we all agree that this country is headed for a very rough patch the next few years. As many have said, the party that wins this election may well wish they hadn't a few years from now. Given the state of public disapproval with all levels of government, I expect that the honeymoon won't last long.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Even in the state/local elections it look like for now the Dembs are going to prevail.

The only good thing I can see coming out of this election is that perhaps
now the campaign strategy of negativity, lying, hate and not running on the issues is dead. It seems to have blown up in McCain's and Palins face.

They should have campaigned on the GOP accomplishments in the Whitehouse.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
All of these states being called as soon as the polls close without any precincts reporting reminds me a bit of the 2000 and 2004 election debacles. Maybe it's just me, but calling based on exit polls hasn't been working too well in recent presidential elections.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join